closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Sinn U1 is back from an indie service by ON Atelier - brilliant service

Craftsman

My Sinn U1 is back from an indie service by ON Atelier - brilliant service

My U1 was running badly, getting on for 20 seconds a day slow in my unscientific timing tests. It didn't deserve to run like this and had to go for a bit of TLC. So where to send it................

I have used a couple of different companies in the past for various watches, Duncan is usually booked up for many months and the last company I used didn't meet my expectations, so I resorted to a bit of web searching. I didn't fancy using Sinn as the wait time sounded horrendous and after reading the customer service issues at P&C I opted to give them a wide berth.

I found Olivier's website and was impressed with the range of pieces that he had worked on.

I dropped him an email and received a prompt reply. Following a few emails to ascertain my requirements a date was arranged and off it went. Olivier kept me informed with proceedings regularly and sent a pic or two just so I didn't forget what the U1 looked like!

Well, the watch arrived back today and it looks fabulous. I will monitor the performance over the next few days but it looks very promising already, only about a second out when I unwrapped it this evening.

If you have a watch in need of a service, do yourself a favour and check out Olivier's website; I found him to be a great guy to deal with.

Here is a link to the gallery he sent with various shots of the U1's heart.

I have no affiliation, just a happy customer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/imme6ltro...bT0nUNzva?dl=0

Olli is a member here and I too am a happy customer
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

He's my go-to watch repairer, he's really very good indeed.
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    Thanks for the info. The UK Sinn agents were charging a significant premium over the factory when I inquired about a service for my gummed up U1, so I waited til we were visiting ze fatherland and dropped it off myself. An excellent excuse for some beer and wurst!

If I'd known about Olivier I'd have probably given him a try though as the turnaround time is 4 months!

Cheers

Dave

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I have made a note of this!

My U1 is coming up to 5 years old, and I feel no need to send an ETA based watch to Frankfurt when there is a bloke in Hampshire.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    I have made a note of this!

My U1 is coming up to 5 years old, and I feel no need to send an ETA based watch to Frankfurt when there is a bloke in Hampshire.
    Indeed. Shame he can't do Ar and CuSO4 capsules... My Arktis will need a service soon... To be fair, the young guy at the factory tested my last serviced 5 or 6 years ago Army is and told me I had a year or two to go.

I've never had Olli work on any watches of mine (or even corresponded with him in any way), but I enjoy his website - it's interesting to see detailed breakdowns & repair jobs, and quite inspiring.

Out of interest, can anyone service/ change batteries in the UX other than Sinn themselves - I understand because of the oil this is tricky for independents. Not sure if that is true or not?

This would be a job for Sinn, I am not aware of any independent who would take these on.