Master

Is this true?

World really is going mad if it is.
    https://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyl...698e40a6dd5268

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    World really is going mad if it is.
    https://www.perthnow.com.au/lifestyl...698e40a6dd5268
    Something else to blame on the EU?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Originating from the Sun & the Daily Mail and you ask if it's true?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

No it's hoden. That one really is fake.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    I was sent the link from a friend in Perth. I’m pretty sure we have members on here who live in the area who could substantiate. Hence the question.

I think you need to stop reading the internet.

Journeyman
    It's on the Internet. Ergo it must be true... :-) Mind you, I like the idea of bins in the toilets for period products: somewhere to keep the likes of Gove, Johnson and Rees-Mogg.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I think you need to stop reading the internet.
    Read the post just one above yours. I was sent the article by a friend who lives in Perth. I didn’t find it.

A couple of months ago I spoke to a Bulgarian chap who came to fix our boiler who said that now his twins are of the school age his Mrs is moving back to Bulgaria to raise them there as they do not want them to be subjected to the UK education system. I thought he was pulling my leg, but after reading something like this you understand why normal people are reluctant to raise children in this country.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Perhaps we will have a increase of boys being taken to the doctor with anxiety as their period hasn’t started yet.
    Cheers..
    Jase

R
    https://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk...PackPublic.pdf

Fake news from the fake council.
    Last edited by VDG; 18th December 2018 at 01:01.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    No way that a city council / local council can dictate a school's curriculum here in NL. Perhaps producing educational newsletters about local history etc. But that's it. Even the so-called Public Schools are totally autonomous; they only have to meet national standards for maths, languages etc.

The so-called PISA test shows the difference between countries. In Finland, the government has handed back all sorts of curriculums, tests etc back to the teachers. We discussed that before here on TZ-UK. Lots of traps and tricks about that. But, in general, the results of that project are very, very positive compared with other European countries! (I only found a Dutch version of the PISA, search for an English version for the latest results)

M

Better information, better understanding: a good initiative, thanks for drawing attention to it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Better information, better understanding: a good initiative, thanks for drawing attention to it.

R
    Indeed.

The geniuses trotting out the 'it's in the Sun/on the internet so must be fake' line must be feeling pretty foolish though.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    No way that a city council / local council can dictate a school's curriculum here in NL. Perhaps producing educational newsletters about local history etc. But that's it. Even the so-called Public Schools are totally autonomous; they only have to meet national standards for maths, languages etc.

The so-called PISA test shows the difference between countries. In Finland, the government has handed back all sorts of curriculums, tests etc back to the teachers. We discussed that before here on TZ-UK. Lots of traps and tricks about that. But, in general, the results of that project are very, very positive compared with other European countries! (I only found a Dutch version of the PISA, search for an English version for the latest results)

M
    Dutch high schools are significantly better than the UK. Most state schools in the UK wouldn't even be up to an acceptable middle skill level school in NL. Sad but true.