closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any thoughts or advice on this GMT , please

Craftsman

Any thoughts or advice on this GMT , please

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    You had said previously that you thought it looked wrong and that the alignment of ROLEX on the dial was out.

Looks like a correct Mark 1 Matte dial to me, albeit with service hands.

Haywood

Craftsman
    Thank you Haywood , very greatful for your advice .
    This is such a minefield and as a novice I know not to venture beyond absolute certainty .... which you and others have instilled in me and others who you so kindly share your expertise with .
    This should now be a very short thread !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

HM also gave another piece of advice: buy from a reputable seller.
    If you don’t know your shit, don’t try to outsmart the market: people in the know will bid up to its value anyway.
    Pay the right price and get one you can be 100% sure. Then, if the market keeps going, you would have a bargain that you can sell in a second if you decide to.
    In more ways than one, buying those Rolex is like poker. Ultimately you have to pay, to learn.
    HW gave you a free lesson.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Message received and understood, thank you for contribution.
    I think my father probably said something similar and perhaps more eloquently “ a fool and his money are easily parted “.
    I am along with many others I’m sure , very grateful for the polite and practical extensive knowledge the professionals on this forum are prepared to share , Haywood and his team are , I would suggest the pinnacle of these polite but exceptional people for whom I and many others are extremely grateful . Thank you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Message received and understood, thank you for contribution.
    I think my father probably said something similar and perhaps more eloquently “ a fool and his money are easily parted “.
    I am along with many others I’m sure , very grateful for the polite and practical extensive knowledge the professionals on this forum are prepared to share , Haywood and his team are , I would suggest the pinnacle of these polite but exceptional people for whom I and many others are extremely grateful . Thank you

Well said young fellow me lad, now keep your hands in your pockets and hang onto your hard earned until a good seller offers up something really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Well said young fellow me lad, now keep your hands in your pockets and hang onto your hard earned until a good seller offers up something really nice.
    Very sound advice, which on a few occasions I have failed to follow in the past!

Journeyman
    education first, and then bidding!