closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Crown Derby - any knowledge?

Crown Derby - any knowledge?

My mother seems to have quite a bit of this and is possibly looking to sell off (there's a bit in a display cabinet and quite a bit in the loft). I've yet to establish exactly what she has, but it looks like the Imari pattern and from the couple pictures I've taken, dates from 1916 or 1930s.

I'm pretty clueless on this stuff, so just wondering where might be a good place for selling as a job lot (antiques dealers?) or as individual pieces (eBay?).

There's bound to be someone with some knowledge on here! Any suggestions much appreciated

Can upload the pictures I have if it helps.

An auction house might be a good shout, but a specific pottery type sale rather than one of those general type house clearance auctions. The problem with e-bay is posting the stuff. You could list it and insist on buyer collects.

A decent auction house should give you some advice, but names of individuals tends to drive prices more than the pottery company, think Clarence Cliff or Suzy Cooper for example.

Crown Derby is a big name, but it all depends on what your Mother has. Condition is also vital, anything damaged is worthless unless it is an extremely rare piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    An auction house might be a good shout, but a specific pottery type sale rather than one of those general type house clearance auctions. The problem with e-bay is posting the stuff. You could list it and insist on buyer collects.

A decent auction house should give you some advice, but names of individuals tends to drive prices more than the pottery company, think Clarence Cliff or Suzy Cooper for example.

Crown Derby is a big name, but it all depends on what your Mother has. Condition is also vital, anything damaged is worthless unless it is an extremely rare piece.
    Thanks for the advice Ken. I think I need to catalogue it with pictures to be able to get some feelers out there.