closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you getting your missus for Christmas?

Craftsman

What are you getting your missus for Christmas?

Need some ideas please :)

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    A new iron and a spiffy new apron. Possibly some new rubber gloves as well to go with the toilet cleaning kit I got her for our anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    A new iron and a spiffy new apron. Possibly some new rubber gloves as well to go with the toilet cleaning kit I got her for our anniversary.
    You spoil her too much

Ask Arthur Daley and Terry McCann...

https://youtu.be/b2vNzEEd59w

Master
    I told mine that I would pay for her to go to her sister in Miami in January. Sadly she interpreted this as meaning she should book a return ticket. Have also bought her a new mini ipad as her present one has slowed up to virtually a complete stop.

Master
    Something for the kitchen - you can’t get the staff these days.

Master
    May sound a bit boring or Bah humbug but we don't usually do 'big' gifts at Christmas, so nothing special here

Generally just a little something thoughtful.

A long running gift I do is a photo calendar with pictures/memories relating to the previous year i.e. a picture from January 2018 for January etc. this usually goes down well

in addition this year I have bought Mrs T. a book, Noel Fitzpatrick Supervet

and I've got her name engraved on the 'Man of Steel Heart' in aid of the British Heart Foundation

plus it wouldn't be Christmas without her box of Ferrero Raffaello

£60 all in

My Mrs has bought herself a ‘gravity blanket’ that apparently is her Christmas present from me. No, I had no idea what it was either. It sounded pretty cool until I looked it up, wasn’t as exciting as I hoped.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Datejust
    Hopefully just-a-date
    It's just a matter of time...

A new identity. Long story.

Master
    We generally just do token stuff like a diary, CD or novel to about £25. Then we get something for the house, this year it is new bedroom curtains (not to mention the 20k kitchen in January). Frankly we have more than enough stuff. Apart from a few CDs and a rain hat, my Christmas list this year, very deliberately, consisted entirely of stuff that could be drunk, eaten or used in the bathroom and wouldn't therefore become clutter.

Blog Entries
    We only buy some presents for the boys. Bike computer for the youngest and a sophisticated lunch-box & hotpot of the oldest (who's is health(y) food since he's going to the gym 5x week). My wife's b/day is coming up early January. I bought her a ring to match her grape-dial Rolex.

M

Frankly, very little. Some books and a couple of other things.

We decided a few months ago that we really don’t need or want anything really, so we are making some more charitable donations.

We are also seriously restricting the kids presents too. Daughter getting driving lessons, younger son science kits and a telescope.

Not claiming any moral high ground, but we’ve done the expensive gifts in the past and have no need for more at the moment.

Im really pushing the boat out this year- I'm getting her one of those padded covers for the ironing board.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Anal beads and a Coke spoon.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Im really pushing the boat out this year- I'm getting her one of those padded covers for the ironing board.
    Good call, my mrs could do with a new one.......might even treat her to a new iron too!

I’ve no idea what to buy her, but there’s a few sugestions on here that I hadn’t thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Anal beads and a Coke spoon.
    Don’t you mean new anal beads and a new coke spoon?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Belstaff Panther in antique brown. Size 56. If it doesn’t fit her, I’ll have it.

Craftsman
    Bought my wife a Longines diamond dot watch. I don’t really want or need nothing but she said I had to have something because I’d spent a lot of money on 'that stupid watch'. "Okay, I’ll have a new smart telly for the bedroom". She said "Okay, you order it in case I get it wrong”. So I did. And paid for it. And collected it! Well, it’s the thought that counts, isn’t it?

Master
    We’ve never really done presents, and won’t be this year either.

If I want / need something through the year, I go buy it. She does the same.

I always expect, and always receive, a calendar for the wall for my birthday (birthday is early January) and she enjoys finding very unusual (weird) ones.

“Goats in trees” 2015 was a particular highlight.

Glad We’re not the only couple who (after 22 years of marriage) are a bit ‘over’ the big Xmas spending thing. We’re by no means wealthy, but in a position where we have everything we ‘need’ and the stuff we want is just silly luxuries we can do without (and can’t justify financially or emotionally) our boys get nice presents but nothing silly. I overheard a recently married chap at work talking about Xmas presents and his wife appears to want branded handbag this, fancy bracelet that - I can’t imagine having to go through all that BS. My wife refuses to waste money on what she sees as tacky rubbish, even though I’ve bought it for her in the past it always ended up returned to the shop for a refund. Bought here a Rolex for her 40th, it got returned and she chose a Tiffany silver necklace which cost about £100 instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 2018 and the message should read - What are you getting your partner person for the season holiday?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    She’s already got an IPad, Iphone, IPod and IMac

So I’m gonna complete the set.

Bought her an IRon

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    It's 2018 and the message should read - What are you getting your person for the season holiday?

����*♂️

A clue.

4 nights in Bruges next week
    And a few Christmas beers

Blog Entries
    Very little some Cd’s and a Kindle paperwhite we are blessed with more crap than you can shake a stick at but did buy her a Chopard bracelet a couple of Months ago.

Happy holidays

Master
    We are not buying anything for each other this year. We had a family holiday to Thailand in November so that pretty much wiped out our Christmas.
    We’ll get the kids what they have asked for (within reason) but nothing for each other.

Nothing. Neither of us want anything. Quite glad really as it's her 40th birthday in January.

Last year we just used some of the gift money and booked a weekend away in Paris for January, can see us doing more stuff like that in the future.

I'm told not to worry about it until that handbag drops below £650 in the sales. Aye right oh love

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Spending a decent amount of money on a full length drover coat for walking the dogs in. She keeps buying cheap ones that don’t cut the mustard and moaning about them!

Ear rings and slippers

Alex is my usual go to guy for the missus as she’s mad for diamonds. But this year I walked into Tarratts for a Speedmaster insurance valuation and walked out with this for her.

I gave it to her early as we’ve moved to Vietnam and I didn’t want the hassle of concealing it from her as we travelled.

Looking for her first rolex dj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottle of perfume always goes down well? Especially if, like my wife, yours has the tendency to kick up a little towards the end of the day.

We normally organise experiences/holidays/weekends away for each other thinking that each other's presence is better than presents. I'm taking her and the kids to Iceland in February to hopefully catch the northern lights so I ordered her some new snow/ice gear in the summer sales, to open for christmas. I always get "her" and the family National Trust membership for the year as well.

I think most people get things they need/want when they need/want them, throughout the year. We're on this planet for a short time and I'd rather spend a day at a museum/zip-lining/co-steering/drinking coffee somewhere, with the person than opening a gift I'll forget they got for me, by February.

We both have a limit of £20 on presents for Christmas - neither of us need any stuff.

A limit actually makes it more fun that simply splashing cash.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why do you want ideas for what to get MY missus ? How much are you planning on spending on her ?

#savesmeajob

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

Saucepans - seriously!

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

What are you getting your missus for Christmas?

Radley handbag & purse, Cartier perfume, and something shiny from Tiffany&Co 'from the baby'

Range Rover Velar

A second hand book on Sheep Keeping.

Last year it was floodlighting and new guttering for her stables and a table lamp for the sitting room (which was a joint present to myself too).

We both have everything we want, so presents at one particular time of year seem a bit pointless.

Craftsman
    Like many here, we both have everything we need and most of what we want, so we don't really bother with presents preferring to put that money into the holiday fund.

I e bought her a table tennis table. One that’ll sit atop out kitchen dining table.

I’ve always wanted a TT table at home. Can wait to play with my her gift.

New wellies and a torch, it can get really boggy putting the bins out on these cold wet mornings in the dark. ;-)

Master
    We’ve had a rubbish year so we’ve gone a bit overboard for Xmas to try and make some new happy memories in the wake of it all. Then she got her work rota and is working both Xmas and Boxing Day. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    New wellies and a torch, it can get really boggy putting the bins out on these cold wet mornings in the dark. ;-)
    Wellies and a torch on dark, wet and nipply mornings.. Noice
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Wellies and a torch on dark, wet and nipply mornings.. Noice
    Funnily enough, I’ve bought my wife one of these... she’ll be glad of it when dealing with the horses in the dark..

http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-th3...able-headlamp/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    A new identity. Long story.
    Mmm. You do know that I know where you live....😈😈