closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS-25 Everest 36mm update

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Nine more to ship tomorrow and then finished.

Eddie
    Thank you, Eddie, for this Christmas effort for us. Rest well after tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    The bracelet tapers from 20mm to 18mm.

The next to be released riveted bracelet will taper from 20 to 16 mm and, hopefully, with a simple "old style" clasp.
    Thanks for your informative reply.

Quote Originally Posted by inthered View Post
    I also have the Citizen Excalibur and found the ratchet clasp a bit long so swapped it for a fold over clasp, might be an option to explore.
    Yes, certainly worth considering.

Where did you source the clasp and were you happy with the quality, may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    The bracelet tapers from 20mm to 18mm.

The next to be released riveted bracelet will taper from 20 to 16 mm and, hopefully, with a simple "old style" clasp.
    This is true, but also worth mentioning that the clasp itself measures 20mm wide.

The slight tapering of the bracelet is barely noticeable and doesn't really register with my eye. Not sure whether the clasp has any influence on that or not.

PRS-25 Everest 36mm update

Anyone wish they had a bit more dome?

Maybe a little like the Halios Seaforth or RT Académie, though perhaps not so extreme...

Ps. Yes the bracelet clasp is massive, almost bigger than the watch head.

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post

Maybe a little like the Halios Seaforth or RT Académie:

The old everest was killer on distortion. I'm quite happy with the clarity on a smaller dial.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Maybe a little like the Halios Seaforth or RT Académie, though perhaps not so extreme...

Most of those aren't domes, they're "top hat" crystals. If you wanted cheaper a crystal, you should have said. Taller side wall to give the impression of higher dome, that's the cheater's way of achieving height.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by stifflersmom View Post
    It looks fantastic. My only question is the second hand lollipop ...on Eddie's dial close up the lollipop hits just touches the indices, but on the latest pictures it appears to overlap. Is it just an artefact of the angle that the images are taken at?
    The viewing angle affects the amount of apparent overlap, but looked at straight on I reckon you could say that the centre of the pip more or less coincides with the end of the non-cardinal indices. The greatest overlaps occur at 12 and 6. As I recall, this isn't quite what Eddie asked for, but to be fair it doesn't really bug me much. I feared it would spoil the watch for me and I commented in that vein when I first saw a photo, but I think that's going way too far. It's a great watch and the quality is unbelievable at the price. It'll be spending a lot of time on my wrist, that's for sure.

I will say that, whilst I don't personally care about the PRS-25 being an exact, faithful copy of the 1016 Explorer, nonetheless I feel the 1016 has its proportions including the handset spot on, and following those proportions for the handset on the PRS-25 would make the result perfect here in my book.

Plain nato

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Braided

Ohhhh matron

Most of those aren't domes, they're "top hat" crystals. If you wanted cheaper a crystal, you should have said. Taller side wall to give the impression of higher dome, that's the cheater's way of achieving height.

Eddie
    Thanks this is why I don’t tell the chef how to prepare the food.

On reflection it would probably look stupid on such a small dial. Thanks for your insight into this style crystal!

Thanks this is why I don’t tell the chef how to prepare the food.

On reflection it would probably look stupid on such a small dial. Thanks for your insight into this style crystal!
    Grrr... ive had those top hats go pop on airplanes as well. Once one of them cracked in a perfectly circular flaw and then went flying out with a pop noise. Left me with a completely useless watch with a razorsharp circle of mineral glass protecting the hands. Not useful when working....

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post

That is some serious lume on that bad boy.

Apprentice
    Arrived today! Gorgeous watch, will have to wait until saturday to resize the bracelet though...

Those are looking damned sharp. Very much looking forward to seeing the white dial when it comes in.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Apprentice
    In Sydney...missed it - bring on Monday ( never thought I’d say that !)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've seen a few people have missed the courier - I am lucky as today I have no need to leave the house whatsoever, and no intention of doing so! I shall be working at the front of the house keeping a keen eye out for this lovely lady's arrival! Hopefully Xmas comes early.

Dave that lume shot is really quite unbelievable, looks like it would comfortably light up my living room!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Those are looking damned sharp. Very much looking forward to seeing the white dial when it comes in.
    Prior to recieving the blackface I would never have considered the white boy. But all that has changed.

Hope you're keeping well dave. BTW, The 6900 I bought off you all those many years ago was retired as my daily wearer this year purely for degenerating eyesight related reasons. I sure had some adventures with that bad boy. He went on all my trips with me, and proved a steadfast companion through all my highs and lows. In fact we have been down to 300m below sea level together and up to 18,500ft. We love a few facts on tz. Probably the watch I have worn the most out of all my watches by a factor of at least 10. Oh, we do love a few facts on tz. And just like a Patek, I have now passed that watch along to seikopath junior, so I'm sure it will have a few good more adventures yet. Stay well matey and all the best. Bignose dave

Prior to recieving the blackface I would never have considered the white boy. But all that has changed.
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    That's better (for my taste) than the strap you had on it earlier, which was very nice (I have a similar one for my Archimede Deck watch) but too dressy for this watch. The darker colour works better too. IMHO.

Yes, much better.

I really fancy trying it on a more vintage style strap with the exposed stitching near the lugs.

Can anyone suggest ones that come in 110/70 size?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Yes, much better.

I really fancy trying it on a more vintage style strap with the exposed stitching near the lugs.

Can anyone suggest ones that come in 110/70 size?
    Colareb certainly used to offer a few of their straps in a smaller size. I have a tan Sienna (I think) that's 105/70, which is just enough for my 17cm wrist.

Hope you're keeping well dave. BTW, The 6900 I bought off you all those many years ago was retired as my daily wearer this year purely for degenerating eyesight related reasons. I sure had some adventures with that bad boy. He went on all my trips with me, and proved a steadfast companion through all my highs and lows. In fact we have been down to 300m below sea level together and up to 18,500ft. We love a few facts on tz. Probably the watch I have worn the most out of all my watches by a factor of at least 10. Oh, we do love a few facts on tz. And just like a Patek, I have now passed that watch along to seikopath junior, so I'm sure it will have a few good more adventures yet. Stay well matey and all the best. Bignose dave
    Seikopath a question if i may, how do you find the rotor noise of the new model compares to the previous incarnation? OR in fact anyone who´s experienced both the old-new versions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Passenger; 21st December 2018 at 10:59.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Seikopath a question if i may, how do you find the rotor noise of the new model compares to the previous incarnation? OR in fact anyone who´s experienced both the old-new versions.

Thanks.
    The Miyota rotor noise is substantially less with the new 36mm PRS-25, compared to the original Everest. At least, mine is.

Craftsman
    Mine has arrived and I honestly could not be more delighted! The watch case with space for two watches it came in is a lovely touch, thank you Eddie.

First impressions are that 36mm is perfect size for my 17.5cm wrist, the dial is fantastic, the markers and lume are clearly to a very high standard and finally - the subtle 'Everest' just draws you in so much, it's perfect.

On the bracelet/clasp - I really like bracelets and although I don't have tonnes of experience with clasps I really like this one on initial use. The extendable function is slick and easy, I can see that being super useful.

AN absolutely cracking watch that will certainly get a lot of wrist time from me! Eddie - another sincere thanks - a product clearly made with care and passion, super service, rapid delivery - could not ask for more. Hope you have a great Christmas and a well-deserved rest.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...psvmax3ivj.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...pssptfsazo.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...psnjngpm7k.jpg

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p...psobpsp0ag.jpg

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rodan View Post
    The Miyota rotor noise is substantially less with the new 36mm PRS-25, compared to the original Everest. At least, mine is.
    Me too. Must be something to do with the size of the case acting as a bass bin

Craftsman
    As others have said, it's been awhile since I've been so excited about a watch. Most of that's how great the watch looks, but I think with the timing just before xmas and what is beginning to feel like a proper communal journey through the forum has been so much fun. It's so cool that 66 bought, who must all be forum members/spouses with such a short purchase window, and at least half of those people have chipped in just on this thread. I'm really enjoying being part of this!

Gushing over (well, until it arrives tonight!). Normal sarcasm levels restored.

Master
    Images from above

Craftsman
    Got mine in the mail. My first 36mm watch, and a first without a chrono/diver bezel.

It is going to take awhile to get used to 36mm size, but absolutely love the look, and the finishing of the watch.

Thanks Eddie for this bringing this out, going to enjoy wearing it for a long time.

Some shots with couple of vintage-looking straps.

Me too. Must be something to do with the size of the case acting as a bass bin
    There's also an anti-magnetic movement cover in there which probably helps.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

That's it! Packing finished and everything shipped.

Eddie

Well done Eddie. Hopefully now you can now have good rest.

Thanks for the notification of despatch Eddie.... looking forward to tomorrow. Have a good rest and I wish you and your good lady a happy Xmas and prosperous, healthy, new year.

Oh and all of the rest of us on this great forum too!!!!

Master

Eddie
    Well done for doing such a stirling effort getting these out in time for Christmas. Collected mine a little while ago but won't have a chance to size it and try it until I get home from work. From the quick glance at it I've had though I think I've hit on a winner for regular wear!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Eddie, time for a glass of your favoured tipple and a mince pie after all that packing and despatching!

Journeyman

Eddie
    Merry Christmas Eddie, and many thanks!

Eddie
    Thanks for your efforts! mine arrived at 12.58, just inside the RMSD time! Finished my household chores, had lunch and now time to unbox and admire . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    It's true - you snooze, you lose. Missed out on this.

I can't fault this piece. It screams discreet class. Well done to those who were on the ball. I suspect it'll be on most of those wrists for the entire holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    It's true - you snooze, you lose. Missed out on this.

I can't fault this piece. It screams discreet class. Well done to those who were on the ball. I suspect it'll be on most of those wrists for the entire holidays.
    They'll be plenty more. Good things come to those who wait

Good to hear, I ended up picking another 6900 up later. mine hasn't done anything more strenuous than go on a few runs with me, mind :-)

Someone else asked about rotor noise on the newer model 40mm, and I think it's a fair bit quieter than the old model having had it a while now.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Apprentice

Eddie
    Cheers and merry christmas!

The leather I had was a little light in colour, so on to a Coyote Brown from Eddie. It feels a little strange having just taken off my original . . .

F.T.F.A.

Master
    For those waiting for the postie today or tomorrow it is a bit nice...

Quote Originally Posted by rodan View Post
    thanks, that is very, very nice to hear. Looking forward to the white version.

The leather I had was a little light in colour, so on to a Coyote Brown from Eddie. It feels a little strange having just taken off my original . . .
    Given your ownership of the 40mm, I can fully appreciate this may come across a bit small. Guess a few days to adjust to the size?

Very nice Bob looks good! my brother Pat says hi (hill on hear).
    You'll get used to the 36mm after a while.

Bugger!

Got my notification yesterday but no watch or slip through the door. RMSD must be a day late up here....

How many are left Eddie from this batch?

I’ve had Timefactors watches as follows: Speedbird II and III, 29b, 40, 53, 25 version 1. All sold. They were all very good.
    Now I have the current 25 version 2 in 40mm and 36mm (36 pictured above). I have to say I think these new Everests are the best yet. I am very tempted to keep both, but if I need to choose it will be the 36 - it’s the best I’ve owned. I’m more pleased with this 36 than anything I’ve had before. The hand length is immaterial when you consider the quality of finish. The clasp is too bulky but it’s ease of adjustment balances that out (it’s under the wrist out of sight - ignore it!). The bracelet is lovely and tapers enough (though I hope the new one with rivets becomes available later for us 36 black owners). Happy Christmas, Everest-gazers!

Craftsman
    Well I'm delighted with this ... an absolutely belter of a watch that's not losing out in the quality stakes when sat next to my Omega Aqua Terra ... to my eye anyway :) . I tried on an actual Explorer (114270) a few months back, and I think I actually prefer this new 36mm Everest.

Removed 5 links to size it for a 6.5" wrist and it's a great fit without needing to use the clasp expansion adjustment. The bracelet is super comfortable and looks great. Think I will be leaving it on. I'd have to agree with the poster that commented that the clasp is too big (it is literally twice the length and height of my Tudor Prince bracelet clasp), but it's not going to stop me using it or wearing it, though if there was an option to have something smaller and less bulky then I'd be all over that.

Thought I had a duff crystal to start with and took about an hour to realise that there was a film of plastic over it ... doh! I don't buy many new watches LOL ... and definitely not used to peeling plastic off all the surfaces of a watch

I think I'll be wearing this watch a lot ... many thanks Eddie ! Great job !