closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of the Collection

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Good work there Scott. I like your taste. I can see why you might want to offload a few though :)) :

What's the funny square round thing, top left, bottom picture?
    Cheers Dave.

That’s the BMW Z Watch, made by Ventura - it’s an Auto/rotor Powered digital.
    It's just a matter of time...

That's what I call Collection!
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Great collection and nice diversity.
    The one that stands out for me is that bimetal Seamaster-it has never crossed my mind before.
    The picture of the SLA017 unfortunately doesn't show it at its best angle as the dome on it looks fantastic when caught in the light but you would be there all day trying to catch each of these in their best pose.
    Lovely pieces.

Craftsman
    My word, imagine you good but a few nice houses with that collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rossmore10 View Post
    My word, imagine you good but a few nice houses with that collection!

If it's in a nice country, I'll keep 2-3 and go for it 😁👍;)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The one that stands out for me is that bimetal Seamaster-it has never crossed my mind before.
    The picture of the SLA017 unfortunately doesn't show it at its best angle as the dome on it looks fantastic when caught in the light but you would be there all day trying to catch each of these in their best pose.
    Lovely pieces.
    SLA017 is lovely, but I've no idea how you'd get a decent pic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Lovely pieces.
    SLA017 is lovely, but I've no idea how you'd get a decent pic

Master
    Scott, you're out of control... LOL.

And your idea of reduction doesn't sound very radical. I have to say that I'm now of the view that any more than 10 is too many. I'm on 9 at the moment, and do have my eye on a couple of others, but they would require some sales to cover.

When I've done my downsizing over the years I go through a process of this or that, this or that and on and on until I've got them all in order. Following this I then started to sell with those bottom of the latest and then get one roll and keep going... Gone on, give it a go, it's addictive.

PS on the subject of addictive, how much have you flirted with Panerai? Dangerous for those of us with a mildly addictive nature... I recommend it ;)

It would be super to see a collage of your entire 'global' collection some time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That is nuts!!!

You have done well not to consolidate

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    Scott, you're out of control... LOL.

And your idea of reduction doesn't sound very radical. I have to say that I'm now of the view that any more than 10 is too many. I'm on 9 at the moment, and do have my eye on a couple of others, but they would require some sales to cover.

When I've done my downsizing over the years I go through a process of this or that, this or that and on and on until I've got them all in order. Following this I then started to sell with those bottom of the latest and then get one roll and keep going... Gone on, give it a go, it's addictive.

PS on the subject of addictive, how much have you flirted with Panerai? Dangerous for those of us with a mildly addictive nature... I recommend it ;)

It would be super to see a collage of your entire 'global' collection some time.
    I know!

I blame this place!

I’ve been lucky to stay away from Panerai - but there are a few models I do really like. I dislike their patented crown guard, so that rules out a lot of models thankfully :)

I can’t help trying out watches, brands or models that I like the look of. I wish I was better like some of the flippers; selling to fund the next acquisition, but I generally find selling things, any things, a hassle.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 8th December 2018 at 18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    That is nuts!!!

You have done well not to consolidate
    I love your collection! With just a few of my current favourite Rolex and Omega watches added, I could be more than happy with that.

Amazing collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I I generally find selling things, any things, a hassle.
    Congratuations on a very nice collection. I have ten good watches, acquired very gradually over two decades. Fortunately (by design) I still like and wear them all and don't want to sell any. I have my sights set on a couple of others, a Moser PC or Endeavour, and an FPJ chronometer but patience is a virtue, and I'm going to save for them.

Master
    That is a lot of great watches!

What collection. A collection of collections? Pulling those boxes out of the safe in the morning would give me anxiety!

Master
    ... I generally find selling things, any things, a hassle.
    Hear, hear. You have a wonderful collection, as others have said, enjoy in good health.

I can entirely relate to your choices and it's interesting to read about the experiences of forum members such as yourself who've had the opportunity to try many brands, yet gravitate back to certain tried-and-trusted brands that just *work* for them.

I can also completely relate to your sales sentiment. Whilst my collection is nowhere near as valuable as yours, there are a few which aren't getting wrist-time these days that I should probably move on, but the sales process isn't something I enjoy at all. The buying process however, always seems a great deal easier!

Inked
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What collection. A collection of collections? Pulling those boxes out of the safe in the morning would give me anxiety!
    Why the anxiety - the majority are locked away at any one time, apart from quick badly taken pics like those above.

Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    Hear, hear. You have a wonderful collection, as others have said, enjoy in good health.

I can entirely relate to your choices and it's interesting to read about the experiences of forum members such as yourself who've had the opportunity to try many brands, yet gravitate back to certain tried-and-trusted brands that just *work* for them.

I can also completely relate to your sales sentiment. Whilst my collection is nowhere near as valuable as yours, there are a few which aren't getting wrist-time these days that I should probably move on, but the sales process isn't something I enjoy at all. The buying process however, always seems a great deal easier!
    Thanks. Yes, I’ve always come back to Rolex and Omega as faithful stops - they offer 75%+ of what I’m looking for in my enthusiasm for watches - the others fill the gap. I’ll always try out other brands to get a feel for them. I’m currently trying a for Certina for example - very good for the money. I found Ball watches very well made for the sale prices, much better than the likes of Oris etc. for me at least. Tried quite a few Rado, and many many other brands from Cartier to Zenith - but always come back to my comfort zone.

I’ve the 5167 Patek on order, but love the slightly larger blue dialled version - maybe a little too high a price for me though.

I’d love to add a black dial steel Sky-Dweller, new Sea-Dweller, and the coloured GMTs.

Omega, I’d like a racing dial MKII, and the Ultraman.

So along with the Tudor GMT, I think I have enough targets for acquisition - so will need to look at what would go in exchange though.

Craftsman
    Thanks. Yes, I’ve always come back to Rolex and Omega as faithful stops - they offer 75%+ of what I’m looking for in my enthusiasm for watches - the others fill the gap. I’ll always try out other brands to get a feel for them. I’m currently trying a for Certina for example - very good for the money. I found Ball watches very well made for the sale prices, much better than the likes of Oris etc. for me at least. Tried quite a few Rado, and many many other brands from Cartier to Zenith - but always come back to my comfort zone.

I’ve the 5167 Patek on order, but love the slightly larger blue dialled version - maybe a little too high a price for me though.

I’d love to add a black dial steel Sky-Dweller, new Sea-Dweller, and the coloured GMTs.

Omega, I’d like a racing dial MKII, and the Ultraman.

So along with the Tudor GMT, I think I have enough targets for acquisition - so will need to look at what would go in exchange though.
    You are a true Connoisseur.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 9th December 2018 at 17:58.

Master
    This is a stunning collection - I don’t think I’d even be able to start thinking about when to wear what!

Grand Master
    Interesing to see a bi-metal mid-90s Seamaster 120 in the collection, I had one of these myself several years ago. Adds a bit of diversity!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Interesing to see a bi-metal mid-90s Seamaster 120 in the collection, I had one of these myself several years ago. Adds a bit of diversity!
    I really like it, but then I do like Omega watches of that / my era more than some of the older more classic models/movements - but I would consider a full 18k Day Date as a good alternative, and may make that swap at some stage.

Congratulations sir, a wonderful collection.

I would agree you do need a BPFF and poss even a Breguet XX.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    WOW what a stunning collection you have.

Crazy collection. Congratulations!

I'm particularly interested in seeing that SteelFish GMT. Do you have closeup pics? That's a rarely seen model.

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    Crazy collection. Congratulations!

I'm particularly interested in seeing that SteelFish GMT. Do you have closeup pics? That's a rarely seen model.
    I think it’s one of the watches that I’ve left out of the safe - but I’ll need to pick it up at the weekend to take pics - but don’t hold out for anything special, I’m not remotely skilled with a camera.

I think it’s one of the watches that I’ve left out of the safe - but I’ll need to pick it up at the weekend to take pics - but don’t hold out for anything special, I’m not remotely skilled with a camera.
    No problem.

How many of those were produced? I actually wrote my review of this model without even knowing this GMT model existed. I added it to the text.
    https://luxurywatches635.wordpress.c...watch-reviews/

Very nice indeed

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    No problem.

How many of those were produced? I actually wrote my review of this model without even knowing this GMT model existed. I added it to the text.
    https://luxurywatches635.wordpress.c...watch-reviews/
    100 in blue from Breitling - but there were also 2 other colours using the GMT as a base for a retailer, so 100 in blue and I think the same in Black and White - if you can find them.

Craftsman
    I'll just add another "Wow" to those above. What a superb collection. Can't see me ever getting to that kind of level but I admire your dedication to the hobby.

Saddly (for me!) I only saw one watch in common with the few that I've collected so far, and that's the Speedbird GMT. I've been thinking in recent days how much I enjoy wearing mine and really admiring the no-nonsense quality feel that it has, especially given the price. Being fairly new to this game I was wondering if it was just due to my first exposure to a half decent tool watch, but seeing one in amongst a collection like this makes me realise that perhaps it's not just me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Great to see what this collecting malarkey looks like when it's done properly!

Quote Originally Posted by boywithabubblegun View Post

I only saw one watch in common with the few that I've collected so far, and that's the Speedbird GMT. I've been thinking in recent days how much I enjoy wearing mine and really admiring the no-nonsense quality feel that it has, especially given the price. Being fairly new to this game I was wondering if it was just due to my first exposure to a half decent tool watch, but seeing one in amongst a collection like this makes me realise that perhaps it's not just me
    The Speedbird GMT is worn more than most - it’s an excellent watch, and just looks and feels right to me. I’ve bought 4 of them! Two are now in Oz, one with a very good friend, and the only with my partners father - can’t remember what happened to the other one ;)