closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bristol Airport

Bristol Airport

Anyone know anywhere I can hang out within 15 minutes of Bristol Airport for a couple of hours if need be? Decent capaccino, WiFi, deep leather sofas, freshly baked almond Danish etc etcetc would be nice but not too fussy
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

The Holiday Inn is a few minutes north of the airport on the A38 and that’s where I’ve done the same thing.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/the-canteen/

If it fits your timings - "You can also pop in for a coffee Tuesday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm"

On a clear day fantastic views,

Master
    I’d go with Ralphy’s suggestion. You’ve got the likes of Hilton Cadbury House hotel and the garden centre next door but it’s a bit more of a drive than the Holiday Inn.

Master
    Just hang around Clifton, not more than 20 mins away.

Master
    I'd agree with clifton. Only issue is that you can drive around for a good while just finding parking these days. No idea what it would be like during the Christmas period. Took me about 15 minutes to find a space a week or two ago due to almost everything being resident parking.

Perhaps contact the Ethicurean outside Wrington and see what they might be able to offer. Havnt been in about 5 years, but had a very enjoyable visit last time I was there. There was a great selection of teas, coffees, cakes etc, great views, nice fruit and veg gardens and such.

Tbh, I would have supposed that with two hours to kill *you* would have simply found a quiet corner in which to unroll your yoga mat....

Personally wouldn’t bother TBH. Even somewhere ‘few minutes’ away is likely to take at least half an hour with going to/from the car, parking and traffic. Just not worth the hassle, is the airport really that bad?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Personally wouldn’t bother TBH. Even somewhere ‘few minutes’ away is likely to take at least half an hour with going to/from the car, parking and traffic. Just not worth the hassle, is the airport really that bad?
    Never once found that to be the case with Bristol. Traffic south can be a pain at times, especially with the new traffic light system just up the road, but free flowing from the south. Long stay is 50 meters from the terminal, and pickup generally takes a couple of minutes at most.

Craftsman
    The question here is will you have a car or are you relying on taxi?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Yes, it really is.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Fair enough!

Master
    At the airport now. I'm usually here at 5am on a Saturday morning so anything's better than that, but it is Friday afternoon busy, and the usual collection of Barry Island stag & hen groups are here already.

I'd rather be in the airport than outside though - if you like gridlock the roads around here are for you...

Keeping a look out for a suave sophisticat wearing a Sinn - no candidates so far...

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    ... but it is Friday afternoon busy, and the usual collection of Barry Island stag & hen groups are here already.
    They are always there, in fact I don't think they fly anywhere.

R

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The Holiday Inn is a few minutes north of the airport on the A38 and that’s where I’ve done the same thing.

R
    You mean south of the airport I presume. It was there when I went past it at 0800 this am!

Quote Originally Posted by tt600 View Post
    You mean south of the airport I presume. It was there when I went past it at 0800 this am!
    Oops!
    You are quite right, my apologies.

R