closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RMSD Brain fade

RMSD Brain fade

I posted a watch sold through Ebay yesterday using RMSD and it didnt turn up by 13.00 having been apparently incorrectly routed to Swindon (nowhere near the recipient address or on the route from here) and yesterday a watch was sent to me after an SC purchase, again using RMSD and it too failed to arrive - its also stuck in Swindon..So after years of 100% reliability two failures in 24 hours..it must be a busy Christmas or the PO have an IT problem to deal with.

Keith

I had a twitchy day and night 2 weeks ago after sending a watch via SD. It arrived the next day and I got my postage money back but still poor. My wife has informed me that 6 items she has sent in the past 6 months have also failed to be delivered on time.

Claim for your postage back. You'll get a cheque for the amount eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Claim for your postage back. You'll get a cheque for the amount eventually.
    Correct, I filed the claim on Wednesday when the watch arrived and on Saturday morning got the cheque. 3 days was pretty good, I remember it being weeks in the past.

Grand Master
    Royal Mail are overloaded at this time of year, they use temporary staff and these two factors will contribute to more errors etc.

I’ve used RMSD hundreds of times and only had one delay........that was at Christmas. I didn’t feel inclined to claim the money back, I thought about all the times I’d posted stuff on Fridays with no guarantee of Saturday delivery but each time they delivered OK.

I trust you folks who claim your money will donate it to a worthy cause?.....Provided the item gets where it should, I’ll cut them some slack occasionally and wouldn’t bother claiming. OK, technically they’ve let me down, but no-one’s perfect. If it happened frequently I’d take a different view.....let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Fundraiser sounds like the best place to put the refunds if its watch-related.

Walter, so rather than making a donation to the fundraiser with the money Royal Mail would have refunded you, instead you chose to do nothing and let them keep the money?

That doesn't quite follow with your incredibly preachy post.

Paul?
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Not preaching, merely putting forward an alternative viewpoint and challenging the moral entitlement to compensation.

If I’ve suffered financial loss I’d expect compensation but in the case of a RMSD delivery being late I haven’t lost anything and on that basis I don’t see the justification for getting money back.

What’s the motive for taking money off them, other than (possibly) making yourself feel better or having the smug satisfaction of having got the service for free?

As stated, use the on line claim form. I've had about 3 or 4 cheques this year. The items eventually turned up, just late - but more importantly free

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Not preaching, merely putting forward an alternative viewpoint and challenging the moral entitlement to compensation.

If I’ve suffered financial loss I’d expect compensation but in the case of a RMSD delivery being late I haven’t lost anything and on that basis I don’t see the justification for getting money back.

What’s the motive for taking money off them, other than (possibly) making yourself feel better or having the smug satisfaction of having got the service for free?

How about not being provided with the service you have paid for (guaranteed delivery before 1pm)?

Royal Mail now works for shareholders rather than the public.
    You get what you vote for.

Stuff in berks /Oxfordshire does tend to go to Swindon. Having sent a few hundred over the past five years, I’ve never had a missing item but probably 1 in 20 delayed, typically it’s at times when delivery is critical ( ie needed before flight to Japan ) but overall a good reliable service. It’ll get there eventually I’m sure!!

RMSD Brain fade

A tracked 24 package that was due to be delivered to me at Kings Lynn went, for reasons god and the royal fail alone know, to Skegness. That’s an hour and a half in the wrong direction. I’m rather hoping it heads back this way before Friday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by messym; 11th December 2018 at 22:33.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by messym View Post
    A package that was due to be delivered to me at Kings Lynn went, for reasons god and the royal fail alone know, to Skegness. That’s an hour and a half in the wrong direction. I’m rather hoping it heads back this way before Friday!!

on it’s way to the North Pole? Sometimes we all make mistakes under pressure.

RMSD Brain fade

I wouldn’t mind if the Royal Mail tracking had updated itself some time after 5.07 this morning, perhaps to say “wrong county but don’t worry, being re directed”

I don’t blame the postie, I blame the system. As things stand, I have no idea where my delivery, my watches, are...

Last edited by messym; 11th December 2018 at 21:08.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post
    Stuff in berks /Oxfordshire does tend to go to Swindon. Having sent a few hundred over the past five years, I’ve never had a missing item but probably 1 in 20 delayed, typically it’s at times when delivery is critical ( ie needed before flight to Japan ) but overall a good reliable service. It’ll get there eventually I’m sure!!
    I think (assuming my memory is still good) that Oxford had a sorting office shut down a few years ago and deliveries were directed en route via Swindon which had a more up to date sorting facility.

Regards

Mick - retired postman pat.

RMSD Brain fade

Are you sure these arent’ in-transit updates, showing the package is at a sorting/routing centre?

You’re lucky to get refunds. I once sent something via US Postal Services “Priority Mail 2-day,” and it wasn’t delivered for 8 days. I went back to inquire and lodge a complaint, was informed, “We don’t guarantee two-day delivery, that’s just a ‘target.’” My answer: ”Well then, for a comparable cost, I’ll use FedEx in future, as they do guarantee the delivery time. Perhaps I’ll use USPS’ priority delivery again, but that’s not a promise, mind you, just a target.”
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 12th December 2018 at 17:02.

Master
    I’ve been waiting in all morning for a special delivery package that has not shown up. Doesn’t appear to have moved since it was dropped off at 6pm last night - apparently may have been missorted!

Their service is definitely on a downward trajectory

Master
    While these situations are frustrating, I cut a wee bit of slack at this time of year. Not a lot....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    I would do, but I have waited in all morning today and now I have to do the same tomorrow (which is not possible, so I hope it comes before 11am).

If they can’t provide a guaranteed service the week before Christmas, then they shouldn’t claim that they can and inconvenience others

Master
    And having spent 20 minutes on hold to them just now, I was told that they can’t track it any further - I just have to wait in tomorrow to see if it arrives. The tracking information conflicts with itself saying in one part that it has left one mail centre to go to my local one, but in another part says it is still sitting in the original mail centre since last night at 6pm

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    While these situations are frustrating, I cut a wee bit of slack at this time of year. Not a lot....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Me too! I posted 3 watches last week and all arrived next day without problems, although the tracking data for one didn’t update correctly; I thought it hadn’t been delivered then I received an e-mail from the recipient thanking me.

I package everything carefully using the RMSD grey envelopes, I double check the address and postcode, I check the cashier has entered the correct details when I get the receipt.

It amazes me how people send me stuff without the senders name and address clearly marked, this is the backstop if something can’t be delivered. Also surprises me how people rely on a paper label, if it gets wet the ink will smudge and the details are illegible, if I’m posting a box I cover the label in clear sellotape.

I do everything I reasonably can to ensure stuff gets where it should, so far I’ve never had a problem........but there’s always a first time!

Craftsman
    Royal Mail are overloaded at this time of year, they use temporary staff and these two factors will contribute to more errors etc.

I’ve used RMSD hundreds of times and only had one delay........that was at Christmas. I didn’t feel inclined to claim the money back, I thought about all the times I’d posted stuff on Fridays with no guarantee of Saturday delivery but each time they delivered OK.

I trust you folks who claim your money will donate it to a worthy cause?.....Provided the item gets where it should, I’ll cut them some slack occasionally and wouldn’t bother claiming. OK, technically they’ve let me down, but no-one’s perfect. If it happened frequently I’d take a different view.....let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Fundraiser sounds like the best place to put the refunds if its watch-related.
    What a lame attitude . You pay for a service and it fails so you have a duty to claim your postage fee back otherwise you would of just used Snail mail . I guess if they lost your parcel you’d be just shrugging your shoulders and taking it on the chin ?
    If more people bother to make a claim there is more chance of the service beefing up to avoid compensation payments for late delivery .
    If I want to donate to charity I’m inclined to do it for the right reasons not because I feel like I’ve achieved something for nothing which isn’t even the case here .

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    What a lame attitude . You pay for a service and it fails so you have a duty to claim your postage fee back otherwise you would of just used Snail mail . I guess if they lost your parcel you’d be just shrugging your shoulders and taking it on the chin ?
    If more people bother to make a claim there is more chance of the service beefing up to avoid compensation payments for late delivery .
    If I want to donate to charity I’m inclined to do it for the right reasons not because I feel like I’ve achieved something for nothing which isn’t even the case here .
    Don’t be so stupid, you know damned well I’d claim if a parcel got lost. You’re unable to take the points I made on board. I assume you achieve perfection in all you do? I certainly don’t despite my best efforts.

Nothing lame about my attitude, buddy. I use RMSD primarily for the security and insurance it offers, the next day delivery aspect is secondary and it’s my prerogative to cut them some slack if I choose to by not claiming needlessly. What irks me is the way folks brag about claiming their money back, that’s why I suggested they give the money to charity.

Hopefully I’ve explained this in simple enough terms for even you to grasp.

Craftsman
    Don’t be so stupid, you know damned well I’d claim if a parcel got lost. You’re unable to take the points I made on board. I assume you achieve perfection in all you do? I certainly don’t despite my best efforts.

Nothing lame about my attitude, buddy. I use RMSD primarily for the security and insurance it offers, the next day delivery aspect is secondary and it’s my prerogative to cut them some slack if I choose to by not claiming needlessly. What irks me is the way folks brag about claiming their money back, that’s why I suggested they give the money to charity.

Hopefully I’ve explained this in simple enough terms for even you to grasp.
    Well if folks are ‘ bragging’ as you put it about claiming their postage fees back then it only further justifies my comments in that it’s a service that surely needs improvement and sitting back and doing nothing more than promotes a care less attitude .
    I can grasp quite simple problems generally but I guess If I entrust a commercial operation to perform under their agreement in the future I shall take your lead and do nothing should they fail . Thanks for the advice !

Master
    Perhaps you would care to explain who provides a better service for the price?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Perhaps you would care to explain who provides a better service for the price?
    I guess you are asking me and I don’t think there is , it’s an extremely reliable service on the whole in my experience I was merely pointing out that if things are to improve generally then the service provider needs to know when things fail . By not claiming postage back the provider is then unaware of issues and they are unable to calculate true performance to improve , and as a PLC they have a duty to operate cost effectively etc.

Grand Master
    I think they already know when they've failed to meet a target, claiming the money back doesn`t change that. I also doubt whether it 'helps' them to improve, you can hit a donkey as hard as you like but it won`t outrun a racehorse. I suspect that the cost of getting a small improvement in their performance would involve disproportionate cost which would have to be passed on to the users.

Overall, it's a good service; other than getting a few grubby ponds back in your pocket I question the motive of claiming compensation for a package that fails to meet the 1 PM deadline. If it starts to happen frequently there's a problem, that's a different matter.

If Royal Mail discontinued this service where would we be?.....food for thought.

I posted a while back that an RMSD parcel I sent missed the promised delivery, as did one to my daughter a day or two later. I wondered if it was a common experience and it seems that it is, increasingly so.

I claimed the postage cost for mine, not least because it might encourage them to address any issues. I then kept the refund, and spent it on myself, probably. I feel guilty about all kinds of decisions, but not that one.

Received last week and sent this week via RMSD, both packages arrived as per their promise before 1pm.
    Another parcel arrived via RMSD this morning - 22.12.18
    Last edited by Topcat30093; 22nd December 2018 at 23:23. Reason: Updated post