closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It makes my blood boil!!!!!!!

Craftsman

It makes my blood boil!!!!!!!

I need to vent on this.

How much does this p**s you right off. Feeling the winter blues so had a look on Cheekytrip to see what last minute getaways are around.

Found a 7 night to Portugal in January, really good price. Ring them up and quote the reference. Yes sir that is £x as stated and there is availability, would you like to book? Just to clarify, I ask is there any extras or fees. No sir, everything is included, flight, hotel and booking fees. Only thing that isn't included is transfers. That's ok I'm going to hire a car.

Go through all the rigmarole of names, addresses, details, card numbers etc. That will be a total of £Y (which is 70% more than I was told). Whoa hold on there matey- why is it now 70% more expensive when you said everything is included? That's because there is an admin fee payable to the airline and an admin fee payable to the hotel provider. But you said there was nothing more to pay. That's right sir, we don't charge booking fees but the airline and hotel provider charge admin fees, I assure you we are not making any money out of it.

Why did you not tell me the total price when we started and why is it advertised at one price when it clearly isn't that price but 70% more. Would you buy a shirt in a shop only to be told at the checkout that it is actually another 70% because you have to pay an admin charge to the supplier and the transport company.

Why oh why do they do this, just tell me the blooming price up front and we can all save some time. And while I'm in ranty mode why do airlines think I will be wearing the same clothes for a week and if I want to take a change of clothes I have to pay more for the dam bag then it costs to take me. It would be cheaper to book another seat and put the bag on it!!!!!

Ok rant over, carry on.

Neil

Craftsman
    I wonder if you would get away with booking a second seat "for my mate Bag"
    Bag doesn't need a passport because he is only 1 week old.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by barreti View Post
    That is class

On the plus side you could buy a Rolex when you’re there.

I sympathise with you Neil - I actually have a travel startup and our big USP is ensuring the consumer takes back the power from all this nonsense so that they can buy a last minute break within their budget. Shameless plug - www.takemeaway.io to find details about our app.

We work with Skyscanner for flights and Booking.com for hotels. What they return to us has to be the amount including admin fees, though unfortunately in this era where you now pretty much always have to pay for baggage with the likes of Ryan Air, ad ons are inevitable.

We try to limit caching the information to keep it as real time as possible but they keep changing their pricing so it can be difficult to keep up. We're doing ok so far and hope to keep it up. Our next step is to have a customised easy payment system so you can make the whole booking a bit easier and stress free (in theory....). At the moment you still have to go through the steps on each site to book. Hopefully this is implemented in Q1 next year and we can take another step of frustration out of the whole holiday booking process!

It’s the deception that really gets to us, and it’s done on purpose hoping by the time we get to pay we just say sod it, go on then.

That's why I prefer book online and not over the phone hence to take a sales person out of the equation.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Well, the big question is whether you booked it or told them to shove it..?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Like VDG said probably best to book online.

Teletext used to be brilliant back in the day. Quick quick press pause....Aaaagghhh missed the page, need to wait another 20mins to get through the other 30odd pages. The other way to tackle it was to sit with your pen and paper and try write all the details before it went to the next page.... What's the number quick qui......Aaaagghhh it's gone. Used to be fun while having a shandy.
    Last edited by sprite1275; 17th December 2018 at 21:12.

Journeyman
    I had this a few years ago with Teletext holidays, it wasn't them was it? What irked me was that I had given all my details bar credit card details before they end up giving me the final price... I really do not like this way of doing things and think it is a con or just a ploy to be able to grab your details and then sell them on to other companies...

needless to say I have not used them or looked at there website since. Lost me as a perspective customer at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Teletext used to be brilliant back in the day.
    `Allocation on arrival` would make it even more exiting!

The transfer coach of shame when you get off outside your dingy, backstreet, low-rent hotel 6 miles from the nearest beach.

Happy daze..

Quote Originally Posted by barreti View Post
    A little anecdote:

A friend of mine is a diplomat and whenever she flies off to foreign lands she is expected to carry the diplomatic bag. If the bag is too heavy for the overhead lockers then it is indeed bought a seat (in business class, natch). On a BA flight, having got up at crack of sparrow fart to head off for queen and country, when the hostie appeared with the rather scanty breakfast victuals my friend asked for two; 'Ah no' said the hostie, 'we only load an exacty amount of breakfasts for the number of pax on the manifest'.

^^^^. I've had dive kit accompany me in a paid seat on several occasions, one time it even got it's own visa application form.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    `Allocation on arrival` would make it even more exiting!

The transfer coach of shame when you get off outside your dingy, backstreet, low-rent hotel 6 miles from the nearest beach.

Happy daze..
    I did a few ‘allocated on arrival ‘ holidays and never had a bad one! Excellent value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    A little anecdote:

A friend of mine is a diplomat and whenever she flies off to foreign lands she is expected to carry the diplomatic bag. If the bag is too heavy for the overhead lockers then it is indeed bought a seat (in business class, natch). On a BA flight, having got up at crack of sparrow fart to head off for queen and country, when the hostie appeared with the rather scanty breakfast victuals my friend asked for two; 'Ah no' said the hostie, 'we only load an exacty amount of breakfasts for the number of pax on the manifest'.
    So what happens if they drop/squash/burn one, does someone go hungry? ;)

/In the interest of full disclosure I must state that I've been offered an extra sandwich, dessert etc on quite a few occasions.

Probably because they wanted me to shut up /
    Fas est ab hoste doceri