closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris Aquis Divers - Real World Experiences?

Oris Aquis Divers - Real World Experiences?

Good morning and a Happy Christmas...

I've recently been toying with picking up an Oris Aquis Diver in Green.

I really like the design and think the pricing is pretty good.

But I have little knowledge of the brand and don't know anyone who has one.

So just looking for a bit of real world feedback on this particular watch.

Positive and Negative is welcome....

Thanks in advance and have a great Christmas and New Year!

Master
    Wearing my Small Seconds as i type and can honestly say its every bit as well made and finished as my Planet Ocean.

They don't hold their used value well for some reason so i'd look there if i were you.

Master
    Pick one up used and near mint for c. £7-800 if you're patient.

Having owned small seconds, aquis and tt1, I felt the quality and design of the tt1 was better than the aquis. Only problem is they're 4 years old minimum now.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Had an Aquis black with orange markers, really loved it for a long time, and at 43mm felt it was a good size, but, after a couple of years I just got the feeling that the bracelet was too big for the head and it ate away at me so it went.
    I have to say it was a very nice watch, a bit bling maybe as highly polished and always got a lot of attention, not sure I’d go the small seconds as at 46mm it might be a bit big, but maybe the case shape which is a bit barrel like might offset it, the bracelet would certainly look better proportioned though.

Master
    I'll also say that the 47mm of the Small Seconds wears quite small as the bezel is the full size od the case

Master
    Ive one on SC if interested, its on the rubber.....did have the steel but thought it was too much bling, great dial colour and has plenty of comments.

Thanks for the information everyone. I was looking specifically at the Oris Aquis Green on Rubber strap. I’d seen a few available for about £1.1k brand new from Germany which seems a good deal.

Though the lady in Goldsmiths didn’t take to kindly to me telling her that I wouldn’t be buying as she was £400 more!

With regards to the one your selling in SC, I’ve not been around these parts long enough to access there, but appreciate you letting me know.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I had a Date Diver (TT1 I think) which I part exchanged for an original Omega SMP. A few months later I went back to the Oris because as far as I was concerned, the Oris was a better watch.

Craftsman
    Going with the rest of the crowd, not specifically about the Aquis, but I also have a TT1 and I still hold that it’s the best made and most comfortable bracelet of my entire collection.

I have my eye on the Aquis for a daily because of that.

IMG_0914.jpg

Master
    I keep looking at one of these albeit on the black strap to tone it down.
    https://www.chronext.co.uk/oris/aqui...SABEgK-aPD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by tobetobes View Post
    Going with the rest of the crowd, not specifically about the Aquis, but I also have a TT1 and I still hold that it’s the best made and most comfortable bracelet of my entire collection.

I have my eye on the Aquis for a daily because of that.

IMG_0914.jpg
    That’s a TT2, just saying :-)

Blimey i thought I'd missed christmas eve and woke up on the 25th in the op! Good watches but big clunky and not really for the office?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzer View Post
    That’s a TT2, just saying :-)
    Ahha! Shit..... I’ll hand in my chips. That’s a proper school boy error, and on my own kit!

Shameful. I’m off to WUS where I can get my facts wrong in silence. ;-).

Journeyman
    Picked up a used aquis date (orange) late last year and simply adore it.

Came with rubber and bracelet, soon moved the rubber on. As nice as it was, just not for me.

Thoughts so far...

Stunning looks
    Big, but not too OTT due to the short / curved lugs
    Bracelet is awesome, very solid with a lovely finish and very very substantial.
    Love the little features such as it's slightly vintage looks, separate crown guard, date at 6 (same colour as dial),red rotor, action of the crown & bezel...

I for one cannot fault it and at the price point, for a recognised brand, not much comes close to it.

Last edited by Jonesinamillion; 22nd December 2018 at 00:42.

Journeyman
    Absolutely recommend oris aquis, I love mine although slightly different it's the depth gauge model, it's a big watch at 46mm but wears smaller more like 43mm. The bracelet is the best I've worn! Suits the watch and very comfortable. I would buy on bracelet and source the oris rubber later👍

No experience of the Aquis, but can recommend the brand, I’ve worn a TT1 more or less every day for 8 years and it’s been great, had it serviced by an independent a while ago when it started losing time overnight, but that’s the only issue I’ve ever had.