closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What will Tudor surprise us with at BASEL 2019

Master
    People are getting excited about a possible blue Sub, good idea to jump into this space that Rolex have left open... but Tudor will have to train up their staff to be as rude and dismissive with the long wait lists first, lol.

Another vote for a smaller ranger Something around 36 would be very tempting!

Craftsman
    Supplying watches they announced in 2018.

Craftsman
    I think, they will widen the BB58 range this year (logical step) and introduce something slightly new like a new version of Ranger with the inhouse movement.

Craftsman
    Maybe a new big block style
    A daytona for us poor people who have no chance of ever getting one
    Ive been on a list for 5 years and to be honest whilst i love the watch
    there is no way i would pay the vast premium that is being charged

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Truth

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Is there even a ‘shortage’ of these Rolex sports models? Doesn’t look like it to me. Just go on chrono 24, TRF sales forum etc and type in the ref no of the new Pepsi GMT. All a load of hyped up speculators buying them and flipping them or pop up grey dealers bumping $17k pepsi’s On TRF.

In the grand scheme of things each dealer won’t really get that many watches anyway. My local AD has had the same Tudor models sat in the window for months on end (Pelagos’ and other BB’s) The point I’m making here is these are expensive luxury items and the turn over is low compared to other essentials. In reality they would have the same (like they used to) with Rolex if there weren’t people hoovering them up to put on the grey market for twice the price.

Pretty much a perfect analogy of the truth behind the so called Rolex Sports shortage or many of the other supposedly in demand models.

As has already been said, no shortage, Rolex/Tudor are probably making the same numbers that they did a couple of years ago when you could pass a AD display and see a Blnr, Deepsea etc lined up for anyone to buy. Now we just have more speculators and AD friends hoovering up the watches when they arrive in store and putting them out there for twice(and some) the price.

Craftsman

Same old.

Quote Originally Posted by vekslak View Post
    I think, they will widen the BB58 range this year (logical step) and introduce something slightly new like a new version of Ranger with the inhouse movement.

Do not think they will deviate too much from their tried and tested formula at the moment. Probably will be a couple of new BB58 colour range and possible tweaking of it’s current models but pretty much same old faux vintage feel.

When you hear of the criticism Audemars are receiving for their new Code model range, do not think too many manufacturers will give us anything to far removed from their existing models

I’m hoping for a sub with painted indices with no faux lumina

Journeyman

If I were Tudor, and I wanted to make people on English-speaking watch forums happy, I would produce something that had the Ranger dial in a case similar in size to the BB58, rather than the huge all-dial design it currently sits in, with a standard modern bracelet and the new thin movement currently only in the BB58.

ie something more like the one on the right than the one on the left

Where do I sign up..

Would certainly make me happy, speaking as a member of an English speaking watch forum.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    If I were Tudor, and I wanted to make people on English-speaking watch forums happy, I would produce something that had the Ranger dial in a case similar in size to the BB58, rather than the huge all-dial design it currently sits in, with a standard modern bracelet and the new thin movement currently only in the BB58.

ie something more like the one on the right than the one on the left

I'd be very happy with that

That Ranger concept is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie View Post
    Hi all..
    as the thread title says..Admittedly it was mentioned by another watch junkie on another thread... any thoughts, I would love to see a sub/date on 39 mm..we can all dream
    thanks
    Ernie in Plymouth
    Isn’t the 58 as Sub in all but name?

I would expect that Rolex would not allow Tudor to use the Submariner name.

I’d guess 58s with coloured bezels. Blue or Red. Not green.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Isn’t the 58 as Sub in all but name?

I would expect that Rolex would not allow Tudor to use the Submariner name.

I’d guess 58s with coloured bezels. Blue or Red. Not green.
    https://monochrome-watches.com/tudor...redictions-11/

Ernie in Plymouth

Apparently this is a “leak”very similar to the monochrome mock up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post

I can't see that; too close to "home"; I think Tudor are now using the snowflake hands as their brand signature. I didn't really care for them until I tried one on ...
    Last edited by Montello; 17th February 2019 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post

This. A pretty Fastback model, with Panda dial and ceramic insert.

Job done.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I can't see that; too close to "home"; I think Tudor are now using the snowflake hands as their brand signature. I didn't really care for them until I tried one on ...
    Absolutely agree. Date window would be nice and snow flake hands. I like them and it’s what makes it a modern Tudor.

Craftsman

Every year

Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post

That site does this every year and speculate some on possibly new model updates etc. They normally get it wrong but occasionally they get lucky and like to take credit that they brought it to the Watch community first.

Anything they say should not be taken seriously.

Pelagos in 39mm? Intriguing!! The safe - the Pelagos bezel was designed to sound like a safe lock. I recall that.

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=scooby;5004082]Maybe a new big block style

Oh yes please to that!

[QUOTE=Barrisimo;5035461]

Oh yes please to that!
    Yep, a 40-41mm panda dial chronograph similar to the Big Blocks, just with the Breitling movement and no date could be very nice indeed.

I also think a variation on the BB GMT is possible, maybe a bimetal S&G one?

Other things: smaller Pelagos with 58 movement, Pelagos GMT, new North Flag, updated Ranger (maybe 36/38mm one as above in the thread), Heritage Chrono with in-house movement?

Why does it say 'Gevene' and not 'Geneve' on the dial? And what does 'Certifieo' mean? Or is this just incredibly poor Paintshop skills?

I wouldike it if Tudor dropped the coin edge bezel, I much prefer the Rolex style serrated teeth. Otherwise it would be a shame if Tudor adopted Mercedes hands again when the snow flake ones are much more unique.

[QUOTE=Dark Side of The Loon;5035760]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrisimo View Post

Yep, a 40-41mm panda dial chronograph similar to the Big Blocks, just with the Breitling movement and no date could be very nice indeed.

I also think a variation on the BB GMT is possible, maybe a bimetal S&G one?

Other things: smaller Pelagos with 58 movement, Pelagos GMT, new North Flag, updated Ranger (maybe 36/38mm one as above in the thread), Heritage Chrono with in-house movement?
    If they delivered all of these, their sales would be through the roof.

Modern big block, proper sized Ranger (36-38mm), sub 40mm Pelagos diver style watch would have me visiting a dealer for one of each.

Trying to think of something that would attract the label “myth” from them. Came up with this one - a one off LHD sub that they made on request for a leftie in the (French?) navy. still think it will be a 39mm red sub tho

Master

I thought Tudor’s repost of someone’s Tudor sub was quite telling this week.

Then today they post this

Sub style bezel, and painted on lume direct to dial. Either they’re trolling us with an old watch sat there or we are getting the sub!

“Not only will we show it exists but we put our own twist on it”

That suggests sub again with the “put our own twist” part. So a watch that’s a brother to another the same but justified with a twist.

I sure hope so just because of all the nay sayers online who speak with such authority like they know. The amount of people I see on IG saying “they’d never do a sub because that’s Rolex and they’d never muddy the water” It’s like they know zero of Tudor’s sub history!
    Last edited by jameswrx; 8th March 2019 at 00:24.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    I wouldike it if Tudor dropped the coin edge bezel, I much prefer the Rolex style serrated teeth. Otherwise it would be a shame if Tudor adopted Mercedes hands again when the snow flake ones are much more unique.
    I love the coin edge bezels.

I thought Tudor’s repost of someone’s Tudor sub was quite telling this week.

Then today they post this

Sub style bezel, and painted on lume direct to dial. Either they’re trolling us with an old watch sat there or we are getting the sub!

“Not only will we show it exists but we put our own twist on it”

That suggests sub again with the “put our own twist” part. So a watch that’s a brother to another the same but justified with a twist.

I sure hope so just because of all the nay sayers online who speak with such authority like they know. The amount of people I see on IG saying “they’d never do a sub because that’s Rolex and they’d never muddy the water” It’s like they know zero of Tudor’s sub history!
    Significant omission is hand style. It could make or break it. Lollipop would work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Significant omission is hand style. It could make or break it. Lollipop would work for me.
    If I had to guess, I’d say lollipop rather than Mercedes in order to keep a bit of distance between Tudor and Rolex designs.

To me, that looks just like another version of the current Black Bay line (same minute hand); maybe with a different colour bezel.

No way is that a re-born Tudor submariner.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    To me, that looks just like another version of the current Black Bay line (same minute hand); maybe with a different colour bezel.

The depth of the inside of the case looks to deep to be a 58 alternative and the bezel looks to have far bigger teeth than a BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    The depth of the inside of the case looks to deep to be a 58 alternative and the bezel looks to have far bigger teeth than a BB.
    I get your point but me thinks it’s an optical illusion! 🤓

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    I love the coin edge bezels.
    Me too, it's one of the reasons I want the BB58 so much.

Craftsman
    A new thinner Pelagos with date at 6, display back, a GMT version and in 12 different colours.

That would surprise me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    That site does this every year and speculate some on possibly new model updates etc. They normally get it wrong but occasionally they get lucky and like to take credit that they brought it to the Watch community first.

Anything they say should not be taken seriously.
    Really? They 'called' the SeaDweller 50th and the Pepsi/Jubilee perfectly!

Master
    They could do many things with a sub that are their 'twist' / not exactly head to head with big brother. If it's a sub the painted dial implies heritage so a non maxi case. It might be given a modern twist by sizing at 42mm, snow flake hands. That is perhaps now likely to compete with the 'bay than with big brother's sub

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post

You’re seeing a bb bezel? Should have gone to spec...

Another “no way” too, I still don’t get why people say this with such conviction given the history. It’s almost like Tudor never made a Submariner in 1954 for 45 years alongside the Rolex sub!

It’s a sub style bezel for sure and the lume is painted on the dial. Now whether that watch in the pic is the new sub or a vintage sub they’re trolling us with (this is quite likely) I don’t know but it certainly isn’t a bb bezel. Would they mod the no crown guard, bb case with a sub bezel? I really don’t think so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    They could do many things with a sub that are their 'twist' / not exactly head to head with big brother. If it's a sub the painted dial implies heritage so a non maxi case. It might be given a modern twist by sizing at 42mm, snow flake hands. That is perhaps now likely to compete with the 'bay than with big brother's sub
    I’m still interested in the thought some have that they wouldn’t compete with their big brother? The sub is ceramic and modern and a sub Tudor would have an old style case, different hands, alloy bezel insert and lume on dial. I could understand if Tudor produced an exact copy of the maxi case Rolex sub but with the Tudor dial, in fact if you think about it the older subs were way closer than this potential new Tudor would be to the current Rolex sub.

I read it often on here and TRF, people saying Tudor are a poor mans Rolex. To some Tudor cannot compete at all, it wouldn’t matter if they produced a better watch that was almost identical it’s not got the name that some people can’t see past.

You’re seeing a bb bezel? Should have gone to spec...

Another “no way” too, I still don’t get why people say this with such conviction given the history. It’s almost like Tudor never made a Submariner in 1954 for 45 years alongside the Rolex sub!

It’s a sub style bezel for sure and the lume is painted on the dial. Now whether that watch in the pic is the new sub or a vintage sub they’re trolling us with (this is quite likely) I don’t know but it certainly isn’t a bb bezel. Would they mod the no crown guard, bb case with a sub bezel? I really don’t think so.
    It’s a sub bezel but to my eyes it’s a black bay 41 rehault. Lot of height to that rehault. Grabbed my BBR and BB58 to show rehault difference and whatever they produce this year - this one looks to be 41mm which would be a missed opportunity I think. Since the first teaser I thought a red bezel sub but in a bb58 case. Now I’m thinking a sub version of the BBR

One thing’s for sure - Tudor teasers add something to the Basel hype. Would be nice if other brands also did this guessing game - maybe they do? Not seen any

Master
    If they put a sub bezel on a 41mm bb case the hype will backfire on social media that’s for sure. Will look like a dogs dinner.

I’m sure it’ll be something rubbish like that to disappoint us.

If they put a sub bezel on a 41mm bb case the hype will backfire on social media that’s for sure. Will look like a dogs dinner.

I hope so.

Well my bank balance hopes so at least.

I read it often on here and TRF, people saying Tudor are a poor mans Rolex.
    I think they're becoming the thinking man's Rolex. Moving into the space of affordable, high quality, unpretentious tool watches Rolex occupied for decades but have now vacated.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I think they're becoming the thinking man's Rolex. Moving into the space of affordable, high quality, unpretentious tool watches Rolex occupied for decades but have now vacated.
    Rolex, for affluent middle class people who dream of luxury; Tudor for affluent middle class people who dream of honest earthy labour. Different dreams, same principle.

Master

Indeed. It would appear to be a wasted opportunity given the acclaim the BB58 case has received. They may (must?) have other uses for the case for release this year but I won’t be putting my name down it there’s a Sub release in the 41 case.
    The antiicipation is exciting though!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman

+ 1

I will go along with that. I have a black bay with burgundy dial and I love it. Would like to see Rolex green face with matching ceramic bezel.
    Regards Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paul staines View Post
    I will go along with that. I have a black bay with burgundy dial and I love it. Would like to see Rolex green face with matching ceramic bezel.
    Regards Paul
    You want a ceramic bezel Tudor? I really hope they don’t go that route! It’s one of the worst things about modern Rolex IMO, looks like plastic and never ages.

The really interesting thing is that there seems to be a real buzz about them at the moment.
    Genuine anticipation by quite a lot of people
    There are many things in their favour

Tudor have a very enviable back catalogue to rifle through
    They seem much more inclined to do so now
    Rolex have moved their sports range so far out of price and availability reach from the average watch customer that Tudor must be benefitting
    And they have a design department that does seem to understand what is going to be popular.

There are loads of different possibilities of watches here that would all prove popular, when only considering modular combinations of what is already out.
    Be that a Pelagos GMT, Pelagos 58, different coloured 58s, GMT 58, Heritage chrono using the new movement, colour combinationd of all of them etc etc etc.

If you add in the sub potential and big block potential, I think you really have brand that can take a big market share.

Dave