closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody fancy some NOS Rolex Xmas goodies?

Master

Anybody fancy some NOS Rolex Xmas goodies?

A couple of NOS Rolexes available at The Old Watch Shop

http://www.theoldwatchshop.com/rolex.html

Am I blind or is there no prices shown for Daytona and Sub ?

Master
    Correct - assume loadsamoney

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I read the subject title as "free Rolex Xmas goodies" and nearly choked on my chocolate Minstrel!

(£15.5k and £7.5k for the curious)

MW

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wood View Post

MW

Craftsman
    I read it as "Free" also !!

Master
    I read the subject title as "free Rolex Xmas goodies" and nearly choked on my chocolate Minstrel!

MW
    Well if you're offering Mike, that's very kind

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Master
    £7.5k for the 16610 is quite keen in my opinion, given what used examples are fetching.

Some of the watches don't have prices which has always been a bit frustrating. You have to email to find out...bit of hassle for both parties especially if you instantly decide that due to the price you're not interested.....

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    £7.5k for the 16610 is quite keen in my opinion, given what used examples are fetching.
    Indeed.My problem is I don't think could resist temptation to open the package which would sort of defeat the purpose.

Very nice, should have the full set mint condition brigade wetting themselves

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Some of the watches don't have prices which has always been a bit frustrating. You have to email to find out...bit of hassle for both parties especially if you instantly decide that due to the price you're not interested.....
    TZ-UK mobile app
    Quite agree, and I don't like doing it. Unfortunately listing some big ticket items on the website does attract the wrong sort of attention, and we've already had one armed robbery on a jewellers shop in Southport this week...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    My problem is I don't think could resist temptation to open the package which would sort of defeat the purpose.
    It's at a premium because it is a new-old-stock set, and sadly the perfect investment piece for somebody to tuck away for the future...

Quite agree, and I don't like doing it. Unfortunately listing some big ticket items on the website does attract the wrong sort of attention, and we've already had one armed robbery on a jewellers shop in Southport this week...

How about detailing the price, but state viewing by arrangement as the watch is stored elsewhere - which you often see on some websites.

Thanks for the explanation Mike for doing this.However advertising Rolex watches and not showing the price won't put them off - it's one of the most recognised brands out there.

Craftsman

Sorry to hear that Mike, I hope all is well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Mike for doing this.However advertising Rolex watches and not showing the price won't put them off - it's one of the most recognised brands out there.

The robbers or speculators?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The robbers or speculators?
    There is an easy solution to speculators which every dealer uses - keep the warranty card! An earlier post mentions keeping the watches elsewhere - I suppose this could help to a certain point.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Master
    Wonder how he came about them? cant be many unopened ones about unless the 'waiting-list' didn't get attended to. So is it better to leave them unopened if you are a collector? I have just read Mike's replies

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Wonder how he came about them? cant be many unopened ones about unless the 'waiting-list' didn't get attended to. So is it better to leave them unopened if you are a collector? Just read Mike replies
    The best way is to pay for the watch then leave it at the AD.You can arrange to view the watch and get an update to how much value it has increased. This gives an option to the dealer who can display the watch in the window and sarcastically tell people it's sold and no you can't get on the "list".

Last edited by amcneill; 7th December 2018 at 16:27.

Master
    So really the Patek slogan - 'You never own one' would be correct. We could have a whip-round, buy them collectively and arrange trips to Southport where Mr. Wood will allow us to view our watches (from behind a rope) and he could provide light refreshments.

Blog Entries
    So really the Patek slogan - 'You never own one' would be correct. We could have a whip-round, buy them collectively and arrange trips to Southport where Mr. Wood will allow us to view our watches (from behind a rope) and he could provide light refreshments.
    You have it wrong. We would all have to be interviewed by the CEO to see if we were suitable to be owning such products. Only then could we be availed of our cash.

Wonder how he came about them? cant be many unopened ones about unless the 'waiting-list' didn't get attended to.
    He owned an authorised Rolex dealership (now enjoying a happy retirement!).

So is it better to leave them unopened if you are a collector?
    If you can afford to, yes.

MW

Master
    With all due respect to Mike here(He's one of the good guys)
    I would like to purchase that Daytona and could about manage but would see no point in owning one to sit looking at it in a watch box.
    Much rather buy a worn one with a few dents that I could wear without worrying and enjoy it how it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    With all due respect to Mike here(He's one of the good guys)
    I would like to purchase that Daytona and could about manage but would see no point in owning one to sit looking at it in a watch box.
    Much rather buy a worn one with a few dents that I could wear without worrying and enjoy it how it was meant to be.
    Agreed... but that's an entire thread in itself.