closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Not safe as a seller receiving Paypal....i lost both watch, money and confidence....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    If the buyer was stood in front of them they could probably confirm that it was not him who collected the package.

I had a watch stolen not too long ago, The post office confirmed it was not the sender of the watch who was actually at the desk posting the watch, like the sender had said he had, it turned out to be a totally different person.
    So although I did not see the CCTV footage myself, the post office did confirm that it was a different person.
    The CCTV footage was also saved onto a memory stick by the post office for the police to view.

Persons intent on committing fraud would just send an associate to collect the item if CCTV is operating.

Mitch

Master

Not safe as a seller receiving Paypal....i lost both watch, money and confidence....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    If the buyer was stood in front of them they could probably confirm that it was not him who collected the package.

I had a watch stolen not too long ago, The post office confirmed it was not the sender of the watch who was actually at the desk posting the watch, like the sender had said he had, it turned out to be a totally different person.
    So although I did not see the CCTV footage myself, the post office did confirm that it was a different person.
    The CCTV footage was also saved onto a memory stick by the post office for the police to view.
    I understood that the buyer has contacted the RM and they have done nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Persons intent on committing fraud would just send an associate to collect the item if CCTV is operating.

Mitch
    Maybe wearing a mustache and fake glasses!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

Mitch
    Then the associate is committing fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Then the associate is committing fraud.
    You'd also need a driver for the getaway:

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    You'd also need a driver for the getaway:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Type-R-GT-2018
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

The good thing about these 256 posts is that you don’t have to read them all. Pick any 5 in a row - it’s been on repeat cycle for days now. Don’t think there’s anything new being said any more.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    The good thing about these 256 posts is that you don’t have to read them all. Pick any 5 in a row - it’s been on repeat cycle for days now. Don’t think there’s anything new being said any more.
    Absolutely true. I’ve bookmarked this thread because of reasons but it’s an infinite loop. I still don’t understand how shipping a parcel to the correct person and correct address and having the collection proof still leaves the seller with any responsibility. I can guarantee that you will never see me selling one single item in this forum (or anywhere else as a matter of fact) because I am the type of guy who just won’t sell his stuff. But even from a buyer’s scope, I would never ask refund from a seller if the parcel was lost on my end. The parcel wasn’t lost in transit, it is shown as delivered. How does anyone expects the seller to refund no questions asked?

You can go on and on about it being signed for and delivered but the basic facts are that it was either stolen by an RM employee or it was delivered to the wrong address and the later collected. In both cases I don’t see how it was delivered to the intended recipient, therefore in my eyes I’d be claiming on both this front and the fact that PayPal have it lodged as not described.

2 points of attack as far as the seller is concerned and I’m sure where able the buyer will help.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    You can go on and on about it being signed for and delivered but the basic facts are that it was either stolen by an RM employee or it was delivered to the wrong address and the later collected. In both cases I don’t see how it was delivered to the intended recipient, therefore in my eyes I’d be claiming on both this front and the fact that PayPal have it lodged as not described.

2 points of attack as far as the seller is concerned and I’m sure where able the buyer will help.
    Agreed but the buyer appears unwilling to do anything more to help.

Master
    Buyer sounds like wrong 'un. Just saying.

Not safe as a seller receiving Paypal....i lost both watch, money and confidence....

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    Got no dog in the fight and buyers reputation seems solid tbh. I do think he could still contact his CC company though to point out their False claim of “not as described” is causing an issue. I don’t think that’s asking too much really. Sellers behaviour (in particular the posting of buyers personal details) hasn’t done him any favours though. All very unfortunate, no winners here.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    We don’t know that for sure, the seller needs to pursue both lines/avenues and when needed ask the buyer to help/assist. Given what I’ve seen posted I can’t see why the buyer wouldn’t help.

To the seller, remove all of the buyers personal details where ever you have posted them,you’re doing yourself no favours by doing this.
    Last edited by IAmATeaf; 8th December 2018 at 13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    Strong words.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    I think that ship sailed 4 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Strong words.
    Seen stronger

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Agreed.. this clearly is a situation of “ifs”, and like any “if” situation, it can go on, in a circle, forever!

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    The buyer has admitted profiting from a credit card chargeback made under false pretences, so it is to be expected that doubts arise and remain.
    How did the buyer profited from this?? Trying to get his money back however he can, has become profiteering now??

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    So, if it turns out that your credit card company did indeed lodge a claim with PayPal for “item not described” and you find this out to be fact don’t you think you have a moral obligation to the seller to tell your credit card company (or PayPal) this isn’t the case and them filing the claim in such a manner is preventing him from being afforded his due seller protection?
    Don’t think so, simply because it might be standard procedure between this 2 companies (PayPal, and buyer’s CC company) to “label” such incident as “item not as described”.. we just don’t know! Working for a big company myself, I can tell, that there are simply not enough procedures, nor nomenclature, in this world to cover every possible scenario.

Lastly, I’d like to once again say (since we’re going in circles).. that, PayPal was a Seller’s choice.. he thought he was better protected that way?! Apparently not.. why should the buyer’s pay for somebody else’s choices?

As Gaby has said.. you can fight as much as you’re willing to.. there’s nothing more (realistically) that he can do.. but one thing is undeniable.. you got to leave personal information out of open forums!! It’s just wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scucivolo; 11th December 2018 at 02:49.

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    How did the buyer profited from this?? Trying to get his money back however he can, has become profiteering now??
    Perhaps English is not your first language?

Profiting and profiteering mean different things.

From what I understand, Credit Card companies would not cover any transactions paid through Paypal. Paypal has to cover it. There's a a clause in the Consumer Credit Act that needs the Credit Card Company to stand inbetween the buyer and seller as the only counterparty for you to have a claim.

Would have thought that this situation means that Paypal refunds the Monies to the Buyer.

And

Postage company refunds Insured Value of Goods to the Seller? If item wasn't insured to full value, still means for Postage Company to insured up to the limit that they had covered for, and seller will take the loss on the remaining.

Master

As Gaby has said.. you can fight as much as you’re willing to.. there’s nothing more (realistically) that he can do
    As has previously been stated at least 20 times, he SHOULD correct the basis of his claim from item not as described to item not received. That is the overwhelming verdict of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Perhaps English is not your first language?

Profiting and profiteering mean different things.
    No it isn’t, not even my second, my apologies.. but you get the point that I’m trying to make, right?

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    As has previously been stated at least 20 times, he SHOULD correct the basis of his claim from item not as described to item not received. That is the overwhelming verdict of the forum.
    As I said.. PayPal was a seller’s choice, not the buyer’s.. perhaps the buyer was not aware, of all the T’s&C’s involving the use of PayPal.. and given the circumstances he did what he thought was best/more effective.

Anyway, I’m not personally involved in this, and there’s nothing constructive that I can add to the conversation. I just wanted to say my opinion. I feel sorry for the seller, I hope he finds a way to win this battle.. against RM, not against the buyer.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Master

As I said.. PayPal was a seller’s choice, not the buyer’s.. perhaps the buyer was not aware, of all the T’s&C’s involving the use of PayPal.. and given the circumstances he did what he thought was best/more effective.

Using Paypal got the seller protection which was smart. What wasn't in the T&C's was that the buyer (or his credit card company) would file and be paid out on a claim that is factually incorrect. It seems the buyers position is now that he has his money so doesn't want to rock the boat by correcting this. In doing so he is stopping the seller from having any chance of getting his money back too which is what many of us have commented on.

Your English is great by the way!

Several posts have mentioned that private information is posted in a forum section that is public (anonymous users can view). I've previously mentioned that a Mod or Admin could move the threat to a private section at their discretion. Let me PM the admin with hat in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Several posts have mentioned that private information is posted in a forum section that is public (anonymous users can view). I've previously mentioned that a Mod or Admin could move the threat to a private section at their discretion. Let me PM the admin with hat in hand.

The only "Mod or Admin" here is the owner, and he's very busy at the moment. I really wouldn't bother.
    F.T.F.A.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    yep, just PM the mods/admin, they will be happy to help

m

It's been a while...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for that brainstorm.

Blog Entries
    So did you?

As said, there are no Mods or Admin here. Please go ahead and PM the forum owner Eddie. I think he would take appropriate action.

Journeyman
    it happened to often that the item gets delivered to neighbours or whatever. Couriers seem often sloppy to me, and tend to trust people in the same building.

Having said that, I would expect paypal to step in and throw money in the pit so to make everybody happy. If after all the item was delivered at the right address, certainly the seller kept his end of the bargain and insurance would have nothing to do with it. It would be too easy to scam sellers otherwise, no?

Master
    Royal Mail blatantly stole a package frome me, forged signature and all. But package was insured and in the end I could recoup almost all money through swedish Postnord who I originally paid postage and insurance to. They squirmed a bit though before paying.

Lesson learned, insurance is only somewhat reliable security a seller can have.

Im never sending anything of value to the UK ever again.