closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS-25 Everest 36mm update

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Looks great but how do you remove links?

Eddie
    Screws. It's cheap and rattly and a bit crap in all honesty. Bit like a Seiko skx jubilee.

But very comfortable.

Middle picture you can see one of the screws.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Received mine via SC. Popped on a cheap rivet bracelet I've got, used the original end links.

Really great result !

Please can you post pics also form the buckle side ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Looks great but how do you remove links?

Eddie

Actually they are "false" rivet, so one on each link are screwed in order to remove links.

Also the oyster rivet bracelet you are ordering from your provider for the next batch of Everest will use those "false" rivet links.

I toyed with the idea of trying a cheap Tiger riveted bracelet I have but it is poor quality and a right pain to size - which would mean faffing about with tiny spring bars. Decided to wait for the none riveted one I ordered (see previous posts) to arrive.
    Last edited by Velorum; 3rd January 2019 at 11:53.

Went to size the bracelet, and one of the screws is threaded so can't be undone. Second bracelet from this seller (luxurywatchstrapscouk on eBay) with the same issue. Really slow to deal with problems as well. One to avoid!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I toyed with the idea of trying a cheap Tiger riveted bracelet I have but it is poor quality and a right pain to size - which would mean faffing about with tiny spring bars. Decided to wait for the none riveted one I ordered (see previous posts) to arrive.
    Went to size the bracelet, and one of the screws is threaded so can't be undone. Second bracelet from this seller (luxurywatchstrapscouk on eBay) with the same issue. Really slow to deal with problems as well. One to avoid!

I've perused both of those, so dodged a bullet! Pleased I saw your posts, ta!
    F.T.F.A.

What's the obsession with riveted? Surely a really nice 20mm-16mm tapered oysteresque bracelet is good enough?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    What's the obsession with riveted? Surely a really nice 20mm-16mm tapered oysteresque bracelet is good enough?
    Not sure, either. The rivets look overly fussy to me (and they don't seem to have been especially popular on the Black Bay models), even if they do provide some nod to historical authenticity. A plain bracelet would be better imo though not sure that's the majority view.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFixer View Post
    This arrived today

Seems to be of good quality - and substantially less bulky that the original

Fits the original solid end links fine and has a nice taper

That's much better!

The watch looks and feels better balanced on this

One word of warning for the larger wristed - I'm 6.75" and only needed to take one link out. Initially I took 2 out and although it fitted there was no room for manoeuvre should there be a little heat related swelling. With only one link out its is currently on the third hole of the clasp micro adjustment and I can insert my forefinger up to the first joint. Links are adjusted via screws - these loosened and tightened without any problems.

It looks and feels good to me

As for Magirus's posts regarding the apparent price discrepancy between the eBay listing and the bracelet on the sellers website, I can't really shed any light on this. I reckon that its possible to get something of comparable quality and fit for less with some searching of the internet. It will always be something of a lottery I guess!
    Last edited by Velorum; 3rd January 2019 at 14:59. Reason: spelling

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    Not sure, either. The rivets look overly fussy to me (and they don't seem to have been especially popular on the Black Bay models), even if they do provide some nod to historical authenticity. A plain bracelet would be better imo though not sure that's the majority view.
    +1, so there's at least three of us who are like minded, though to be honest, all I really want is a different clasp that is slimmer, shorter, and fits the existing bracelet ...

It will be good enough for many, but the watch is vintage sized with a vintage look, so a vintage styled bracelet is required. IMHO. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

As for Magirus's posts regarding the apparent price discrepancy between the eBay listing and the bracelet on the sellers website, I can't really shed any light on this. I reckon that its possible to get something of comparable quality and fit for less with some searching of the internet. It will always be something of a lottery I guess!
    Now that looks much better balanced, although I'm holding out for rivets myself. I've still had no reply re my questions about their pricing strategy.
    F.T.F.A.

This arrived today

Seems to be of good quality - and substantially less bulky that the original

Fits the original solid end links fine and has a nice taper

That's much better!

The watch looks and feels better balanced on this

One word of warning for the larger wristed - I'm 6.75" and only needed to take one link out. Initially I took 2 out and although it fitted there was no room for manoeuvre should there be a little heat related swelling. With only one link out its is currently on the third hole of the clasp micro adjustment and I can insert my forefinger up to the first joint. Links are adjusted via screws - these loosened and tightened without any problems.

It looks and feels good to me

Thanks a lot, please can you post some pics of this bracelet installed on the Everest ? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Thanks a lot, please can you post some pics of this bracelet installed on the Everest ? Thanks in advance.
    Not quite sure that I understand - the pics are of the bracelet installed on an Everest!
    Last edited by Velorum; 3rd January 2019 at 15:40. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Now that looks much better balanced, although I'm holding out for rivets myself. I've still had no reply re my questions about their pricing strategy.
    That was my initial plan.

I'm too impatient though!

Tiger Concept does a v2 rivet bracelet. It's much much easier to take out links and the quality is very good.

Not sure if he sells them separately from watches though - I think he keeps just enough stock to satisfy the orders with watches.

I've some photos somewhere of the new bracelet and will repost them.

That was my initial plan.

I'm too impatient though!

Well, it was my first watch purchase since my Archimede in June 2015, so waiting a little longer for the correct (for me) bracelet wont hurt!
    F.T.F.A.

It will be good enough for many, but the watch is vintage sized with a vintage look, so a vintage styled bracelet is required. IMHO. ;-)
    Ah doh, I forgot the whole WIS logic of 'why not?'! Personally never got it - a mate had one on a Tudor BB and not for me. But I respect the whole logic of the situation

Not quite sure that I understand - the pics are of the bracelet installed on an Everest!

Thanks a lot Velorum, my PC did not load the pics, now the problem is fixed, thanks again !

So after a healthy dose of swearing, a stabbed finger and tweezers to remove the faulty screw/link, managed to get it sized. It's rattly and vastly less well engineered than the tf bracelet supplied, but I do like it.

So after a healthy dose of swearing, a stabbed finger and tweezers to remove the faulty screw/link, managed to get it sized. It's rattly and vastly less well engineered than the tf bracelet supplied, but I do like it.
    Thanks for your contribution, it's the proof that a 20/16 tapering bracelet with simple clasp, from an aesthetical point of view, fits very well the 36mm Everest.

Thanks for your contribution, it's the proof that a 20/16 tapering bracelet with simple clasp, from an aesthetical point of view, fits very well the 36mm Everest.
    I'll be buying one from Eddie once they're available.

I wish I still had my Oris 65. That's one of the best bracelets I've had, rivet style with a taper down to 14mm. I imagine it could fit the Everest.

Hello from Germany.

My stock of bracelets includes a suitable from Steinhart (Ocean One GMT 39mm), endlinks from the original Everest 36mm.

Or stands "S" on that clasp truly for Smiths?

I think it might be okay. Starting another week testing this one.

cheers
    Stephan

This is great news. I already have this bracelet. I plan to order from Eddie in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by linus. View Post
    Hello from Germany.

My stock of bracelets includes a suitable from Steinhart (Ocean One GMT 39mm), endlinks from the original Everest 36mm.

Or stands "S" on that clasp truly for Smiths?

I think it might be okay. Starting another week testing this one.

cheers
    Stephan

Craftsman
    I got an excellent fit from the bracelet of an old "Patpong" Rolex Datejust I had lying about, but only lasted a couple of hours before I switched back to the original bracelet. Odd, but I missed not only the quality of the original band, but also the big chunky clasp LOL. Go figure ....

Another bracelet post but why not... I'm happy with this one.

[QUOTE=mrwozza70;4987609]Another bracelet post but why not... I'm happy with this one.

Why not indeed.

Looks good - which one is it?

Journeyman
    A couple of days ago I received the folded link bracelet I ordered but I did not have time to take some pics until today. The bracelet was relatively cheap (20 euro) and it feels cheap. But I like it. I'm not a fan of solid links since they are usually quite thick making the bracelet heavy. These links are thin so the bracelet is much lighter to wear. And of course the clasp is better proportioned. Anyway, although it's not of the same quality as the Smiths bracelet, this gives me much more of the vintage vibe I'm looking for so it will do for now. I'll see what Eddie's rivet bracelet looks like and may upgrade once it becomes available.

Some pics:

And a comparison with the Smiths bracelet:

This is Wholesaleoutlet on eBay - the one with 2mm end links and bars. I might have posted a link before. Not cheapest but works just fine and has a good clasp. I removed the Divers extension because they tend to keep coming loose.[QUOTE=Velorum;4987617]
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    Another bracelet post but why not... I'm happy with this one.

Why not indeed.

Looks good - which one is it?

Craftsman
    A few pics of my watch on different straps.

1. On the "Patpong" Rolex bracelet

2. Eulit Panama 20mm Perlon in brown

3. Phoenix NATO Speedway strap :

PRS-25 Everest 36mm update

not bad either ...
    Last edited by Stuart; 10th January 2019 at 00:24.

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=459GMB;4989067]A few pics of my watch on different straps.

1. On the "Patpong" Rolex bracelet

For me this looks amazing!

Apprentice

New Bracelet option

I clicked on purchasing this item. It did not work since Timefactors is on vacation. Then I noticed talk about a more suitable bracelet option and I was happy that my purchase did not go through. So I am hoping for options after the opening of the website.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
    I clicked on purchasing this item. It did not work since Timefactors is on vacation. Then I noticed talk about a more suitable bracelet option and I was happy that my purchase did not go through. So I am hoping for options after the opening of the website.
    I don't believe there is an ETA yet for a new bracelet...

IMHO there is no problem with the supplied bracelet. Obviously it does not suit all tastes but with my skinny 175mm/7" wrists i have not even considered changing it (quality solid links with easy screw adjusting and micro adjustable clasp) I had to take 4 links out to fit but it fits fine with no rattle.

Quote Originally Posted by brummie64 View Post
    IMHO there is no problem with the supplied bracelet. Obviously it does not suit all tastes but with my skinny 175mm/7" wrists i have not even considered changing it (quality solid links with easy screw adjusting and micro adjustable clasp) I had to take 4 links out to fit but it fits fine with no rattle.
    There's nothing wrong with any part of the bracelet. It's just that the clasp is too big in relation to the watch head and unbalances the combination. IMHO.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by brummie64 View Post
    Agreed; The bracelet is OK but the clasp does look too large and the tapering impacts the ideal symmetry. I think the watch is done well. I did not want it to be a replica of the Explorer. The design stands on its own merits.

Craftsman
    Agreed; The bracelet is OK but the clasp does look too large and the tapering impacts the ideal symmetry. I think the watch is done well. I did not want it to be a replica of the Explorer. The design stands on its own merits.
    Off the wrist the clasp looks too big, but on the wrist you really don't notice it, and the adjustable feature of the clasp is really good and really useful ... I have tried the watch on several other straps, but I always come back to the original bracelet.
    Last edited by 459GMB; 13th January 2019 at 18:52.

Two quick questions

Hi!! Any of you, lucky ones, who already has this beauty have tested it swiming or in the shower? Since it has screw down crown, It’s ok to wear the Everest in that kind of situations?

And the last one: tomorrow opens the shop, at what time? I live in Spain so... UK+1 for me.

Thanks!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio_Chacon View Post
    Hi!! Any of you, lucky ones, who already has this beauty have tested it swiming or in the shower? Since it has screw down crown, It’s ok to wear the Everest in that kind of situations?

And the last one: tomorrow opens the shop, at what time? I live in Spain so... UK+1 for me.

Thanks!!
    I've had mine in a shower, sauna and swimming pool. It also had the pleasure of accompanying me on a 100m fall down a red run in France. Still ticking beautifully ;)

Thanks!!
    Tipically the shop opens at 07:30 UK time (so 8:30 for you in Spain), but you have to be very quick and reactive to put your order !

Tipically the shop opens at 07:30 UK time (so 8:30 for you in Spain), but you have to be very quick and reactive to put your order !
    Thanks! Let’s see if I’m fast enough...

Thanks!!
    Been swimming with mine - no problems

Craftsman
    Been wearing mine for the last week solidly - just under +2spd.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I got one!!

Baby is coming to Ibiza!! Thanks, Edie!!

Apprentice
    Just discovered the Everest and I'm very tempted by one. Only thing holding me back is the clasp and lack of taper.

Quote Originally Posted by robertocampbell View Post
    Just discovered the Everest and I'm very tempted by one. Only thing holding me back is the clasp and lack of taper.

The links taper to 18mm, but the clasp is 20mm outside measurement. It's also rather deep and IMHO too heavy for the watch head, so mine came straight off without being worn and the watch has been on various Natos since then. I'm waiting on the availability of an aftermarket rivetted bracelet from Eddie, tapering to 16mm, as the white dialled variant will be supplied on.
    F.T.F.A.

If you didn't wear it, how could you be sure it was too heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    If you didn't wear it, how could you be sure it was too heavy?
    Well, unless the clasp is made of some incredibly light steel like material, the sheer size of the clasp indicated to my experienced eye that it would be too weighty to balance nicely with the head. It also looks too large for the whole.
    F.T.F.A.