closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Member,Can anyone help?

New Member,Can anyone help?

Hi Guys,
    I have just registered this minute so this is all new for me, I am a friend of "New Scuba's". I have a CWC G10 watch with no strap from 1989 un issued and a MWC copy of the CWC SBS divers watch. I am looking for a CWC SBS watch. Can anyone please tell me where i may find one (preferably new) for decent money? If so how much could i sell the other 2 watches for? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Dan.:)

Master
    Welcome to TZ-UK Dan. The CWC can be bought a few different places, but I would (like most everyone else here) recommend the PRS3 or PRS11. You can find them both here: http://www.timefactors.com/tfwatch.htm

PRS3 is quartz and upgraded specs from CWC SBS. PRS11 is auto.

The CWC can be had from Silverman's but at a premium.

Hope you enjoy yourself here. Have a look around. You'll find us very un-PC and very friendly. :D

DELETED

Welcome to the forum Dan, stick around and enjoy yourself.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Grand Master
    Welcome to the forum, Dan, and have a good time!

Crusader
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Re: New Member,Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Verge
    I have a CWC G10 watch with no strap from 1989 un issued and a MWC copy of the CWC SBS divers watch. I am looking for a CWC SBS watch. Can anyone please tell me where i may find one (preferably new) for decent money? If so how much could i sell the other 2 watches for? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi Dan and welcome to the forum. On top of my head I would say that you'll probably get under £100 for both of those watches ... at the end of the day you have to find buyers. Try the Sales Corner.

If you specifically want a CWC SBS (now that you have stopped playing with copies) then nothing will change your mind. But, if you are considering going further with watches then I would suggest a mechanical timepiece. It would give you more pleasure and for longer.

Military timepieces had to ?go quartz? for the obvious reasons but most people who are interested in watches tend to concentrate on slightly older mechanical models and if you check you will see that even CWC are offering mechanical versions of their military-issue quartz items to benefit from the growing mechanical market.

Historically, there have more or less always been civilian and military versions of the same watches with the civilian version being of better quality. I suggest that the PRS-11 will be a better long-term investment for you, both emotionally and financially.

Keep talking ... that?s a good start.

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Grand Master
    Sorry, can't help on that one, but welcome, Dan! :D

Ming

Re: New Member,Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Verge
    Hi Guys,
    I have just registered this minute so this is all new for me, I am a friend of "New Scuba's". I have a CWC G10 watch with no strap from 1989 un issued and a MWC copy of the CWC SBS divers watch. I am looking for a CWC SBS watch. Can anyone please tell me where i may find one (preferably new) for decent money? If so how much could i sell the other 2 watches for? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Welcome Soft Verge! the forums are a great place so keep posting and who knows you might pass Ming for posting :shock:
    The CWC G10 is a good watch and I would keep it and get a 20mm Nato strap off Eddie for it - perhaps use it as an every day beater? The MWC SBS is really not worth much £25? I would definately consider Eddies PRS5 which I have just purchased - this is a brilliant piece for £230 - and I guarantee you will be not disappointed (or with any of Edds other watches for that matter)

Enjoy yourself :wink:

Rod

DELETED

:D Thanks for the warm welcome and advise guys, i can see i am going to like it here. Jason, Soft Vege comes form a trip to the FIBUA village in SennyBridge. A group of lads in a truck, we saw the sign by the road side on top of the mountains that read Soft Verge, they took one look at me pi##ed themselves and it stuck. So i use it on the UKAN forum and thought i would bring it with me. M Schumacher! i despair with you mate :twisted:

Welcome to another Warringtonian...

where abouts are you? I'm up the top of the hill by the B&Q roundabout - with all the Cheshire residents on this forum - looks like an excuse for drinkies!!!

TTFN

Hi Mark, i am in Stockton Heath. Are you near the B&Q just off the M62?

Master
    Drinkies..........Drinkies.............You could at least invite me even if I do not come..............Really you guys you are always at it ..............You can tell I am jealous

Welcome SV from another new member from down under..............I wonder why the boys put up with me.

This is the best site......... and I know bugger all about watches

8)

Aww, c'mon clay, we love you! :shock: :P

And welcome, Dan, it's loads of fun here...