closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 383

Thread: What will Tudor surprise us with at BASEL 2019

  1. #51
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    779
    What would open my wallet would be a refresh if the Ranger to something resembling the 7966 date as below enabled by the BB58 movement.


  2. #52
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    14

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Apparently Tudor will change its name the ĎRolexí, so all the dials will be new. Rolex is going to change its name to ĎGrand Rolexí. You heard it here first...

  3. #53
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    980
    I would love a GMT in the 58 case but canít see it for a couple of years. Interested to see what they bring out.

  4. #54
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    102
    As others have said, I'd love a 58 GMT or maybe an update to the 36.

  5. #55
    A (red writing) Ranger II, and some sports models without snow flake hands would see some of my cash.
    It's just a matter of time...

  6. #56
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    298
    A date complication for the BB 36. The blue dial is lovely.

    Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

  7. #57
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Guzz
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by jonyd View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Apparently Tudor will change its name the ‘Rolex’, so all the dials will be new. Rolex is going to change its name to ‘Grand Rolex’. You heard it here first...



    Ernie in Plymouth

  8. #58
    Would love to see the GMT with a silver or white dial, sort of a Pan Am with snowflake hands!

  9. #59
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,473
    Can't see them doing anything with the gmt or 58 line. They're only a year old, plenty of life before needing a revamp.

    Pelagos update (gmt?) and/or heritage Chrono update.

  10. #60
    Without coming across as a noob, when Basel 2019 happen?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  11. #61
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Without coming across as a noob, when Basel 2019 happen?

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    21-26 March

  12. #62
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    497
    It would be great to see a smaller version of the Pelagos one day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    A date would ruin the Rangers dial IMHO

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

  14. #64
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Felixstowe, UK
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    A date would ruin the Rangers dial IMHO

    Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Agreed. Same for the BB36/41.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  15. #65
    Craftsman hoopsontoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Uk
    Posts
    625
    A thinner and slightly smaller North Flag

  16. #66
    Craftsman hoopsontoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Uk
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostgear View Post
    What would open my wallet would be a refresh if the Ranger to something resembling the 7966 date as below enabled by the BB58 movement.

    YES!

  17. #67
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    1,045
    A blue dial blue bezel 58 please

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    ...

    Pelagos update (gmt?) and/or heritage Chrono update.

    I think this is possible as well... a slight design tweak perhaps, and the use of the Brietling/Tudor integrated chronograph rather than the current ETA modular one.

    A 36mm Ranger would be great.

  19. #69
    Master Rocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostgear View Post
    What would open my wallet would be a refresh if the Ranger to something resembling the 7966 date as below enabled by the BB58 movement.

    Yep, that looks like it would be a winner!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  20. #70
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New York, London, Dubai
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by watchingyou View Post
    Has to be a GMT 58 (39mm)!!!! at the same price point as bb58. If they charge much more other brands start to look more appealing
    Oh man I hope this happens.
    Blue & black bezel to coincide with Rolex BLNR discontinuation maybe?

  21. #71
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    Oh man I hope this happens.
    Blue & black bezel to coincide with Rolex BLNR discontinuation maybe?
    I'd certainly be putting my name down for one of those!

  22. #72
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I'd certainly be putting my name down for one of those!
    The whole watch world would be!

  23. #73
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,710

    If they produce a 39mm version of the gmt already Iíll eat my hat.

    I canít see a smaller Pelagos either, thatís the professional level tool divers watch of the line up and I really canít see that being shrunk down for the desk divers.

    In reality itíll just be different colours for the BB58.

    I said it before but (this would cover the ďshrink the Pelagos brigadeĒ) what they need to do is produce a 40mm snowflake Submariner. Iíd be selling my Pelagos for that!

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    Oh man I hope this happens.
    Blue & black bezel to coincide with Rolex BLNR discontinuation maybe?
    It's not been discontinued! There are thousands on waiting lists.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    If they produce a 39mm version of the gmt already Iíll eat my hat.

    I canít see a smaller Pelagos either, thatís the professional level tool divers watch of the line up and I really canít see that being shrunk down for the desk divers.

    In reality itíll just be different colours for the BB58.

    I said it before but (this would cover the ďshrink the Pelagos brigadeĒ) what they need to do is produce a 40mm snowflake Submariner. Iíd be selling my Pelagos for that!
    I really hope they bring back the Tudor sub!

    Where would that fit into their current lineup though?

  26. #76
    Craftsman Pistolpete21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    273
    Iíd love to see a new ranger, there is enough black bays already.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    I really hope they bring back the Tudor sub!

    Where would that fit into their current lineup though?
    Maybe it would fit very nicely in a Non-Heritage range :)
    It's just a matter of time...

  28. #78
    Craftsman JPE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    488
    Check this video out (at 14 seconds).

    https://www.tudorwatch.com/2019-wish...KlWZ8VFciTbnYE



    Does this mean the Submariner classic case will make a return, huh?

  29. #79
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    102
    If they did I'd be poorer, that's for sure!

  30. #80
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,710
    Iím sure people will be happy if that variant does and Iím sure it will now with the inclusion in the video but itís a shame itís the merc hand version IMO.

    Guess Iíll be waiting til 2020 for the snowflake sub. Iím surprised they didnít go with the snowflake though given itís huge value increase in the last couple of years. The merc hand sub is a bit more low key and less valuable, youíd think theyíd be all over a snowflake version cash cow.

  31. #81
    The snowflake is a vintage/heritage look. Tudor need to look to the future, with some elements of DNA from the past.

    Personally, I have enough snowflake hand Tudors to last me. So I'm very much looking forward to straight or Mercedes hand dive models!
    It's just a matter of time...

  32. #82
    Craftsman WHL1882's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    369
    Maybe Tudor will discontinue some of the current black bays?

  33. #83
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    2,909
    A Rolex sports model you can actually buy :)

  34. #84
    Craftsman WHL1882's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    A Rolex sports model you can actually buy :)
    Absolutely! 👍

  35. #85
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,710

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    The snowflake is a vintage/heritage look. Tudor need to look to the future, with some elements of DNA from the past.

    Personally, I have enough snowflake hand Tudors to last me. So I'm very much looking forward to straight or Mercedes hand dive models!
    That particular sub isn’t looking to the future, it’s still an old model they’d be reproducing. It’s purely a selfish choice that I’d prefer the snowflake. Merc hands are Rolex and I don’t particularly like the dial markers. Like them or loathe them snowflake details are very much Tudor, if I wanted a merc handed Rolex copy there’s a million and one to choose from.

    Best bit about Tudor is they produce watches which don’t look too much to the future. Rolex are the ones that do that, I don’t aspire to own any modern Rolex and it’d be a sad day for me if Tudor decided to look to the future too much.

    Either way it’s still an interesting watch and it’s great lovers of that model will get to buy one at decent money.

    I just love the blue snowflake and to be able to buy one at circa £2500 would be so good. The vintage ones are wildly out of control.

  36. #86
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Vale of Glamorgan
    Posts
    416
    If my memory serves correctly Tudor have posted pictures of this prototype sub before. I can't find the original link now, but a quick google search links to the following reddit page:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/com...dor_prototype/

    I would be surprised if Tudor do a close re-release. My guess would be adding colour options to the BB58.

  37. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    If my memory serves correctly Tudor have posted pictures of this prototype sub before. I can't find the original link now, but a quick google search links to the following reddit page:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/com...dor_prototype/

    I would be surprised if Tudor do a close re-release. My guess would be adding colour options to the BB58.
    Red bezel BB58 with a date perhaps - without the cyclops because thatís very much a Rolex design signature now.

  38. #88

    The Tudor designer mentioned something special was coming this year...

    in a video I watched before about 2018 releases, he said at the end that his favourite was coming in 2019! Perhaps it's a sub? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjcEVJvYg_8

  39. #89
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Guzz
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    Check this video out (at 14 seconds).

    https://www.tudorwatch.com/2019-wish...KlWZ8VFciTbnYE



    Does this mean the Submariner classic case will make a return, huh?
    lovely..what a beauty..

    Ernie in Plymouth

  40. #90
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,710

    Instagram post from Tudor this morning (see what they wrote below pic), I’m still hopeful...

    Note the #snowflake50


  41. #91
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Vale of Glamorgan
    Posts
    416
    #snowflake50 would seem to indicate that whatever is coming will feature snowflake hands (no mercedes).

  42. #92
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,710
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    #snowflake50 would seem to indicate that whatever is coming will feature snowflake hands (no mercedes).
    Indeed. I just hope itís the dial and hands and theyíre making a snowflake sub.

  43. #93
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Felixstowe, UK
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Indeed. I just hope itís the dial and hands and theyíre making a snowflake sub.
    Iíd be happy with a blue BB58 but it may be too early for that


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  44. #94
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,090
    I like the look of these Tudors a lot! I hope they keep the case thickness around 11mm and some sort of microadjust on the bracelet and it will be a winner for sure.

  45. #95
    Master mrwozza70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Essex, London, UK
    Posts
    1,681
    Maybe some kind of BB 'limited or 'special' with another variation of dial/insert. Maybe another date model? Hopefully with the under bevels on the mid-case as per the GMT - this makes quite a difference in look and (subjectively) feel.

    Genius

  46. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    I like the look of these Tudors a lot! I hope they keep the case thickness around 11mm and some sort of microadjust on the bracelet and it will be a winner for sure.
    Thinner cases and micro adjustment would be great. They have a lot of potential in their back catalogue, but I do think they need another current diver watch, rather than heritage, alongside their Pelagos. Otherwise it's a little like the Moon Watch. That said, Omega seem to be milking and benefiting from that marketing extravaganza quite well.
    It's just a matter of time...

  47. #97
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Vale of Glamorgan
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Indeed. I just hope itís the dial and hands and theyíre making a snowflake sub.
    Can't help thinking that a sub would be too close in design to the BB58, especially as it was only released last year. Possibly we'll see a BB58 with different colours and/or square markers. That said, I bought a 58, so a sub is probably on its way.

  48. #98
    Master sweets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol - UK
    Posts
    3,675
    I think that they have made a rod for their own back, with the BB getting (and keeping) round indices, and the Pelagos keeping the square indices.
    Perhaps there will be a mini Pelagos (ie smaller than the current model but modern). But I cannot see them issuing retro (ie BB range) sub with square indices, it will blur their model lines too much.
    But a Pelagos 58 would still be great.
    Dave

  49. #99
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,710
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    Can't help thinking that a sub would be too close in design to the BB58, especially as it was only released last year. Possibly we'll see a BB58 with different colours and/or square markers. That said, I bought a 58, so a sub is probably on its way.
    It could be pure 80ís sub case and that wouldnít be like a BB58 really. I think Tudor would clear up if they produced a crown guard, 40mm sub case again.

  50. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I think that they have made a rod for their own back, with the BB getting (and keeping) round indices, and the Pelagos keeping the square indices.
    Perhaps there will be a mini Pelagos (ie smaller than the current model but modern). But I cannot see them issuing retro (ie BB range) sub with square indices, it will blur their model lines too much.
    But a Pelagos 58 would still be great.
    Dave
    No reason why Tudor couldn't do a true limited edition though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •