closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos service experience

Journeyman

Nomos service experience

Recently, a bit less that a year into the ownership of my Nomos Weltzeit, I noticed something peculiar: one of the hands was a bit bent. It was not super obvious but once I saw it I couldn't unsee it and it was bothering me quit a bit so I decided to contact Nomos service, mostly curious as to how it could happen.

Well, within a couple of days they had arranged a courier to come and collect it from me and take it back for a check since they were a bit stumped as well as to how this can be caused. One of their watch makers opened it up when it got there and he told me that there were dust specs in the watch and there was indication that the watch was has been dropped or banged somehow (which was news to me but possible since I don't have the watch on me 24/7).

To their credit, they went ahead with a full repair of the watch and replacement of the bent hand for free (goodwill).

Three weeks after first contacting them, I have my watch back and it looks brand new so they have one very happy customer.

Great result - contrasts nicely to some of the recent chat about Grand Seiko service centre....

Journeyman
    It is so nice to have a good news story for a change. Thanks for taking the trouble to post this.

Journeyman
    Positive stories like this get read by hundreds of watch enthusiast, it really does reinforce a brand far more than any amount of advertising, amazed that so many companies do not seem to grasp this, and I am not just talking about watches,

Bravo Nomos

Scottie

Master
    Yes, compare and contrast with the attitude of Seiko/Grand Seiko. Companies that behave with generosity deserve to do well. Service in parts of the industry is surprisingly indifferent. Very short sighted.

Master
    Nomos do seem like a great brand to deal with. I will have one again at some point im sure.

Nice watch!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

I had a similar problem with my Tangente, a minor imperfection on one of the hands where it was creased.

They arranged collection via DHL and it went back to Germany and got a new hand. All done under warranty and zero cost or inconvenience to me, all I did was email them.

I've since sold the watch, but nonetheless their customer service under warranty is the best I've seen and completely unexpected at the price point.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Really must get around to trying a Nomos at some point
    Nice things and good service backup by the sounds of it!

Craftsman
    Sounds more like a bad watchmaker leaving dust specs and a bent hand, rather than damage caused by an impact to me. Glad they rectified the situation, of course.