closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which Strap for a Speedy Newbie

Journeyman

Which Strap for a Speedy Newbie

Hi folks,

I'm new to the Speedy, but already I quite fancy a strap for it - both for the change of look, and preservation of the bracelet.

I've never had a strap before, so I'm a bit lost for choice - I know there are a million Speedy Strap images online, but I'm looking for some recommendations - preferably black, but open to options - got to look great with a standard Speedy Pro! I was all set to go with the Hirsch Merino - but then read that it was really quite thin, so I'm not convinced it's going to look that great on a chunkier watch.

Any ideas folks?

Craftsman
    Lots out there as you say and I have tried a few. One that seems to work as a look (there will be other makers of similar) is this one....Seems to fit the original Racing pedigree: the di-modelle-rallye strap in black.

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/pro...ch-strap-black
    Last edited by Rich; 18th December 2018 at 14:58.

I use Cousins alligator straps for an Omega style deployant (the 20/18mm one). Currently I have a black one and a dark brown one. They are excellent value for money at about £80 quid all in, and at 5 odd mm at the lug end are quite chunky.

Master
    Second the rally style.

Master
    The Speedy will dress up and down, and suits pretty much every strap I've put one on.

I like:

- Croc
    - Rallye
    - More heavy duty leather with contrast stitching
    - Dark NATOs
    - Sailcloth

My favourite is the OEM bracelet!

Master
    NATOs look great, leathers are elegant - for something a bit different, look at GasGasBones - handmade straps for Speedies & others in nylon or leather. Excellent quality & a plethora of options to choose from with buckles etc.

Master

Wink

Surely being a speedie you need one of those skinny, terrible fitting, cheap metal straps that make the watch look absolute trash?

(Runs for cover)

Ps if you’re that new to speedmasters that may not make sense.

Master
    While the Di-Modelle suggested by Rich is a fine strap, I would prefer something with a bit of padding and a curved profile, which, IMO, suits a Speedy better. I would suggest something like this, fitted with an OEM Omega buckle or a butterfly deployant. However, this subject has as many opinions as there are Speedmaster owners out there.
    https://www.watchstrapworld.com/watc...in-buckle.html

Check out some of the straps from PAV79 here on this forum, I have a dark brown rally on my Speedy Pro and its very comfortable and quality.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?421799-FS-20mm-handmade-straps-DEALER&highlight=pav79

Craftsman
    A matt black teju strap from john at dangerous9straps will be a perfect match for a speedmaster. It's nicely thickened at the lugs, but slims down at the clasp and keepers as John can cut the skins so the scale pattern changes at the clasp holes. Ask him for the Offshore Professional design and ignore the cost as the pleasure of the quality will far outlast the sting of the price.

Use a deployment clasp and not a buckle as a buckle causes a kink in the leather that will ultimately lead to a tear. This is a top tip for everyone that wears their watch on a leather or animal skin strap.
    Last edited by LorneG; 18th December 2018 at 17:02.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LorneG View Post
    A matt black teju strap from john at dangerous9straps will be a perfect match for a speedmaster. It's nicely thickened at the lugs, but slims down at the clasp and keepers as John can cut the skins so the scale pattern changes at the clasp holes. Ask him for the Offshore Professional design and ignore the cost as the pleasure of the quality will far outlast the sting of the price.

Use a deployment clasp and not a buckle as a buckle causes a kink in the leather that will ultimately lead to a tear. This is a top tip for everyone that wears their watch on a leather or animal skin strap.
    That is VERY nice.

Craftsman
    i 2nd the nato-its a toolwatch

Journeyman
    Some brilliant recommendations there - thanks all - will report back with obligatory pictures :)

snoopy speedy strap seems to be the nicest looking IMHO but everytime one comes up on the sales corner its gone in seconds...

Maybe get one made?....mine below made by Pav on my FOIS, he's also made me a plain black one.

Nice leather, made to measure and lots of options

Cheers

How about a nice Oxford tan strap

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk