closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zodiac Grandrally - Heuer Carrera clone

Zodiac Grandrally - Heuer Carrera clone

In the absence of Heuer bothering with their automatic Carreras, Zodiac have come along and created a rather striking reissue of their own version of the Cal.12 Carrera, as made by Heuer for them. Here's an original:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/zodi...et-2100.63254/

And here, with quartz chrono movement, is the new Zodiac, available from Page and Cooper:

https://www.pageandcooper.com/watch-...odiac-watches/

I'm not convinced by the bracelet without curved end links but for £375 I thought I'd give the orange one a go. I have a big hole Heuer corfam replica in leather ready and waiting.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Not too shabby for the price

The crown is on the wrong side though!

The Seawolf is also cool

Zodiac did plenty of fine watches

Master
    But do they actually have stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    But do they actually have stock?
    Four to six weeks!

Master
    I quite like the orange one

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I've been looking at those watches for weeks. I am tempted,especially at that price, but I think I will now wait and see what Simon's looks like when he eventually gets hold of it.

I was on the cusp of ordering a Super Sea Wolf 53 Skin at the end of November but then the unexpected replacement of a washing machine and a bed put paid to that. I'm still tempted......

I've asked P&C to refund my money and email me when they have the stock in. I can't be bothered letting them have my money if they don't have the watch ready to send. They didn't advertise it as not in stock so I'll take my money back. I like the watch and I'll probably still buy one.

Master
    They do look good. I had been looking at them too and was wondering if the black border at the blunt end of the hands could be removed. Just looks wrong. Edit: Not so noticeable on the black dial though - I had been considering the silver dial/blue sub-dial version.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I've asked P&C to refund my money and email me when they have the stock in. I can't be bothered letting them have my money if they don't have the watch ready to send. They didn't advertise it as not in stock so I'll take my money back. I like the watch and I'll probably still buy one.
    Still no refund from Page & Cooper despite it now being past the 7-10 days they said it would take to process it (ordered on the 17th December, cancelled on the 18th). I'm not terribly impressed. I can't see on their website where it says they don't have the watch in stock and it was only once I'd paid them that they emailed me

"Sadly due to the recent high demand in our Zodiac watches, especially the Grandrally range all our orders have to be made built to order.".

I asked them instead to email me when they have the watches in stock. Am I being unreasonable or should I expect a seller to state if something's in stock or not? It's not like I'm buying something bespoke. Since there's been 'recent high demand' in these watches it's interesting that I haven't spotted one on here yet.

Craftsman
    no - thats not unreasonable at all. you can cancel or return and refund your online purchase up to 7 days afterwards, so you are within your rights. Shame , a couple of ok looking watches, but your situation doesnt really impress very much!

Master
    Sadly seems to be par for the course with P&C i’d not touch them with a barge pole.

Like the way they state that a price rise is expected soon, pay now to avoid it ? But still don’t get a watch.

Master
    Are there any other Zodiac dealers in the UK?

Master
    If it was almost anybody else but Page and Cooper selling them, I’d be tempted.

It must be a good business model, letting your customers fund your orders without you needing to hold any stock yourself...

They bit me once like this, never again.

No news since they replied yesterday to say they were looking into it. Anyone know if I can claim the money back through PayPal please?

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    If your foolish enough to buy from Page and Cooper I doubt the watch will ever actually materialise!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    I had the same issue as Simon when I ordered my Super Sea Wolf 1968 from P&C. Placed the order and my money was taken instantly.

The next day I got an email to say it would be 14 days before I received the watch as they were waiting for them to arrive from Zodiac. No mention of that on their website. I did think of cancelling but as it was a very limited edition I let it go and waited.

The watch was actually delayed again and it didn’t arrive for 4 weeks, but to be fair it did arrive, and they had kept me updated with regular emails in the interim. At no point did I think I’d done my money,

I was glad I waited in the end, but it definitely p*ssed me off that they had not been upfront about not actually having them in stock, and immediately took my money anyway.

Craftsman
    Aside from the P&C problems (never dealt with them, so can’t comment) I think these look very nice. It makes a change to see a nicely balanced bi-compax chrono with date window at 6. I personally like this style and dislike the date at 4/5 which seems to be coming the norm for quartz chrono’s.

Now, a mechanical version would be very interesting...

The original P&C "bad service" thread is here: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ys-bad-service
    Might be worth adding to it seeing as it's now the 2nd highest result on google if you search for Page & Cooper.

Craftsman
    I would definitely consider requesting your money back from Paypal, falls well within the parameters of saying that you havnet received something you paid for.

They should get a strike on their account too, which they clearly deserve!

You can claim your money through PayPal, i had the same issue with Jura a couple of months ago and got a deposit refunded.

P&C are terrible, i have met Jonathan and he is a really lovely chap. Really odd that they can't get much right. I'd only purchase if i could meet up with the team and collect.

Quote Originally Posted by ejtrent View Post
    I would definitely consider requesting your money back from Paypal, falls well within the parameters of saying that you havnet received something you paid for.

They should get a strike on their account too, which they clearly deserve!
    I've done that, interestingly a couple of friends of mine are friends on Facebook with Jonathan, the MD, so if the money's not in my account in the next few days I'll start making a stink.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    The original P&C "bad service" thread is here: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ys-bad-service
    Might be worth adding to it seeing as it's now the 2nd highest result on google if you search for Page & Cooper.
    Thank you!

Update! No refund from Page & Cooper still.

Hope the OP got his money back. I've ordered a Super Sea Wolf 53 in the watermelon colour scheme and went via watches.com - a US seller. Watch in stock, dispatched with UPS 6 hours later and en route to the UK. By the time customs duty is paid it will work out £25 more expensive than Page and Cooper which is worth it to avoid the hassle.

Anyone else noticed how Page and Cooper have jacked up the prices of their Aerospace GMTs as they know there is demand? Way above RRP which was $1695 but they asked £2500 for the Gulf colours (sold yesterday) and £2000 for the black colourway which they still have. Reeks of profiteering.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Hope the OP got his money back. I've ordered a Super Sea Wolf 53 in the watermelon colour scheme and went via watches.com - a US seller. Watch in stock, dispatched with UPS 6 hours later and en route to the UK. By the time customs duty is paid it will work out £25 more expensive than Page and Cooper which is worth it to avoid the hassle.

Anyone else noticed how Page and Cooper have jacked up the prices of their Aerospace GMTs as they know there is demand? Way above RRP which was $1695 but they asked £2500 for the Gulf colours (sold yesterday) and £2000 for the black colourway which they still have. Reeks of profiteering.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I did get my money back but it took about a month. I also now have this, which is what I wanted in the first place but had to source elsewhere, especially on a 20mm Heuer Corfam-alike strap.

I did get my money back but it took about a month. I also now have this, which is what I wanted in the first place but had to source elsewhere, especially on a 20mm Heuer Corfam-alike strap.

That's appalling keeping your money that time, you should really add your experience to the thread linked above. I don't know how they get away with this type of business practise.

Great watch though, at least you got there in the end. Congratulations.

Master

Glad things worked out for you Foxy it's even better to see some colorful photos and watches and attire from you again.

All the best
    John

Glad to hear that you eventually got your money back and sourced the watch you wanted Foxy.

The blue on silver is the standout model for me. I m increasingly drawn to light dialled watches with black framed hands. I find the contrast makes them highly legible to my eye.

But based on this thread, if I decide to take the plunge it will be via a different source.

Last edited by Onespeed; 12th June 2019 at 06:34.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought a blue one of these last year,was going to use it as a daily.Spent most of its short life in the box,can’t seem to gel with it for some reason.

Master
    Some of these have the Grandrally name in script on the dial while others don't. Both examples are on the Zodiac webpage and I think that I have now seen most colour variants with both configurations. Is there a significance? I much prefer them without the script and wearing mine as I type this. Also, there appears to be at least two different boxes. Again, what's the significance?