closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLC strap help

JLC strap help

So my master control calendar arrived today - absolutely as described by xupes.

It’s on a leather strap that fits onto a concealed deployment clasp.
    Problem is the strap is only just big enough for my wrist and I want to put a longer leather strap on it - so the strap looks better when on the wrist.

I’m not previous about the strap being JLC branded but I do want to utilise the JLC buckle.

The strap is 22mn at the head tapering to 18mm at the buckle end and I’m having real difficulties finding a strap ? Needles to say shelling out £300 for a JLC branded strap is something I’d like to avoid.

Any advice / pointers appreciated.

Thanks
    Simon

Master
    I believe Camille Fournet make the JLC straps. If I remember rightly there is some good info on a thread started by LTF on this if you do a search.

Thanks I’ve done a search and have got the message ..... what a pain in the a$$ !!!!
    I wonder whether it would be easier to get a JLC buckle to allow better scope for straps but I see the darn thing has curved bars as well :-/

I bought a Camille Fournet strap for my Master Geographic and it was fine. Frankly I’m much more pleased with an alligator strap that I bought from a jeweller in New York, for about half what a CF would have been. I have the JLC deployant. I would say pick a nice strap that you like; I personally didn’t get any real benefit from having a strap from JLC’s ‘official’ maker, and you’ll get a lot more choice.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I bought a Camille Fournet strap for my Master Geographic and it was fine. Frankly I’m much more pleased with an alligator strap that I bought from a jeweller in New York, for about half what a CF would have been. I have the JLC deployant. I would say pick a nice strap that you like; I personally didn’t get any real benefit from having a strap from JLC’s ‘official’ maker, and you’ll get a lot more choice.
    Thanks
    The issue I’m having is getting a strap that has s 22mm/18mm taper ! If I could find that I’d be more than happy to try a generic :-)

From Watchbandcenter: these 291 straps should (if their search works correctly!) all be 22x18mm...

https://www.watch-band-center.com/sh...strap/suche/1/
    ______

​Jim.

How about getting a strap custom made?

Ive had a couple made by Pavel on here.

Great straps too!

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    How about getting a strap custom made?

Ive had a couple made by Pavel on here.

Great straps too!
    Thanks - I think this is the route I’ll go.

I’ve had a strap custom made for a JLC Mater Hometime (with deployant) by Peter Watchacc. Very pleased with the result.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    I’ve had a strap custom made for a JLC Mater Hometime (with deployant) by Peter Watchacc. Very pleased with the result.

Boom ! That looks fantastic - can you PM contact details ?

I’ve just remembered I’ve had a second one from him too. This time to fit the Omega deployant:

For all you black-dial-brown-strap lovers!...

Quote Originally Posted by Ukboweldoc View Post
    Boom ! That looks fantastic - can you PM contact details ?
    Done.

Blog Entries

How lovely mate, still looks an absolute gem.

Trust all is good buddy

Pitch

Well, I’ve now contacted Peter, and a navy blue strap with grey stitching is being made ... looking forward to seeing it in due course. Thanks for the info.

Grand Master
    Done.
    Colin, can you PM me the details too. I’m tired of struggling to find straps I like in the length I want them, maybe I should consider getting something made.

Paul

Well I’m now in receipt of my watchacc strap ... 2 and a bit months after ordering.
    Quality is alright, but the bloody thing is about 1mm too wide...

That wouldn’t be so bad at the watch end (I can use a craft knife)... but at the deployment end it won’t slide into the carrier. If I cut into that then the smooth finish will be destroyed and the strap will start to fray up to the stitch line.

What a waste of time and money. So upset about it.

Think I’m going to sell my JLC - it’s been nothing but hassle and I’ll never get to wear it !

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    How lovely mate, still looks an absolute gem.

Trust all is good buddy

Pitch
    Beautiful strap! What color is this called?