closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So that's 87 million pounds, I'm in shock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    Should anyone really wish to aereated about money the BBC is spending then I suggest they do a little investigation into the costs of running S4C which the Government forced the BBC to pick up. In 2016 the BBC were obliged to fund S4C to the tune of £74.5m every year until 2022. This to support a channel which gets an audience of about 360,000 in a week. A week, not an hour or a day.

Given those figures the one-off cost of £87m for the Eastenders set is damn good business.
    That 360,000 is misleading - doesn’t mean only 2,100 per hour. Could still be 300,000 per day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Anglia water didn't invent water, but they still charge me 400 quid a year so I can have it coming out my taps
    And if you were able, very easily, to hook up your tap to other water sources - would you be happy for Anglia to force you to pay a yearly charge for having a tap, whether you use their water or not?

Craftsman
    Giving up TV (about 5 years now), catch-up included, has been like giving up smoking.
    Kind of tricky at first......then you really nail it...then you look at those still addicted as weak losers with no self-control.

You realise pretty soon that a) you have a ton of extra time to spend how you want; b) there is actually very little on TV that actually interests you c) most is vacuous tosh that treats viewers like dumb, naive receptors d) you dont have little birds chirping in your ear advertising products you dont need, manufacturing consent for policies contrary to your interests etc etc

Panem et circenses, as the Romans would have said.

Eastenders.... everything what's wrong with this society... every time I see a trailer it contains confrontation and violence. Angers me that this crap is the diet of a lot of people's viewing. It makes me livid they are spending £87 million of the license payers money.