closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How much should I expect to pay for a used Tudor Black Bay?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

How much should I expect to pay for a used Tudor Black Bay?

Genuine question chaps and 'esses.

I tried a red BB on in Cambridge a few years ago when they were £2,300 new on a bracelet and really liked it. Now it seems they are at least £2k used and the early ones are more like £3k!

I was hoping to pick one up for about £1,600 but is this no longer realistic?

I should probably just buy a new one!

M

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeat View Post
    Genuine question chaps and 'esses.

I tried a red BB on in Cambridge a few years ago when they were £2,300 new on a bracelet and really liked it. Now it seems they are at least £2k used and the early ones are more like £3k!

I was hoping to pick one up for about £1,600 but is this no longer realistic?

I should probably just buy a new one!

M
    Great watch, for all they cost I’d just go new personally.

Craftsman
    You will really struggle to get one for less than 2k used. Fraser Hart do 4 years interest free credit and sell them new, so that may be a good bet. The only consideration may be that the newer versions are in-house movements and as a consequence are slightly thicker I believe - others may be able to confirm!

That said, I tried on the blue version recently and it wore really well on my average/slightly below average size wrist.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

My first thought was "loads appear in Sales Corner - buy the next one that turns up". Then I looked and the last red Black Bay there was in May (for £1650!). Where the hell did they all go? I could have sworn they were all over the place a year or 2 ago.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    My first thought was "loads appear in Sales Corner - buy the next one that turns up". Then I looked and the last red Black Bay there was in May (for £1650!). Where the hell did they all go? I could have sworn they were all over the place a year or 2 ago.
    Exactly!

Gone the same way as the Pelagos, initially dropped, then rose to strong money and dried up.

I think I managed to snag mine at just the right time after reading this thread. I paid £1500 for a red ETA black bay on bracelet in April on sales corner.
    I hadn't realised that prices had gone as strong, not that I'll be selling I like it too much

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Gone the same way as the Pelagos, initially dropped, then rose to strong money and dried up.
    Pelagos, strong money? Got to be one of the best ‘bargains’ out there IMO. Early ETA models are cheap, mine was £1800

Even the newer models sit around at around £2k on SC