closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iOS 12.1.1 Available

iOS 12.1.1 Available

Well spotted, thanks

Craftsman
    I wonder if it fixes the issue I’m having where I can’t receive or make calls even although signal indicator shows 4 bars. It almost looks like the radio is frozen. A reboot cures but I’ve missed numerous calls and have had several calls failed notifications.

This is on a XS max with both an esim and physical sim installed.

Disappointing for a £1200 phone. Seems like I’m not the only one - loads of forums posts.

Jake
    Last edited by Jake; 7th December 2018 at 22:09. Reason: Typo correction

Master
    This should resolve my issue of not getting Wi-fi on the tube. I have had run 12.1.1 beta to keep this service.

It has resolved the issue of my iPhone 8 not connecting with my car Bluetooth.

Master
    This update gave us repeated unkown error fail then error 9 restore fail on a couple of our phones PITA. We don't use cloud.

It is the old apple issue with USB interface disconnects during their pathetic iTunes update RPCs

Hardware issues indeed - apple don'thalf put out some bull.

I recommend backing up your phone before starting the update if you are using itunes. Then you can fidget around and delete viruscanners background processes etc etc and eventually eliminate the USB disconnects issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    This update gave us repeated unkown error fail then error 9 restore fail on a couple of our phones PITA. We don't use cloud.

It is the old apple issue with USB interface disconnects during their pathetic iTunes update RPCs

Hardware issues indeed - apple don'thalf put out some bull.

I recommend backing up your phone before starting the update if you are using itunes. Then you can fidget around and delete viruscanners background processes etc etc and eventually eliminate the USB disconnects issue.
    After repeated firmware update failures when using iTunes I stopped doing it this way some years ago. I plug the iPhone/iPad/iPod into a charger and initiate the update via the device. Thankfully, I've never had a problem doing it this way.

The biggest issue I have now with Apple software is that Photostream stops working with my Windows 10 (v1809) PC with irritating regularity. I update, clear out the %appdata% | Apple Computer | MediaStream folder but as of typing this is still isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    After repeated firmware update failures when using iTunes I stopped doing it this way some years ago. I plug the iPhone/iPad/iPod into a charger and initiate the update via the device. Thankfully, I've never had a problem doing it this way.

The biggest issue I have now with Apple software is that Photostream stops working with my Windows 10 (v1809) PC with irritating regularity. I update, clear out the %appdata% | Apple Computer | MediaStream folder but as of typing this is still isn't working.
    There was a significant issue with iCloud sync for Windows which was fixed with the latest Windows update along with an update to the iCloud sync app.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18...october-update

Craftsman
    I saw that 12.1.2 was released last night. This one does mention esim so fingers crossed that it sorts my issue as the phone can’t be depended on (unless I do the airplane mode on/off several times during the day).

Another issue I noticed which i think is related to the esim implementation is that my default country in contacts is Ireland- not UK. Ireland is where the physical sim is issued from. I can’t find a way to set it back to UK. My language and region is set correctly as UK.

I’m starting to think that Apple have screwed up the dual sim implementation. Not good for a £1200 phone.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I wonder if it fixes the issue I’m having where I can’t receive or make calls even although signal indicator shows 4 bars. It almost looks like the radio is frozen. A reboot cures but I’ve missed numerous calls and have had several calls failed notifications.

This is on a XS max with both an esim and physical sim installed.

Disappointing for a £1200 phone. Seems like I’m not the only one - loads of forums posts.

Jake

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I saw that 12.1.2 was released last night. This one does mention esim so fingers crossed that it sorts my issue as the phone can’t be depended on (unless I do the airplane mode on/off several times during the day).

Another issue I noticed which i think is related to the esim implementation is that my default country in contacts is Ireland- not UK. Ireland is where the physical sim is issued from. I can’t find a way to set it back to UK. My language and region is set correctly as UK.

I’m starting to think that Apple have screwed up the dual sim implementation. Not good for a £1200 phone.

Jake

https://www.gottabemobile.com/ios-12-problems-5-things-you-need-to-know/

They are losing tight control and doing some very silly things.

Update failures are now quite a common occurence.

B

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thank you,downloading it now.

Installed 12.1.2 on my iPhone X. Despite it being listed as available for the iPad, it's not showing as available on the device itself or through iTunes. Not a big deal as it appears almost entirely concerned with eSIM issues on the XS, XS Max and XR phones.