closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple software corrupted

Apple software corrupted

On the slim chance someone has had this issue....

My lad switched his phone off lastnight and now cant remember his 6 digit code to get back in. He usually uses the fingerprint login but once you've switched off you have to use the code again the first time.
    He tried loads of times and now the upshot is is iPhone is locked.
    So I've connected it to iTunes ok and carrying out the recovery procedure, it starts the download but about half way through there's a message that comes up and says the softwRe is corrupted and try again.

Ive tried again 3 times and it also has the online chat guy baffled at Apple.
    Hes now suggesting go to store which seems like the only option however though I'd just ask here just in case someone's has the same.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m guessing FFF

BUT if he uses iCloud and keychain his passcode ought to be recoverable from there via an external laptop and prompt on iCloud.

Good luck!!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    I’m guessing FFF

BUT if he uses iCloud and keychain his passcode ought to be recoverable from there via an external laptop and prompt on iCloud.

Good luck!!

Jim
    Ive tried everything but the software is still saying corrupted , the main problem as far as I can see is that as a platform itunes is virtually unusable.
    Nothing is straightforward and everything seems so very long winded and unnecessary.

If you have an icloud or regular backup.

download latest ios (there are plenty of sites that offer direct links to apple servers)
    put phone in DFU
    connect phone to computer, cmd+click (so you get update option, not upgrade) and select your downloaded ios file
    wait for phone to update

I am writing this from memory, you might want to google how to update ios dfu mode or smth similar to get detailed step by step instructions.

Are you using a Mac or aPC?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    That sometimes happens if the iOS vs is higher than the iTunes. I would make sure iTunes is updated, then running the recovery.

Other things can be plugging the iPhone into a USB hub, so make sure it’s plugged directly into the computer.

Slow internet can be one too, if the recovery basically times out before iTunes has finished downloading the iOS version (about 1.5 gb) it can crash out. So if you have slow internet (when I say slow, I actually mean not fibre, so under 12mb download) do it at someone else’s house!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    download latest ios (there are plenty of sites that offer direct links to apple servers)
    put phone in DFU
    connect phone to computer, cmd+click (so you get update option, not upgrade) and select your downloaded ios file
    wait for phone to update
    This does get you over the slow internet thing I mentioned! I think it’s alt and right click if you are on PC not Mac.

Craftsman
    And yes, for the account you can rest your password at iCloud.com

Could be worse......could have forgoten his Bitcoin log in.

Craftsman
    I once sold a iPhone that had been jail broken and then restored back to standard.

Buyer couldn’t activate it with the SIM they had so tried to activate it via iTunes and it bricked the phone. (After ignoring my advice to return it)

Searched and a few people had same thing happen but only with previously jail broken phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk