closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: PRS-25 Everest 36mm update

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Engi View Post
    Upgraded movement, if any, proportioned hands and new oyster bracelet should be reflected also on the black dial model.
    By upgraded I just mean the dateless version of the 9015 the 9039.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by horror_logical View Post
    By upgraded I just mean the dateless version of the 9015 the 903

Will that make any difference to performance or anything else? Thinking of buying the current model

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzick3 View Post
    Will that make any difference to performance or anything else? Thinking of buying the current model
    Eddie said it is a dateless version of the miyota 9015, no performance difference from what i’ve heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzick3 View Post

I've wound mine manually through 48 hours and couldn't hear any change over in the movement at 12/24 hrs, there really won't be a problem with buying the current model. As far as the hands go, it's purely aesthetic and subjective. I've also owned the original 40mm model since it's release and never had a problem with that.
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman

I had my hands replaced, there is a big colour difference between them and the indices but they match the logo and outer most markings in colour.

I also tried to retro fit my sarb035 bracelet which worked surprisingly well the end links are a little loose I can’t notice anything once on my wrist.

I haven’t seen anyone else mention it in this thread but is the lume too green? I think white indices would make the watch look a lot better although lume isn’t important to me.

After doing this work just to get the intricacies of the watch how I want them it still seems a little out of whack a bit like a frankenwatch. If it is reissued with all these problems rectified I think I would get the reissue and gift my old one to a friend, If not i’d just keep it.

Sorry for a long whining post, just wanted to know if others felt the same way and what Eddie was thinking about the reissue.

Journeyman

Journeyman

The bracelet seems to work a treat, not sure if I could live with the different colour of the new hands perhaps they look less obvious in real life?
    I hope the new version will tick a few more boxes for you

14 May 2019.

Eddie, we will have bracelet done & received this Saturday and watch heads are assembled later tonight.
    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    14 May 2019.

Eddie

Is this referring also to the new version of the black dial PRS25 36mm, with adjusted hands ?
    Thanks

Master
    14 May 2019.

Eddie
    Or are these the white dial samples?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Can’t wait for some more updates!!

Is this referring also to the new version of the black dial PRS25 36mm, with adjusted hands ?
    Thanks
    This is primarily about the bracelet. If it's suitable, I will be ordering all 3 versions of the Everest and extra bracelets. I have very few of the 36mm blackdial Everest remaining now and expect to sell out well before the new stock is available.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by horror_logical View Post

I had my hands replaced, there is a big colour difference between them and the indices but they match the logo and outer most markings in colour.

I also tried to retro fit my sarb035 bracelet which worked surprisingly well the end links are a little loose I can’t notice anything once on my wrist.

I haven’t seen anyone else mention it in this thread but is the lume too green? I think white indices would make the watch look a lot better although lume isn’t important to me.

After doing this work just to get the intricacies of the watch how I want them it still seems a little out of whack a bit like a frankenwatch. If it is reissued with all these problems rectified I think I would get the reissue and gift my old one to a friend, If not i’d just keep it.

Sorry for a long whining post, just wanted to know if others felt the same way and what Eddie was thinking about the reissue.

I'd say everything about those hands is absolutely spot on (and a big improvement on the original) with the single exception of the lume colour. Have you thought of getting them re-lumed?

This is primarily about the bracelet. If it's suitable, I will be ordering all 3 versions of the Everest and extra bracelets. I have very few of the 36mm blackdial Everest remaining now and expect to sell out well before the new stock is available.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie for the clarification, so I assume that the new PRS25 36 mm black dial version will have also the resized minute and hour hands, in addition to the riveted oyster 20 ->16 mm bracelet.

We remain waiitnf for the picture of this new bracelet !

Craftsman

Eddie
    Is there a rough date for the availability of the new stock?

Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Is there a rough date for the availability of the new stock?
    No.

Eddie

Master
    Maybe there's an exact date, nut that's not what you asked!

I thought that it didn't have a date complication.

On second thoughts...………….

Apprentice
    1st post. Hi all :)

Just wanted to say thank you to our host for the truly excellent watch - incredibly well executed, with this indefinable gem like quality in the hand!

Luckily I already had the perfect bracelet for it.
    Cheers all.

Watch Addict In Recovery

Dear Eddie,
    any preview pictures of the 20 - 16 oyster riveted bracelet and clasp ?
    Thanks

Dear Eddie,
    any preview pictures of the 20 - 16 oyster riveted bracelet and clasp ?
    Thanks
    No.

Eddie

Apprentice

Saying hi

Hi there to all. New to the forum. I'm from Spain and recently got a second hand, but basically new, Smiths Everest PRS-25 36mm. Although I was doubting about the size, the watch is really growing on me. Hope to share some images soon as I like to take pictures. It's a great watch. Don't like the clasp of the bracelet much, but I'm using it with a nato and now with a leather strap. It's amazing watch and, btw, very accurate. As a matter of fact, from the automatics I have the most accurate one (-1,1 s a day).

I want to congratulate Eddie for his work. Really appreciate it. And most probably will end up buying another 36mm for my wife. Thanks to all. I've been reading the threads for a long time and your comments drove me to the clasy 36mm version.

Welcome here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oneras View Post
    Hi there to all. New to the forum. I'm from Spain and recently got a second hand, but basically new, Smiths Everest PRS-25 36mm. Although I was doubting about the size, the watch is really growing on me. Hope to share some images soon as I like to take pictures. It's a great watch. Don't like the clasp of the bracelet much, but I'm using it with a nato and now with a leather strap. It's amazing watch and, btw, very accurate. As a matter of fact, from the automatics I have the most accurate one (-1,1 s a day).

I want to congratulate Eddie for his work. Really appreciate it. And most probably will end up buying another 36mm for my wife. Thanks to all. I've been reading the threads for a long time and your comments drove me to the clasy 36mm version.
    Nice watch - well done 😎👍

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Nice watch - well done 
    Thanks a lot to all. Also want to clarify, the watch is runing +1,6.

Here a picture I took:

You can download larger sizes of the picture here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneras/47923257728/
    Last edited by oneras; 25th May 2019 at 15:20.

Apprentice

more pics

A couple more pictures:

Pure class!

What is that strap please?

Apprentice
    A couple more pictures:

Nice pictures Oneras, one question where did you get your watch? Im from Spain aswell but in the north west side. Thanks!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Pure class!

What is that strap please?
    Hi, thanks a lot. Yes, a very handsome combination. I got the strap through Amazon. It is a WOCCI 20mm brown with silver buckle. Hope this helps!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog1378 View Post
    Nice pictures Oneras, one question where did you get your watch? Im from Spain aswell but in the north west side. Thanks!
    Hi there y saludos (soy de San Sebastián, Guipúzcoa),

The watch appeared as second hand a couple of weeks ago in Chrono24 at a very reasonable price. It comes from a German gentleman who bought it in January this year and had almost no use. Nevertheless, on Tuesdays at around 8:30 local time Barcelona, you'll be able to find it for purchase it new on the Timefactors store: https://www.timefactors.com/prs25new36mm.htm

You must hurry up to get your unit as the store might open only for a while as you can read in this thread.