closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hats off to Dualit!

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Hats off to Dualit!

A couple of years ago we bought a big shiny chrome CVJK13 Dualit kettle.(Did I mention it was very shiny?) It was over a hundred quid which is bloody dear for a kettle but we already had the Dualit shiny chrome 4 slice toaster which had impressed us so the kettle was a natural move.
    Last week I noticed a sliver of clear plastic in the bottom of the kettle and upon inspection found that the transparent water level sight inserts had started to craze quite badly and that is where the sliver of plastic had detached from. I took it out of use as not knowing if the inserts were on the point of failing, it seemed dangerous to continue using it.
    Bit miffed about this given the kettle cost but as it was two years old and out of warranty, I just gave Dualit a fat mental demerit and bought another kettle(as you do). I decided to send Dualit a email grumble and got a fast reply back asking for a pic of the sight insert on the kettle. I sent this off and they replied back ‘We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy and thanks for the pic. Please pack the old kettle in a box and our courier will swap it for a brand new one on a day of your choosing with our compliments and apology’.
    Well, new beastie arrived yesterday as promised and ‘Wow!’ What first-class customer service from Dualit!
    Last edited by KavKav; 7th December 2018 at 08:41.