closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VC Overseas 42042 (Gen 1)

Craftsman

VC Overseas 42042 (Gen 1)

Anyone have any experience with this model? I'm wondering how it wears, given it's a 37mm model and I normally wear a Black Bay 41.

Is the GP movement reliable? I can't imagine servicing is cheap...

Master
    It wears relatively large for a 37mm watch due to the integrated bracelet, however if you’re used to 41mm you will certainly notice the difference. It would be worth trying something you can more easily find that’s in that range more or less, such a 36mm Rolex oyster perpetual and a 38mm Omega Aqua Terra. If you think those are too small then it’s probably not for you. Then again this is a watch with an integrated bracelet, and you shouldn’t be expecting the watch head alone to fill your wrist, there should be some bracelet framing it. You should also be aware that it’s an extremely thin watch, so you will have to like the ultra thin style common to certain Royal Oaks. I find it a very good fit indeed, but then I have straw-like 6.5” or so wrists.

The movement is based on a GP ebauche but significantly improved by VC to iron out its weakest points, beautifully decorated and with a gold edged rotor added - none of which you will see through the solid case back. It’s a very thin movement but not especially fragile. Servicing is not cheap at around £700 from VC and you should probably budget for a service every five years to be on the safe side.

Last edited by Itsguy; 17th December 2018 at 12:47.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What’s the second hand ball park for one of these?

Craftsman
    Looks amazing tho huh? The flatness is part of the appeal, as is the integrated look . The strap is proportionally a lot wide as it leaves the watch head than my black bay.

Appreciate the feedback! More photos!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Servicing is not cheap at around £700 from VC and you should probably budget for a service every five years to be on the safe side.
    Yes, VC's servicing ain't cheap, but their method - complete disassembly and replacement of all worn parts - means you can use the watch as long as it keeps time, which may well be beyond 5 years.