closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iPace comes with quite a few gremlins...

Blog Entries

iPace comes with quite a few gremlins...

On the iPace Forum there's a lot to do about the quality of the iPace. A few examples posted on a Dutch news site (complete with spelling mistakes); this was posted on Dec 16th. Members ask if they're the unpaid Beta-testers for Jaguar's software update...

"I’m Dutch bu the way. Received the car Teusday and have had many issues since: non or incorrect milage data, the radio switch on and couldn’t be switched of anymore, the mid console switched off and doesn’t function until software is reloaded, charging at home is impossible as the car doesn’t connect (hence 2 hours of charging at fast charging stations!!) and at fast chargers the operator has to start the session remotely as the car keep on killing the sessions. The GPS module is not functioning resulting in a blocked Remote App as the car is listed as stolen.While loving the car, the whole experience so far has been a downright nuisance. I’ve spend an average of 2 hoirs a day to keep this care going, which is more than I drove on average a day." - [vult u alstublieft zelf [sic!] in waar dat nodig is?, red.] gepost op 16 december door [... name deleted by my, Menno]

"I have had my HSE now for less then a week. Issues began as soon as I left the dealership and after connecting my android phone with the app at the dealership. My issues are not as bad as [...] but similar.
    - main infotainment system hardly ever on and both center consoles are totally black and unresponsive.
    - Logically all other features are also not adjustable like heating/cooling, parking assistant, and everything else that can be changed via the main screens
    - Radio powers on while the car is locked and stays on
    - Suddenly lost all DAB radio connectivity, this has since come back now
    - unreliable mileage numbers
    - strange discharge on range while the car is parked in my garage overnight.

Charging has not been a problem, although I do not yet have a home charger and have been using public chargers
    My wife refuses to drive this thing due to uncertainty if the infotainment system is working

I took it to the dealer on Friday and they have confirmed "many" having similar issues without a fix available yet. They did state that there may be some new software out by end of this week. I have noticed that things have gotten more stable ever since i stopped connecting my android and totally deleted my phone from the bluetooth properties when the main console was actually working."
    That doesn't sound good.

My wife has been eyeing the forum; she has plans to replace the CR-V for a new car mid-'19 and is thinking about a hybrid. Jag has just tumbled off the shortlist.

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 19th December 2018 at 18:26.

Thrilled with my Tesla Model X, just clocked past 3,000 smooth quiet and stress free miles in just over 2 months.

In some ways I still think we're beta testers, but its minor things and the car is so stupendously capable otherwise it is no real hardship.

I wasn't a fan of Jags combustion cars quality etc so its not going to be any better on the ipace.

JLR aren’t exactly renowned for their reliability.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    JLR aren’t exactly renowned for their reliability.
    I’ve owned two Jags and had no problems whatsoever, much of the criticism is anecdotal and without foundation. Internet doesn’t help.

Sadly, with cars becoming more reliant on software, problems will occur regardless if brand. The computer software industry is notorious for not getting stuff right first time.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I’ve owned two Jags and had no problems whatsoever, much of the criticism is anecdotal and without foundation. Internet doesn’t help.

Sadly, with cars becoming more reliant on software, problems will occur regardless if brand. The computer software industry is notorious for not getting stuff right first time.
    The older Jags seem much better in this respect.

My pal most certainly handed his Freelander back after 11 months of pain (bought brand new) so in his case it had foundation and was very stressful since it was his 'treat' on retirement.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Wouldn’t touch a JLR car with a baseball bat ever again once bitten and all that, oh the irony of who’s paying me at the moment 🤣

Craftsman
    Father in law got himself on a prerelease test drive for one of these after the endless issues he's had with his Merc C350e but decided against it as he didn't like the drive.

Sounds like a good thing he didn't... Might have ended up worse off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    They always say never buy the first ones of a new model so nothings ever changed and btdt before

Quote Originally Posted by P ELLIS View Post
    They always say never buy the first ones of a new model so nothings ever changed and btdt before
    This in a nutshell.....JLR have and always will continue to make the customer the guineapig.
    Evoque-FFRR-Disco Sport all blighted in the early days- if you're going to buy a new one give it a few years.

They defo have issues, mainly electronic problems, all from 1st hand experience.

I got a full refund on mine after JLR and the dealer could not get it sorted after 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    This in a nutshell.....JLR have and always will continue to make the customer the guineapig.
    Evoque-FFRR-Disco Sport all blighted in the early days- if you're going to buy a new one give it a few years.
    I had literally one of the first transit custom vans and had a raft of issues that ford denied were not happening yet started a lot of modifications , I’m on my 3rd sport van ( one of the recent ones ) and it’s been superb .... fatal comment
    The focus rs was the same with early head gasket issues while my 18 plate is one of the last 50 and got all the revisions. The Rs4 had its issues ... all the early stuff can be problematic and anyone that is clued up on motors generally avoids new models to see what crops up

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Sadly, with cars becoming more reliant on software, problems will occur regardless of brand.
    This.

Call me old-fashioned, but so much of the technology - a.k.a. gimmickry - being built into cars nowadays is a backward step, IMO.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Completely standard with JLR products sadly - get yourself a Lexus NX/RX instead - You cannot beat Japanese reliability. You'll be thanking me later if you do.

Master
    We had a Jag X Type which was faultless.

When I bought my Golf Mk 7, it was one of the first and I had problems with it constantly going into limp mode so much so that the dealer replaced it after 3 months, the subsequent two have been faultless.

Reminded me of my dad’s advice to never buy a recently released model as the gremlins may not be sorted out.

I am sure JLR will sort out any shortcomings fairly quickly.

Master
    JLR laying off 5000 staff because of a downturn in sales.

I wonder why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God who saw that coming?

There's a new Alpine in my local garage. I'm still convinced the lightweight petrol/hybrid/electric/hydrogen car is the future, not the heavy, gadget-laden limo. I think I'd also be happy if they came with somewhere to plug in your iPad to provide entertainment and satnav rather than the manufacturer making their own. In essence, chuck out all the nonsense and keep the bare necessaries. Need a 4x4? Buy a new Jimny.
    "A man of little significance"