closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Time Factors Lume

Banned

Time Factors Lume

One of the main things I look for in a watch is great lume, specifically to last most of the night (but quick to charge and initial intensity is welcome). I was disappointed that the PRS18 COSC lume wasn't on the same level as the previous PRS18.

I had some older TF watches that didn't have the best lume like the PRS14 and PRS10. I've read/seen that the PRS3 is maybe similar to the PRS14. I'm sure there are more older ones that can be added here.

I found the old Everest to be quite good. The PRS40 and PRS18 brilliant, Seiko level.

Will we see a return to the great lume of the PRS40 and PRS18?
    Is the new Everest on that level?

2nd from bottom is a Citizen Excalibur.

I was a bit disappointed with the lume on the COSC. However, I think it’s a cracking watch so I sent it off to dreamboat10 for a relume. It’s certainly improved it for me and made a great watch that little bit better.

Last edited by Mr Tetley; 13th December 2018 at 19:05.

Not too shabby.....

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    Not too shabby.....
    What in the world is that one on the left?

I agree that lume needs to be a priority.

The PRS-82 was good in my opinion...
    The COSC was not but the idea of a re-lume is a interesting, thanks!

Lay it on good and thick Eddie!

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    What in the world is that one on the left?

I agree that lume needs to be a priority.

The PRS-82 was good in my opinion...
    The COSC was not but the idea of a re-lume is a interesting, thanks!

Lay it on good and thick Eddie!
    Looks like a custom smart watch dial?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The watch is on my wrist now and I'm thinking is the lume really that good, must check tonight.....

I think my big problem is my watches tend to be tucked under the cuff, so they don't get exposed to enough light.

I wasn't a total fan of the lume on the PRS-3 tbh, a bit underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    The watch is on my wrist now and I'm thinking is the lume really that good, must check tonight.....

I think my big problem is my watches tend to be tucked under the cuff, so they don't get exposed to enough light.

I wasn't a total fan of the lume on the PRS-3 tbh, a bit underwhelming.

The lume is good, but I took that pic lying in bed after giving it a quick blast from an iPhone torch. In reality nobody really needs a dial that blazes away all night. My old eyes can read the time on a Damasko at 4am when I get up for a pi$$, and they don't have the brightest lume.
    F.T.F.A.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    The lume is good, but I took that pic lying in bed after giving it a quick blast from an iPhone torch. In reality nobody really needs a dial that blazes away all night. My old eyes can read the time on a Damasko at 4am when I get up for a pi$$, and they don't have the brightest lume.
    It's the longevity of the lume I look for. Even a Vostok glows bright to begin with, but is completely gone very quickly.

Master
    I agree with the OP that lume is really important.

I've seen the thread on the PRS18 COSC - and agree that it does seem disappointing in that respect - as in all other circumstances it seems a cracking watch - but I would be interested to know why it should be so much worse than the PRS18 given that they use the same material/substance?

The reason I ask is that I have a Memphis Belle - which has lumed Breitling style numbers on it - and whereas the hands shine nice and brightly all night - the numbers are at best very dim, and after a period of time are hardly readable.

So does anyone have any ideas why the same material is so bright on some watches - but not others?

Oh, and does anyone know if the PRS18 COSC has had it lume improved in any subsequent batch to the original?

Master
    I took this shot of one of the Speedbird 3s I’ve owned several moons ago. Lovely even and crisp lume...

tyger tyger poem meaning