closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS-25 Everest 36mm update

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnmowerman78 View Post
    Order placed! Fingers crossed number 11 is making it’s way across the Atlantic to Tennessee in time for Christmas!

All the best,

Paul
    I didn't see any numbers with the order and doesn't seem to be a number on email?

Done.

I was under pressure there for a few minutes as it the site wouldn't accept my card - I hadn't clicked on the correct 'card type' field.

I struggle to walk and talk at this time in the morning never mind completing on line forms.

I have also to pulled the trigger on one of those bad boys. I had a bit of trouble with my card, so I hope the order has gone through OK.

My only reservation is the size of the new clasp relative to the watch head. But tbh I have already ordered fresh boots for this bad boy, as I'm not really a bracelet kind of a guy.

I had really hoped that the prs45 would be released in time for Christmas, but fate declared that this was not to be. I had one of the previous Everest and really like the simplicity of the watch - it was just too big however for my liking. I'm pretty excited about this one tbh, and that's coming from someone with a somewhat jaded horological palate.

Thanks Eddie and good luck with all the processing.

Have a nice Christmas everyone.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Ordered!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I didn't see any numbers with the order and doesn't seem to be a number on email?
    No number quoted on mine.

Order placed. :) Really excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock is going down fast. Eddie said that there were 220 in the first batch.... Not sure how many he put on the site this morning though.

Remaining stock is showing at 166 atm and going down fast. I think he said he'd accept 50 orders only at first to make sure that they arrived before Christmas

Oh good on then... why not

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I have also to pulled the trigger on one of those bad boys. I had a bit of trouble with my card, so I hope the order has gone through OK.

My only reservation is the size of the new clasp relative to the watch head. But tbh I have already ordered fresh boots for this bad boy, as I'm not really a bracelet kind of a guy.

I had really hoped that the prs45 would be released in time for Christmas, but fate declared that this was not to be. I had one of the previous Everest and really like the simplicity of the watch - it was just too big however for my liking. I'm pretty excited about this one tbh, and that's coming from someone with a somewhat jaded horological palate.

Good plan.

I have this waiting.....

Order placed...of course Visa denied it three times because It was “outside of my normal purchasing pattern”. Grrrr!
    I’m very excited for this Eddie. The pictures are amazing and I am sure don’t do the watch justice. I owned a 1016 for a couple of years, but just couldn’t get over wearing something that valuable on my wrist.
    This will be my first new TF Since the PRS-82.

Thank you for making this.

Craftsman
    Ordered one.

Hopefully will get before Xmas for a gift!

Craftsman
    And order placed...

Stock is going down fast. Eddie said that there were 220 in the first batch.... Not sure how many he put on the site this morning though.

Remaining stock is showing at 166 atm and going down fast. I think he said he'd accept 50 orders only at first to make sure that they arrived before Christmas
    How do you see the stock levels?

Craftsman
    And shop closed!

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    How do you see the stock levels?
    You can't now. The shop is shut. Adrenaline rush and triple espresso for Eddie this morning methinks.

PRS-25 Everest 36mm update

You can't now. The shop is shut. Adrenaline rush and triple espresso for Eddie this morning methinks.

Might need to stock up on espresso when the white one is released.

Snooze and you lose

Master
    A successful launch I would say.
    In Royal Mail's hands now.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    And shop closed!
    Wow, glad I set the alarm - well done Eddie!

Since I was ordering “from the gf” was v slow putting all her details in so adrenaline was going!

Craftsman
    Drat, tried to place an order for two at 07.15, couldn't, assumed it must open at 08.00 and shop locked up tight.

Oh well, roll on the 15/01/19.

Apprentice
    Walked the dog then went shopping. Too late

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Master
    Darn! Missed the first ferry...I may hang on for the polar version now. Congrats on another fantastic launch, Eddie.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Missed out. Had an alarm and everything. They sold very quickly. Any chance you want to open up and sell some more? :(

Ordered successfuly.... although I have the original, couldn't resist the 36mm

I was slow closing, I received 66 orders in 15 minutes and I estimated I could only ship 50 by the end of the week. A night shift may be necessary.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Well I was in bed slightly hungover. Oh well. Probably better for my wallet that I postpone till January.

Edit - and congrats Eddie for another success!

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I was slow closing, I received 66 orders in 15 minutes and I estimated I could only ship 50 by the end of the week. A night shift may be necessary.

Eddie
    Is that a record? I can imagine it is. Congratulations! It's my favourite piece by a country mile, and you've made some stunners to date.

Craftsman
    Eddie, I have looked but can't find it - did you say somewhere that these are numbered?

I've seen some comments from other forum members above which don't conclusively give an idea one way or the other. Not particularly fussed, just curious!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Christ almighty. I checked at 7:20 before leaving for work and the shop was still shut. Now I've missed the boat.
    I think the polite word for this is "Bugger!"

Master
    Congrats to Eddie and the first customers. A lovely watch I may get round to owning even if it similar to a couple of other ones I own.

It's got me wondering how many orders I would have received if I'd left ordering open longer. The only reason I closed early is so that I could get all orders out in time for Christmas.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I think you are right Dave, I thought that too, hopefully the white dial 36mm with the tapering bracelet will be more balanced and the bracelets could be retro fitted to the black dialled version if that makes sense... or on leather or Nato, anyway the watch is cracking it will not disappoint...

Gadget

There's a slim chance I could receive the PRS-45 by the end of December.

Eddie

Well done Eddie on another successful launch.
    I am holding out for the white version, which looks like it will be great.
    I am sure the white version will also by dubject to an early Tuesday rush as well.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    I think you are right Dave, I thought that too, hopefully the white dial 36mm with the tapering bracelet will be more balanced and the bracelets could be retro fitted to the black dialled version if that makes sense... or on leather or Nato, anyway the watch is cracking it will not disappoint...

Gadget
    I think the watch would look stunning on the right strap. I'm thinking handmade, brown, nice detail of contrast stitching next to the watch head, maybe a bit of grey nubuck or chestnut leather.

I think the watch would look stunning on the right strap. I'm thinking handmade, brown, nice detail of contrast stitching next to the watch head, maybe a bit of grey nubuck or chestnut leather.

I agree that brown is the colour required. UKWatchstraps have some from Rios and Fluco that I'm considering for this watch. There's also a safe bet that it'll be on a Haveston nato sometime too. In the meantime I'm going to clean up and treat a very patinated Rios Juchten that's had years of wear on my Damaskos, still loads of life left in this very hard wearing leather. Also the CS Titan 22mm, from TSS, in dark brown that's been my original Everest from day one will work well in 20mm version, will need to check the thickness though.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I agree that brown is the colour required. UKWatchstraps have some from Rios and Fluco that I'm considering for this watch. There's also a safe bet that it'll be on a Haveston nato sometime too. In the meantime I'm going to clean up and treat a very patinated Rios Juchten that's had years of wear on my Damaskos, still loads of life left in this very hard wearing leather. Also the CS Titan 22mm, from TSS, in dark brown that's been my original Everest from day one will work well in 20mm version, will need to check the thickness though.
    I think this watch has Haveston written all over it. Or the bracelet. For some reason never thought leather works but clearly I’m probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I think this watch has Haveston written all over it. Or the bracelet. For some reason never thought leather works but clearly I’m probably wrong.

Leather seems to work in a way with the 1016 design that it doesn't with the later 14270 onwards types. Not sure why.

Just like my original Everest, the bracelet will be off as soon as the wrapping is off the box. It'll be on leather or nato until the rivetted version is available (or not :-( ) . There's lots of 20mm rivetted bracelets out there, the challenge is finding a decent quality example, more so if a taper to 16mm is required.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Eddie, will there be a black dial version with the rivetted bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Leather seems to work in a way with the 1016 design that it doesn't with the later 14270 onwards types. Not sure why.

I think it's the utilitarian style of the watch that works well with leather, and also nato straps. The later models with applied indices are more in the jewellery sector. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    Well, Eddie is very busy packing.
    I have a parcel coming. Scheduled delivery tomorrow!

Eddie
    God bless you Eddie... you made 66 people very happy today

Looking forward to receiving a packet from you... whenever it arrives

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    God bless you Eddie... you made 66 people very happy today
    A fair few more than that I suspect, as Eddie said 66 orders were processed in the first 15 minutes, and it looks like it might have been nearer 30 minutes before he pulled the shutters down. (That's based on the timing of his post on here declaring it shut though, and there could have been a delay between shutting and posting.)

It would be interesting to know how many orders were accepted this morning but I suspect Eddie may have other priorities than the forum for a little while!

I think this watch has Haveston written all over it. .
    It actually has smiths written all over it.
    We love a few facts on tz

Haveston is a nice shout though. I have one knocking about somewhere that I've never used.

It's all about personal pref, leather I think would look nicer but I'll be going nato purely for practical reasons

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I think the honey brown hirsch liberty would also work well, thickness depending

Mines going on an Admiral Grey Phoenix Nato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    There's a slim chance I could receive the PRS-45 by the end of December.

Eddie
    Many Thanks for the update Eddie

Fingers crossed these will be available for the mid January reopening of the shop.

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas

Pete

Apprentice
    Oh my, lucky lucky me. It took me 15min to place the order because I had to try three different cards.

No the waiting begins....

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Well I got one. Can't wait.

The leather strap I want it on (WatchGecko Otley in brown with white stitching) is out of stock in 20mm at the moment but a couple of NATOs are waiting. Quite looking forward to wearing it on the bracelet, though, precisely because so few of my watches have them.

Thanks for doing this 36mm version, Eddie. Not been this excited about a watch in a long time, if ever.