closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies watches - mid sized & better than a tag!

Journeyman

Ladies watches - mid sized & better than a tag!

Hi all

My wife is looking for a new watch, I've encouraged her to consider smaller gents models, she is also looking at 32-35mm women's tag models, eg

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heu...tz/p/17381392/

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heu...ch/p/17381484/

Suggestions for nicer/better alternatives please?

Not constrained by budget (within reason) but I don't think £1600 for a quarts ladies sized tag is good value - or if it is i need to find a 'grey' one somewhere for significant discount.

thanks in advace

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by eastsider View Post
    Hi all

My wife is looking for a new watch, I've encouraged her to consider smaller gents models, she is also looking at 32-35mm women's tag models, eg

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heu...tz/p/17381392/

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heu...ch/p/17381484/

Suggestions for nicer/better alternatives please?

Not constrained by budget (within reason) but I don't think £1600 for a quarts ladies sized tag is good value - or if it is i need to find a 'grey' one somewhere for significant discount.

thanks in advace
    I was having a look for my other half in the Tissot store the other day, had some very nice pieces.

A lot cheaper than Tag obviously, but I thought they seemed good value.

Not sure if this is hellful to you but my elegant girlfriend loves the Cartier Tank. I've not seriously looked at them yet but I think they are quite a bit more expensive than your Tag option.

I second a preowned Cartier or a quartz Reverso.

My wife is not interested in a mechanical watch, but loves the look and heritage of the JLC

Edit... if you can convince her of the dark arts of a hand wound movement, then a smaller NOMOS is a similar budget to the TAG and streets ahead in credibility.
    Last edited by carryondentist; 12th December 2018 at 16:46.

Master
    My wife has a Tank Solo, a midsize SMP and an Omega De Ville (amongst others) but tends to wear her Apple Watch most of the time!

Journeyman
    I was looking at a mans Tag Aquaracer last week and was really impressed. Athough not getting much love here, I thought the finish and feel of the piece was good. Having said that, I also tried the Oris Aquis which IMHO had a better quality feel. I also really liked the various selection of coloured dials available. If she is looking at the Aquaracer then then the Oris would be a good alternative and there are smaller sizes available.
    Last edited by Robert189598; 12th December 2018 at 17:04.

Master
    Omega Aqua Terra, 28MM?

I got my Dorris a "Bond" Seamaster mid size, i think they are 36mm and she loves it. It's also robust enough to take thje knocks a working florist gives it. under £1k second hand

Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    I got my Dorris a "Bond" Seamaster mid size, i think they are 36mm and she loves it. It's also robust enough to take thje knocks a working florist gives it. under £1k second hand
    Did the same 9 years ago for her ‘significant’ birthday - mid size SMP. Was taking a chance as she had never owned or had worn a sports dive watch on a bracelet before, but she absolutely loved it, the weight and the presence was a winner!

Er, you’re not a skydiver by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk