closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I can't believe this...

I can't believe this...

....but after many years on TZ, having had the opportunity to own some very iconic timepieces, inadvertently, a watch taken in trade this week has blown me away, and it wasn't even on my radar.

It tics all my spec boxes;

42mm - perfect size for my wrists

Titanium - I love this metal, light and it's easy to clean up

Matte dial - love the legibility

Aged lume - subtle and creamy

Diver - it the most iconic of styles in my book

500m - shower proof then

22mm - perfect Nato width for size of watch

Bracelet - superbly executed with micro adjustment

Bezel - the most amazingly solid one I've ever tried

Lume - long lasting

Left handed - yes I am

Brand - always thought they were second best. More fool me.

History - iconic

So what has blown me sideways and completely made me reevaluate what I like?

Only this bloody beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Well done - looks superb in that photograph. The legibility really stands out. Does it wear big?

Quote Originally Posted by rushroon View Post
    Well done - looks superb in that photograph. The legibility really stands out. Does it wear big?
    Perfectly proportioned and extremely comfortable on my 7.5” wrist.

Bracelet is the same also with 3 micro settings and additional spring flex on 4th setting.

Amazing piece of engineering if I say so myself. Far more comfortable on bracelet than the DSSD, for me at least.

Great - thanks. The flex setting on the bracelet is very clever!

Craftsman
    You forgot the roulette date wheel Jason. Another little detail that helps to make this watch.

I really like that,tried a customers one the other week and was impressed with the heft (stainless version) and build quality,will keep a look out for one.

Master
    Too big for my wrists unfortunately but a great looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by simesman View Post
    You forgot the roulette date wheel Jason. Another little detail that helps to make this watch.
    Oh yes, and Tudor in-house movement with 72hr power reserve, the bezel action a 12 being slightly stiffer when initially turning, ceramic ball bearings on the clasp, ceramic bezel insert, perfectly integrated divers extension and for Nato lovers, wider gap between spring pins and case allowing for thicker straps.

Master
    I've admired the Pelagos for a while now but I am really liking the LH version (I'm a leftie too ! )

Master
    Blog Entries
    It looks good,what’s the strap?

I have always been a Pelagos fan, and opted for the original almost as soon as it was out. I like the idea of leftie watches (and I love my EZM1), but somehow with the Pelagos, I think of it being too traditional a dive watch to work for me in leftie format, so am happy to keep mt ETA-powered original.
    And they are well made, of that there is no doubt.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    It looks good,what’s the strap?
    https://www.steveostraps.com/straps-2/nato-straps

Master
    I Think the Pelagos is a really good buy, still amazes me the ETA version has never picked up any value (like the early BB). It’s the kind of watch people will be kicking themselves about in years to come I’m sure.

Blog Entries
    Lovely one Jason and cracking pic

Pitch

Craftsman
    Great watches, gets the most wrist time for me.
    I have the blue which I love and.i think the build of these are second to none.

Congratulations on your new Pelagos. I love the dial, hand set and movement but for me the case is a bit too large and "slabby."

Nick Shabazz has uploaded a very fair review of the LH Pelagos on YouTube, so for anyone interested, here's the link:

https://youtu.be/IbvN9QobKpA
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master

Great pickup!

Great picture! These have been off my radar until I tried a blue on and now it’s yet another one to add to the never ending must have list!!!!

Keep it if you can!!! Proper tool watch!

Chris

Ooh! Suit you Sir!

Great photo Jason. Having been on the watch collecting merry go round myself for too long very little catches my eye any more. The Pelagos LHD is probably the only watch I'm really drawn to. Tried one on at the AD in Dubai Airport a couple of weeks ago and if my flight wasn't boarding I probably would have bought it. Great catch.

Master
    Really like that, great on that strap, top pic too.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Great photo Jason. Having been on the watch collecting merry go round myself for too long very little catches my eye any more. The Pelagos LHD is probably the only watch I'm really drawn to. Tried one on at the AD in Dubai Airport a couple of weeks ago and if my flight wasn't boarding I probably would have bought it. Great catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    Really like that, great on that strap, top pic too.
    Thanks guys, studied at the LTF School of Photography

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this really might be the one for me rotated with a Sinn 156 & EZM1.1 then my journey will have finally ended.

Craftsman
    I had the black faced Pelagos for a while but no longer have it. As much as I liked it, it was a bit chunky for my taste. I think the LHD is one of the few watches that does cream lume well. It’s subtle, and not shouting ‘faux aging’ like some other watches.

I like it a lot. It's kind of like the IWC 3536 titanium of its day. Funnily enough, Jason, I often rotate that with a Sinn 156 and EZM 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    I like it a lot. It's kind of like the IWC 3536 titanium of its day. Funnily enough, Jason, I often rotate that with a Sinn 156 and EZM 1!
    Now that’s a man after my own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    I really like that,tried a customers one the other week and was impressed with the heft (stainless version) and build quality,will keep a look out for one.
    They don't make a stainless pelagos as far as I know?

Love the LHD, the slightly aged lume works really well with the colour of the titanium.

Craftsman
    Has this watch for a short time.. I loved the aged lume and the text on dial looked better to me because of the two colours along with the roulette date.. only reason I flipped it was thinking an Explorer would suit me better... I do regret it now.. may pick another one up next year..

Pelagos are fantastic, everything about it are spot on. I have a first gen black dial eta, love it.

My son as his eye on it, so I would get a LHD over anything else, prefer it to a Rolex in my experience and personal opinion.

That looks great. Brilliant movement and I love the ceramic bezel against the black dial. Being left handed too, it has perked my interest.

Very nice, Jason, and very much up your street, especially on that strap.

You say it has aged lume though... can you show it head on, as I’ve always found the Pelgos lume too white and stark?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Very nice, Jason, and very much up your street, especially on that strap.

You say it has aged lume though... can you show it head on, as I’ve always found the Pelgos lume too white and stark?
    It changes greatly depending on the light but generally looks like this. Only the LHD has this subtle lume, as the other versions are very bright white as you say.

You should check one out Tony, you will be shocked by the build quality, I was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s a massive improvement, at least IMO.

Lovely watch that. I’ll have me a Pelly sooner or later. A blue one please.

They are really sweet looking, modern tech and concept - how are they compared to a stainless steel diver to wear? I know titanium is about the same weight as aluminium, as I had some titanium nuts and bolts for a motorcycle sprocket once (true story)

Journeyman
    ... Borrowed a black dial version recently and it's definitely on my list. Loved the bracelet and micro adjustment on the clasp. Great clean looking watch.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That’s a massive improvement, at least IMO.
    I just saw it in Westfield this afternoon and I agree. I am not an aged lume fan but it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G Imp View Post
    They are really sweet looking, modern tech and concept - how are they compared to a stainless steel diver to wear? I know titanium is about the same weight as aluminium, as I had some titanium nuts and bolts for a motorcycle sprocket once (true story)
    It has more heft that you would expect for a Ti watch. My assumption is the movement is cast iron

Craftsman
    I love them, it's just the hands I'm afraid. Too chunky.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G Imp View Post
    As chinnock says they certainly don’t feel as light as you’d imagine. In fact I’d say they feel similar to how you’d expect a stainless steel watch to feel when you pick them up.

I’m not really a fan of light ti watches (have an old ti Citizen) as the lack of heft just makes your brain think cheap and flimsy. Somehow the Pelagos doesn’t feel that way.

The lume is amazing on them, here’s mine yesterday just coming in from outside into a dull hallway!

Such a crisp watch

And a bit less light

I saw one of these today.
    Love the vintage lume.
    Looks great on one of Steveo's straps.
    A tool watch fitted to a go anywhere strap.

Craftsman
    This thread and a recent discussion on the hand length on the new Smiths Everest 36mm, has really got me considering the Pelagos.
    I've my name down for the Tudor BB GMT, but i'm now thinking the Hand length is too long (subjective, i know)... but this looks perfect, and i like the idea of Ti as an alternative to SS
    I'm collecting a field engineer in Jan, and this could be my next purchase (either second hand or new, if you can get a discount :))
    Must try to get time to try one on

Thanks for posting !!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    This thread and a recent discussion on the hand length on the new Smiths Everest 36mm, has really got me considering the Pelagos.
    I've my name down for the Tudor BB GMT, but i'm now thinking the Hand length is too long (subjective, i know)... but this looks perfect, and i like the idea of Ti as an alternative to SS
    I'm collecting a field engineer in Jan, and this could be my next purchase (either second hand or new, if you can get a discount :))
    Must try to get time to try one on

Thanks for posting !!
    Yes, this thread got me wearing mine this week. I last wore it in the Summer holidays!

What better watch to swim in that also has an auto adjusting bracelet that resizes to your wrist (in spring mode) and looks good from pool to restaurant?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    Yes, this thread got me wearing mine this week. I last wore it in the Summer holidays!

What better watch to swim in that also has an auto adjusting bracelet that resizes to your wrist (in spring mode) and looks good from pool to restaurant?
    The clasp is a thing of engineering beauty. I love the feel of it opening and closing, the satisfying snap of the ceramic balls setting it in place. The adjustment is pretty genius too and wish all my watches had that ability to adjust their size that easily.

Craftsman
    Yes, they should really get it onto the Black Bay watches.