closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Laco Himalya - thoughts?

Laco Himalya - thoughts?

Really liking the look of this on rubber, anybody else see the attraction? Only an ETA 2824-2 but then at circa £650, that's about par for the course.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/watches...imalaya-rubber

Really nice individually styled diver, but some mixed messages there.
    A diver named after the worlds highest mountain range, with a scorpion on the back????? Huh????
    Doesn't stop it being a nice watch.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Very Koboldesque in design, which is not a bad thing - given I expect that the case is probably a Fricker manufacture. I'm not convinced with the twelve o clock marker, perhaps it should have been either a thicker solid bar, an orange lume strip between the two green bars. Finally, I agree on the mixed message, my first thought was why a scorpion? Maybe they should have called the watch range 'Stinger'.
    I think it looks better value on the bracelet, always a nice option and a rubber strap will generally be cheaper to buy after market.

Craftsman
    Looks an nice watch for the money ,but it's a very crowded marketplace they are competing in

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

17 jewels version. Not so common today.

JP

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchy View Post
    Very Koboldesque in design, which is not a bad thing - given I expect that the case is probably a Fricker manufacture. I'm not convinced with the twelve o clock marker, perhaps it should have been either a thicker solid bar, an orange lume strip between the two green bars. Finally, I agree on the mixed message, my first thought was why a scorpion? Maybe they should have called the watch range 'Stinger'.
    I think it looks better value on the bracelet, always a nice option and a rubber strap will generally be cheaper to buy after market.
    I wish you hadn't mentioned that 12 o'clock marker... didn't really notice it from my quick nosey this morning. Don't like it so much now...!!!

Grand Master
    reminds me of this, still my diver of choice most days
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...realis+cascais
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    I think the hands look too long

I think it looks great, except for that case back engraving... doesn’t match the rest of the watch

Seems decent value and I like the hands but I’m not a fan for the dial layout or big scorpion case back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I think that looks great - really strong and rugged, but with a nice shape to the lugs. Good lume and a good price. What's not to like. <sigh> another one to add to the list!