closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone getting strange diverts or messages via this site?

Master

Anyone getting strange diverts or messages via this site?

Hi

Noticed over the last week or so that when browsing TZ-UK, I get strange messages or the tab changes to one telling me that I have a Trojan etc. Anyone else getting this sort of behaviour whilst using this site?

Cheers

Craftsman
    I have had this on several occasions..... some pop up comes on and tells me i have won this, got that, whatever....

Regards

V

If I leave TZ open on my laptop - it diverts to something like you describe and I also get a pop-up for Winzip.

Discussed on one of the other threads as the pop-ups have now become quite aggressive/invasive.

The general consensus (on the other thread) seems to be that ad-blockers are required to stop it happening, which is a shame as I think it may stop Eddie from gaining the revenue from the ads, but the forum is almost impossible to use with the latest pop-up/invasive adverts.

Yes, had some strange diverts that won't let me close page. Have to close Safari and re-open. Bit odd. Thought I had a virus but not the case. Does it just affect Safari?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Does it just affect Safari?
    Nope.

Chrome and Firefox for me too on my PC. Others report the same thing happening on tablets and iPhones/iPads, so think it affects all (or at least most) browsers.

Master
    Yes, noticed it more if I leave the forum open on a tab for a while (which is what I've always done really), when I go back its often on some odd page that tells me I've won; have a trojan etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Yes, noticed it more if I leave the forum open on a tab for a while (which is what I've always done really), when I go back its often on some odd page that tells me I've won; have a trojan etc.
    Exactly the same for me.

Master
    Same here - safari on Mac.

Pete

Master
    The IT business who looks after my company have emailed me 4 times in the last month that I’ve had a virus attack (which was blocked) from this site, from the pop ups I think.

Yes, me too I’ve been getting WinX or something errors “scan now” yeah right. Fortunately my iPad and MacBook have been unaffected but the windows laptop, dreadful. IE has been unusable, so has chrome although it goes a little bit longer between attacks. Opera however, on the windows laptop, has been unaffected so far - fingers crossed.

Blog Entries
    Same for me with Safari on Mac. Not adverts they don't bother me, but a virus warning full page.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Same for me with Safari on Mac. Not adverts they don't bother me, but a virus warning full page.
    Yes - I'm getting the same thing on a MacBook now............

This is the worst site I have ever seen - for intrusive redirects.

I got the virus warning whilst browing eBay this afternoon.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Pretty sure it is this site, as it was the one that was replaced by the virus warning site - none of the others were changed (including eBay).

That seems to be the common trait on my laptop and MacBook - TZ gets redirected to a dodgy site.