closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Prince Chronograph Bracelet recommendations

Master

Tudor Prince Chronograph Bracelet recommendations

Just purchased a Tudor Prince 79280 and it has a Jubilee fitted-

Can anyone recommend a good quality Oyster Bracelet? Would buy the Tudor one if I could find something half sensible price wise, alternatively something good quality aftermarket may do the job.....

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
    Rob

Craftsman
    Hi Rob,

I’ve tried a few aftermarket bracelets on my 79280p and have never found one that fitted properly. For some reason they never get the end links right and after a few attempts I gave up.

Hopefully, someone out there has had more luck and can point you (and me) in the right direction.

They wear nicely on an Erika’s MN. Also nice on leather, especially if you can pick the Tudor end links that go with the leather strap (I managed to find some NOS on eBay).

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Leigh appreciate the heads up- I've already spent more than enough time googling it :-( hopefully something will turn up. It already looks good on its jubilee but think it's crying out for an Oyster Bracelet- I'll have a look at one of the Erikas, thanks for the advice.

Apprentice
    I thought I would bump this thread vs starting a new one. Has anyone tried one of these bracelets for their Tudor chronograph?

https://www.strapcode.com/collection...er-chronograph

To me, the endlinks look very odd and they seem to extend much further out than the factory Tudor jubilee bracelet.

I've got 2 Tudor 792xx chronos. One is on a bracelet, the other (steel/gold) is on the leather strap with the deployant. I know finding a steel/gold bracelet is impossible as they were never made, but I'm trying to find a reasonably priced aftermarket option.

If anyone has found any aftermarket leather straps that are 20mm x 16mm and fit under the removable endlinks as well as fit the Tudor chronograph, I would like to hear what you are using. The Tudor straps are still available from Rolex in Canada but they are very expensive. Most aftermarket straps don't seem to fit under the removable endlinks as it's a tight fit. The only strap I've found that works is the Hirsch Livingstone, but they were discontinued many years ago.

Finally, thanks for letting me join your forum. Although I was born in the UK (Chester) I have lived in Canada for 42 years and currently reside in Calgary, Alberta. I've been collecting watches for close to 25 years and have been a member of the other Timezone website since the late 90's and on WUS since the early 2000's. I have managed to get my collection down to a Speedy pro, 2 x Tudor Chronos and a Tudor Hydronaut. I've been reading this site for many years as a guest as there tends to be more Tudor content than the other websites out there, probably because Tudors were not sold in Canada for many years during the late 90's and early 2000's.

James

I'm unsure if this will be helpful but I had a Tudor 79280 years ago that came with a jubilee bracelet. I changed the jubilee to a Tudor 78500 oyster with Tudor 605 end links and it fit perfectly. Perhaps you could use 605 end links on a generic bracelet? I sold the watch 8 or 10 years ago so I no longer have the end links and cannot supply anymore info other than the number.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I'm unsure if this will be helpful but I had a Tudor 79280 years ago that came with a jubilee bracelet. I changed the jubilee to a Tudor 78500 oyster with Tudor 605 end links and it fit perfectly. Perhaps you could use 605 end links on a generic bracelet? I sold the watch 8 or 10 years ago so I no longer have the end links and cannot supply anymore info other than the number.
    Thanks for that information. I did investigate some options using the 605 endlinks. The problem is, they have become quite expensive. At some point, I may just have to purchase a new jubilee from the Rolex dealer while they are still available.