closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vacheron constantin

Vacheron constantin

Not knowing anything about this lm assuming this is fake?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907-Vach...5c5f%7Ciid%3A1

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Your instincts serve you well sir.

Similar to the watch discussed in this thread:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...a-punt-on-this
    ______

​Jim.

I don't know why but eBay is full of big name watches, but in a style that the named manufacturer has never made, being sold from Ukraine. They do so some very nice looking ones, but still very obvious franken-mish-mash-messes

Wouldn’t really call these fakes. They are generally genuine vintage pocket watch movements placed into new cases and converted to wrist watches. The sellers are open about what they are and, with the lack of demand for pocket watches, it’s probably better to see some of these classic movements being recycled rather than melted down as scrap. Not to my taste though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Wouldn’t really call these fakes. They are generally genuine vintage pocket watch movements placed into new cases and converted to wrist watches. The sellers are open about what they are and, with the lack of demand for pocket watches, it’s probably better to see some of these classic movements being recycled rather than melted down as scrap. Not to my taste though.
    Correct - not right to call it a fake if it is a genuine pocket watch movement and the seller has openly described it as a conversion.

Craftsman
    Hard to know if the movement is real. On the dial side some of the finishing looks just too rough to have been VC. The rear view looks nice though; finishing is good and the movement is signed Vacheron & Constantin which is historically correct. It looks like a nice bit of fun for a few hundred pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Correct - not right to call it a fake if it is a genuine pocket watch movement and the seller has openly described it as a conversion.
    They're often not genuine though. They're genuine pocket watch movements, but not genuine in terms of the manufacturer label put on them. I have no idea in this instance if it's a VC movement or not, just some others are definitely not.