closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega PO, Tudor Black Bay or X33 ?

Omega PO, Tudor Black Bay or X33 ?

I have had a fancy for all three of these for sometime now but obviously (to me) I could only afford one if within my budget, pro's and con's which would you go for and why ?

Appearance wise etc they all appeal to me as much.

Buy the PO.

I currently own all three, and if I could only buy one of those three it would be the PO.
    It's just a matter of time...

I’ve owned all three but the only one that remains is the X33, so I guess that would be (was) my pick.

I’m probably in a minority but, to me, it’s just more interesting in every way than the other two. Go for a Gen 2.
    Last edited by hhhh; 14th December 2018 at 15:07.

I know every man and his dog have one, but I would go BB, simply because I would give it the most wear.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    PO would be my choice. Just love the look of them. The BB IMVHO is another Sub clone, plain looking and too heavy and the X33 is not too my taste at all.

Aren’t there quite a wide variety of POs, and certainly Black Bays?

Craftsman
    You can't see it but there is a very nice late 8500 PO on SC at the moment.
    The 8500 has it's detractors but I love mine. At 42mm it's good size, the ceramic bezel is a tactile wonder, great lume and the dial seems bottomless.

Perhaps the seller will drop you a PM.

I'm in the PO camp too. (42mm 8500) At the moment it is my most worn watch. Individual and not a clone.

Master
    Tudor for me.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    You can't see it but there is a very nice late 8500 PO on SC at the moment.
    The 8500 has it's detractors but I love mine. At 42mm it's good size, the ceramic bezel is a tactile wonder, great lume and the dial seems bottomless.

Perhaps the seller will drop you a PM.
    Thanks guys, seems pretty much all three are popular :)

I saw the PO on SC but over budget for me.

I have a Gen3 X33 Skywalker and wear it every day (at night - comfortable, lots of alarms, light so I can see what time my son is waking me up and a timer for my coffee when I get up!), as my holiday/away from home watch and as a watch I wear every few days because it's so nice. All the functionality, the design cues from the 1960s Speedies, the fact it's the current space watch (and is the modern Speedmaster where all the others are clones of the 1960s watches), titanium, perfect proportions and comfort and quartz accuracy. I haven't owned a PO or Black Bay (don't like the design of either) so can't comment there but I'd wanted an X33 Skywalker since it came out and I tried on Ryan's one (2014?), freed up the money to buy one this autumn and won't now be without it. Unlike the PO and Black Bay the Skywalker is a proper tool watch and has a direct history back to the moon watch, i.e. it's not a reissue or homage. History, functionality, that it's a space watch, it has a lot going for it. Depends what you want though!
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    I've had a PO and have a BB, between the two I'd pick the BB.

It wears nicer on my (small wrists) even though it is tall, but the weight of the PO made it less comfortable to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I have a Gen3 X33 Skywalker and wear it every day (at night - comfortable, lots of alarms, light so I can see what time my son is waking me up and a timer for my coffee when I get up!), as my holiday/away from home watch and as a watch I wear every few days because it's so nice. All the functionality, the design cues from the 1960s Speedies, the fact it's the current space watch (and is the modern Speedmaster where all the others are clones of the 1960s watches), titanium, perfect proportions and comfort and quartz accuracy. I haven't owned a PO or Black Bay (don't like the design of either) so can't comment there but I'd wanted an X33 Skywalker since it came out and I tried on Ryan's one (2014?), freed up the money to buy one this autumn and won't now be without it. Unlike the PO and Black Bay the Skywalker is a proper tool watch and has a direct history back to the moon watch, i.e. it's not a reissue or homage. History, functionality, that it's a space watch, it has a lot going for it. Depends what you want though!
    Very much this. In all respects.

Craftsman
    My first proper watch was the first Black Bay to come out in the UK on the distressed strap. I really liked it which is part of the reason that I recently bought a Bucherer Bronze which I like even more due to it being a bit bigger with IMO nicer colouring (in SC for anyone looking for one.)

I also loved my XL Omega PO with the orange bezel due to its size and the colouring. I sometimes miss it and I'd consider another if they still made the orange version.

As for the X33, I don't think I'd buy one but I do think they are pretty cool.

Master
    If you're careful and pick good used examples there's no reason why you couldn't try all three, buying then selling one at a time without losing any money. I'd start with the X-33 as it's the cheapest out of the three, then add a few quid each time you want to swap. In fact I've just described exactly my first few years on this forum..

Thanks, the more I think about it the more I fancy the X33, apart from my vintage watches my daily wearer is a SBDX001 automatic (love it) my "special" watch is a SBGC005 spring drive so the X33 quartz would be the perfect (I think) pick up and go tool watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Thanks, the more I think about it the more I fancy the X33, apart from my vintage watches my daily wearer is a SBDX001 automatic (love it) my "special" watch is a SBGC005 spring drive so the X33 quartz would be the perfect (I think) pick up and go tool watch.
    Good choice!

I sold off a few watches I wasn't wearing and bought three watches I'd wanted for a long time in the X33, Grand Seiko and Flightmaster. The X33 really could be a one-watch solution if ever it came to it but it's different enough to slot into a collection of a few watches.

Duplicate!

Craftsman
    Good choice!

I sold off a few watches I wasn't wearing and bought three watches I'd wanted for a long time in the X33, Grand Seiko and Flightmaster. The X33 really could be a one-watch solution if ever it came to it but it's different enough to slot into a collection of a few watches.

That Flightmaster is lovely!

Good choice!

Thanks (great photo), how long does it stay lit up ? is it difficult to get the digital and analog in sync ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Thanks (great photo), how long does it stay lit up ? is it difficult to get the digital and analog in sync ?
    Only five or so seconds, long enough.

I don't know about syncing analogue and digital, when you turn on the light the seconds hand freezes, so while it is in sync it just doesn't look it in that picture.
    Last edited by Foxy100; 14th December 2018 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    That Flightmaster is lovely!
    Yes, I can't wait to see it again at some point hopefully...

X-33 , personally I prefer gen1/2 - fantastic unique watches, since I got mine a few weeks ago, it has become my daily watch, I may start moving on the majority of collection.

Quote Originally Posted by futon river crossing View Post
    X-33 , personally I prefer gen1/2 - fantastic unique watches, since I got mine a few weeks ago, it has become my daily watch, I may start moving on the majority of collection.
    I think I prefer the bezel on the mk3, the hunt now starts :)

Journeyman

Omega PO, Tudor Black Bay or X33 ?

I own the PO Good Planet and the X-33 , and could not leave one of them, so Imo the black bay is the one to leave ;)

As it has already been said , the X33 is the most versatile among those 3.

Last edited by sidh; 16th December 2018 at 10:51.

Quote Originally Posted by sidh View Post
    I own the PO Good Planet and the X-33 , and could not leave one of them, so Imo the black bay is the one to leave ;)

As it has already been said , the X33 is the most versatile among those 3.

Thats a great looking pair you have there as the Bishop said to the actress :)