closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What will Tudor surprise us with at BASEL 2019

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Well Tudor and Rolex a complete flop this year? Who'd have thought it? As others have said Tudor was definitely on the up but now maybe that star is starting to fade?
    Do we think they will realise their mistakes,when there is no clamour to get on the new "list "?
    Personally I hope so they have had it good for too long maybe this debacle could be good for all of us in the long run? Or are we a small minority that shout in the dark and nobody needs to listen to us

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    He who pays the piper calls the tune !
    Well except with Rolex and Tudor , but we shall see . I suspect there are meetings going on behind closed doors on the feed back so far as we digest this years offerings .
    It feels like the day after Christmas when I was a kid !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Although I am liking this a lot

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Looks fine but I bet it’s about 45mm big

Master
    Just caught up with this thread, and oh my....

As a Tudor fan, I was hoping for something interesting again this year, but that PO1 is a horrible mess.

Even more worryingly, the name suggests that there might one day be a PO2, perish the thought...

Everytime I look at it I like it more. I've always liked Tudor but they've also always been a tiny bit dull. Not any more! I love the design and I love how they've upset so many fanboys by not just releasing a few more Black Bays in different colour combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    From Hodinkee - wow those lugs!

There is no God!

Craftsman
    Very disappointing, makes last years GMT & BB58 look even better..

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Everytime I look at it I like it more. I've always liked Tudor but they've also always been a tiny bit dull. Not any more! I love the design and I love how they've upset so many fanboys by not just releasing a few more Black Bays in different colour combinations.
    Give us a BB58 GMT or give us death.

Craftsman
    Agreed with most that PO1 is horrid. The theme in 2019 is two-tone of the same watches from 2018 for both Rolex and Tudor. I think that is a cynical move to up the prices.

You can almost imagine this from the AD: "Oh the steel models you want from 2018 are still not available I am afraid but the new TT versions of 2019 are. They are more expensive of course because, ya know, the gold!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Just caught up with this thread, and oh my....

As a Tudor fan, I was hoping for something interesting again this year, but that PO1 is a horrible mess.

Even more worryingly, the name suggests that there might one day be a PO2, perish the thought...
    PO2 bring it on

Looking forward to the YG TT version of this next year

Crazy bezel locking mechanism for an unlumed 12hr bezel on a dive watch.

Surely an elaborate joke.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Real poor show from Tudor this year.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Well that wasn’t worth the wait. I wonder if the PO1 will be used as a stepping stone to releases in future years. I guess the current lineup is selling well enough so why change a winning formula or even cannibalise your own sales with a sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallang View Post
    Oh, and also get rid of the stupid extended crown tube that is pure form with no function.
    This has always been the showstopper for me .... it just looks like someone has left the crown sticking out after winding it or setting the time ... looks daft, and I personally am unable to "unsee" it .. which is a shame as I like the BB36 otherwise.

Now, as for the new range, it's like they outsourced design to Lady Gaga or Beckham LOL. Deary me ...

Master

+1

I love the whole package.

I suspect the costs of the tooling etc required to male the PO1 won’t have been cheap, so I doubt Tudor will drop it quickly.

Tudor do have some lovely watches but they also produce a lot of models that must have limited appeal I.e. Fastrider, Ranger, Style, Glamour, Classic, 1926 etc. Not all bad looking watches but I doubt they sell many of them.

I believe that the USMC rejected the Tudor PO1. I don’t see the new version being treated any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post

Tudor do have some lovely watches but they also produce a lot of models that must have limited appeal I.e. Fastrider, Ranger, Style, Glamour, Classic, 1926 etc. Not all bad looking watches but I doubt they sell many of them.

I think they sell quite a number of the non-sports watches in Asia.

Not quite sure the order of events but this was the Tudor original prototype from 1968 but then Rolex 1690 in 1982

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Not quite sure the order of events but this was the Tudor original prototype from 1968 but then Rolex 1690 in 1982
    The Rolex was a fake

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    The Rolex was a fake

That explains it

I think it's good Tudor are experimenting with looks, Rolex would obviously never do anything like that. However this one for me doesn't do it. I especially don't like the strap and the way it looks on the watch, the case is ok, and I find the bezel mechanism a solution to a problem that has already been solved much better with the current bezels we have on watches (and more pleasing to the eye too)

To be fair to Tudor there's not a huge amount you can do to a watch that's different and interesting but still wearable and appealing to most people, the more unusual and adventurous the design the smaller the group of people who will like it.

Jason Heaton PO1 wrist shot

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvRJ-B8HowU/

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Jason Heaton PO1 wrist shot

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvRJ-B8HowU/
    Looks plain silly. He's got a decent size wrist, look at the lugs/overhang.

Good job he doesn't work for an organization sponsored by Tudor.......

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Was offered an invite to a Tudor event showcasing their Baselworld watches yesterday. I said yes and the in store Brand Ambassador (I was buying a Speedmaster) was thinking there might be something along the lines of a Daytona or Sub. I suspect she will be a little disappointed; and I could have been tempted by one. But not these; God no

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    I think they sell quite a number of the non-sports watches in Asia.
    Good point. It would be interesting to see what sales are per model, worldwide for the last year or two.

Journeyman
    I've been pondering Tudor's releases and my hypothesis is as follows.

I think they have been holding out on offering more BB58 variants as they know there are still many more willing customers for the original iteration that they haven't yet been able to supply. When they give us the BB58 GMT or some other desirable variant, many owners of the original will be willing to upgrade, but fewer would want to go and buy the original if they are able to get hold of a more interesting variant first.

Also, given last year's issues with the GMT movement, they might be showing a little more prudence with regards their newer movements, opting to give the smaller/slimmer movement in the 58 another year to prove itself reliable in real-world use. I wouldn't discount some ongoing manufacture/supply disruption on the movement side of things, either, after the GMT debacle. This year's releases are all outsourced movements with the exception of the BBBronze and P01, neither of which are likely to be volume products.

I hope some interviews might emerge from Basel to shed a bit more light on the situation.

Master

Smile

I don’t mind the p01 in a ‘having a look at it off a collectors wrist & hearing the story’ kind of way, what I don’t see is the mass market appeal and the fact it’s not a ltd edition. Remember, there’s more people that don’t frequent forums and Instagram dreaming of the new sub! How’s it going to get on sat in your local goldsmiths window?

Even the majority of WIS’ online don’t know the back story and hate it, imagine what dangerous dave’s going to think when the Rolex AD is trying to steer him to the sister brand they do have in stock when he goes in wanting a ‘Rollie’

I can only hold hope for a Tudor snowflake sub in the future maybe. I think the fact that Tudor didn’t even fit Mercedes hands on the p01 says a lot and the chances of getting a sub do look slim given that fact alone! But a full snowflake may be different enough...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Although I am liking this a lot

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I do too. But is that a reflection or just some weird line going through the 0 in the 50 minute digit on the bezel?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    .....the fact it’s not a ltd edition...
    It will be for sure. :))))