closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scammer alert: Bob Long, Tudor Monte Carlo 7032/0, serial 860976

Master
    Welcome to the forum Robert Long Bob Long of Suffolk Norfolk.

Just to let you know that if you’d like to sell any of your watches on this site you would need to make 50 posts and survive for 60 days without having your account deleted.

Then find a buyer.

Good luck! :-)

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Blob
    hi I’m Robert Long reply to the Lynch mob
    I have been a pawn broker for thirty five years . I’m the Jack of all trades and the master of non ,especially watches .
    I have owned this Monte Carlo for about 15 years I put it on eBay for a low price as it had replacement parts dial , later case etc . Movement ,case back ,etc was fine and it had been repaired twice by rolex expert .tom dickstar1977 spotted my add within minutes of putting it on eBay . He offered me £5000 and buy it now , I said why don’t you come to my home address and satisfy your self you are happy with the watch , he said he was too busy and would rather wire the moneys and get his niece to collect the watch which he did ,to my dismay this young girl turned up in the pitch dark to collect the watch I was quite concerned as for the responsibility Tom had put on her .
    Anyway he recieved the watch and he text me to say he was happy , 2 weeks later he said he had taken it to a watch dealer I can only presume to make a large profit ,but to be told it was a copy I said if it was returned in the same condition he would get a refund which he got , a perfect original one of these watches are about £20000 not £5000 Tom though he was onto a fast buck .
    The other watch which people are saying is the same watch ,that people are saying I went to court about beats me , I have never ever been to court about a watch I got questioned several years ago about a britling watch that was given by britling to Mi5 agents, they were not supposed to be sold that’s it no action taken by the police .
    Anyway A SCAMMER DECIEVES PEOPLE OUT OF GOODS OR CASH CERTAINLY DOES NOT REFUND OR RETURN THE GOODS AND MEETS IN CAR PARKS AND PUBLIC PLACES NOT AT THE PERSONS HOME ADDRESS
    WHAT THE HELL IS EVERYONE COMPLANING ABOUT ? He didn’t lose anything apart from making a large profit and his pride .to sum up GREED IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL .does anyone want it for £38 ?as that wat Tom says it’s worth
    Robert long.
    Just quoting you in case you try to amend your post confirming that you have never tried to sell this Tudor Monte Carlo before and so would never have had to refund a buyer before either.

Craftsman
    I was the original purchaser that took him court,

It was a hellish ordeal that took over a year to get my money back.

The guy prentended to be an old timer that had the watch 20 years and wore it in the bath daily. I posted him cash and he sent me the fake off of bad photos but from a convincing phone call I trusted him.

He basically ignored me, sold his house and said he was moving out the country etc etc.

His ex wife and son own the pawn brokers and he posted it from that address. I believe he used to own the pawn brokers, god knows what happend there .

In court I was supposed to wear a white shirt, he came with a medallion down a bare chest and a open front flowered shirt , cuffs rolled up etc.... he basically laughed at me in court and he nearly won his case. Jason's report didn't stand up as he wasn't an independant witsness known by the court. The judge couldn't class the watch as a fake as he had no idea. I won simple by distance selling and reporting it within a few hours of recieveing it.
    His phone cover was a £50 note and he drove of laughing and waving at me from a convertible 3 series with the top down.

He really is a scum bag. It was reported to the police who failed to see it as a scam.

He's obviously been telling a lot of lies and I believe he is a true scam artist. He was not the nice old gentleman he made out to be on the phone.

Apprentice
    thanks

Remember to do your due diligence guys. Lots of help on the forum if you needed. Probably safer to buy off TZUK

Quote Originally Posted by Blob View Post
    I got questioned several years ago about a britling watch that was given by britling to Mi5 agents, they were not supposed to be sold that’s it no action taken by the police
    Seems an interesting tale Bob, please tell us more about these Mi5 Britlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaster View Post
    Maybe we've misjudged him...Forced to sell shop and home (5th story on page):

...The parking ticket and CCJ were removed, but the loan he needed only came through after Christmas. By that time, he had let down suppliers and customers.

Mr Long, who is divorced and has two adult children, estimates that he lost £30,000 in earnings because of the CCJ. His shop – Crown Jewellers in Bungay, Suffolk – is now on the market and he is moving home. He has also sold his car.

‘You only have to sow the seed once that you are a bad payer and news travels fast,’ he added. ‘Years of credibility went down the tubes.’ ParkingEye declined to comment.

...pawn broker business is in tatters after ticket blunder...Mr Long parked his £30,000 BMW at the hotel car park and was told he would not need to pay parking charges.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    You know me soooo well! Thanks again for savin me ass on that lemon pick up btw☠

OP. PM inc.......
    Welcome Hunky, let’s grab a cuppa before fat fella hits the chimney.

Pitch

Master
    Thanks for putting me straight Mr Long

But you’re still a dodgy f**ker btw

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Maybe we've misjudged him...Forced to sell shop and home (5th story on page):

...The parking ticket and CCJ were removed, but the loan he needed only came through after Christmas. By that time, he had let down suppliers and customers.

Mr Long, who is divorced and has two adult children, estimates that he lost £30,000 in earnings because of the CCJ. His shop – Crown Jewellers in Bungay, Suffolk – is now on the market and he is moving home. He has also sold his car.

‘You only have to sow the seed once that you are a bad payer and news travels fast,’ he added. ‘Years of credibility went down the tubes.’ ParkingEye declined to comment.

...pawn broker business is in tatters after ticket blunder...Mr Long parked his £30,000 BMW at the hotel car park and was told he would not need to pay parking charges.
    Incredible the amount of times this guy gets himself into an online newspaper.

And how he manages to come out as the victim, seems it’s someone else’s fault. Parking Eye may not be to everyone’s taste but they do a job and do it in a professional way.

Hotels have computerised systems where you book your parking time. If it isn’t working they’ll send a notice of intended prosecution to the registered keepers address. Where you can contest it long before it goes to court. “Sent to the old address” he says. Maybe he should’ve sent the V5C back to the DVLA when he moved(?)

Even the picture of his Beemer shows it parked illegally

Always the victim, never his fault....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
    I was the original purchaser that took him court,

It was a hellish ordeal that took over a year to get my money back.

The guy prentended to be an old timer that had the watch 20 years and wore it in the bath daily. I posted him cash and he sent me the fake off of bad photos but from a convincing phone call I trusted him.

He basically ignored me, sold his house and said he was moving out the country etc etc.

His ex wife and son own the pawn brokers and he posted it from that address. I believe he used to own the pawn brokers, god knows what happend there .

In court I was supposed to wear a white shirt, he came with a medallion down a bare chest and a open front flowered shirt , cuffs rolled up etc.... he basically laughed at me in court and he nearly won his case. Jason's report didn't stand up as he wasn't an independant witsness known by the court. The judge couldn't class the watch as a fake as he had no idea. I won simple by distance selling and reporting it within a few hours of recieveing it.
    His phone cover was a £50 note and he drove of laughing and waving at me from a convertible 3 series with the top down.

He really is a scum bag. It was reported to the police who failed to see it as a scam.

He's obviously been telling a lot of lies and I believe he is a true scam artist. He was not the nice old gentleman he made out to be on the phone.
    Mr. Long,

Are you the chap referred to in this post?

The report seems so specific.

Master
    Was he the inspiration for Harry Enfield's character Bob Lovejoy?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Mr. Long,

Are you the chap referred to in this post?

The report seems so specific.
    He most certainly is, I'm sure the old documentation can be found if I look hard enough to be honest it was an embarrassing mistake I had left behind but since a few good friends have been letting me know about the recent activity I thought it only fair I joined in .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
    He most certainly is, I'm sure the old documentation can be found if I look hard enough to be honest it was an embarrassing mistake I had left behind but since a few good friends have been letting me know about the recent activity I thought it only fair I joined in .
    But...but...in post #99 Mr Long says:

The other watch which people are saying is the same watch ,that people are saying I went to court about beats me , I have never ever been to court about a watch...

Mr Long, can you help me understand the apparent conflict above? Were you involved in a court case about a watch previously, or not?

While responding, may I ask if you still trade as a pawnbroker?

Do you still have any ownership, control or influence at the shop which has been connected to you here?

Does it or do you still offer loans?

Thankyou.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 8th December 2018 at 01:05.

Scammer alert: Bob Long, Bungay, Norfolk, Tudor Monte Carlo 7032/0, serial 860976

Chromejob got it wrong, it's a different watch. Serial no. starts 737XXX, the one here is 860976.
    Wrong model too.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Chromejob got it wrong, it's a different watch. Serial no. starts 737XXX, the one here is 860976.
    Wrong model too.
    But it's the same seller - so his history of selling fake watches just grew quite a bit longer. This one is from 2008!!!

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    But it's the same seller - so his history of selling fake watches just grew quite a bit longer. This one is from 2008!!!

So at least 4 fakes sold including the Breitling MI5 over at least 10 years, and he sold the one on here twice, knowing it was a fake.
    Someone ought to contact those local journalists he is so fond of...

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    He's the one that tried to sell a watch that had proved as fake in a court of law? Asking for a friend

Fake watch Tudor Bob Long mini Robert Bungay kirby cane the sun personalised number plate now don't be greedy
    Isn't that his catchphrase?

Master
    What a whopper.

He looks too good to be true like so many people

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    What a whopper.

You take the December "Euphemism of the Month" award.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Wow, just caught up with the thread!

Bob, I am pleased you have had the chance to put your position forward, even if all you have done is chosen base your whole counter argument on trying to degrade my character and make accusation of me. Again not once have you either apologised for your intentional deception or admit your wrong doing.

I am a collector of watches which is more than evident from the 2607 posts I have made on this forum and have bent over backward over the years to share my knowledge and support fellow collectors. There is plenty of information available about me and non if it is negative.

I chose to raise this not as a malicious attack but to state the facts of the situation, which you have corroborated with the exception of the fact you named the buy it now price not me, and that is also factually accurate as per the ebay messages and the early text messages you sent me. My niece is at university in Norwich and agreed to collect on my behalf, she took a friend and as you know I was on the phone to her throughout the collection. I received the watch two weeks later, as you also know and I have provided you evidence of and then within two hours of receipt I immediately contact you when I felt there was an issue.

I wont bother to respond to the attack on my character further, the forum knows me and they know my background and integrity.

My choice to take this situation to the forum was based on finding out that in 2012 you where taken to court over this watch (as categorically evidenced by 964RS and Omega53), so you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt it wasnt original yet through this process you led me to believe it was and then made accusations of me that I had or I had allowed others to tamper with the watch and change parts, you even deny in your own post here that you where taken to court over this watch, when you clearly where. If somehow that is incorrect then provide some evidence to the contrary and I will apologise immediately and publicly and remove my thread. I would welcome you providing evidence that the watch I bought from you isn’t the same watch you where taken to court over (and lost) by fellow forum member omega53 in 2012.......

Ultimately you did refund me and as I explained in my first post upon arrival to you home you where very pleasant, amicable and accommodating, including making me a coffee.

Yes you refunded me but not without quite a lot of accusation prior to meeting you face to face and I had to drive 7 hours to get a refund and be with you at 9:00am so your rolex expert could inspect it and all along you knew the watch wasnt original or genuine and when I arrived at your home there was no rolex expert there.

I have no wish to continue this discussion with you as you will not make me feel guilt about how I handled any of our interactions, you were in the wrong and I was not. Furthermore I feel guilt over posting here as you actively sold a watch to me that you knew was a fake, however that is packaged by you that is wrong and as a result I took the difficult decision to go more public than I would have liked to.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by dickstar1977; 8th December 2018 at 18:39.

Master
    It seems that Mr. Long last visited the forum at 09:39 this morning.

It is reasonable to think that his purpose would be to see the latest comments on this thread.

After he has read the latest posts, it will be most interesting in turn to see his responses --- or whether none come.

Master
    You sure someone hasn't just trolled and created a fake account?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post

"Nothing is ever certain apart from taxes, human stupidity , and people getting misquoted on the Internet"
    Julius caesar
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dickstar1977 View Post
    I hope bob learned a valuable lesson to be honest with people from the start, I doubt he will but time will tell.

Leopards and their spots springs to mind.

Hopefully anyone contemplating buying something in the future from this low life will do some checks and find this thread and the one on the Rolex Forum. That should convince anyone to tread carefully

"Nothing is ever certain apart from taxes, and people making stuff on the Internet"

Good old Abraham Lincoln. He knew his stuff.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I thought that haywoods credentials had been fairly well established on here?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    "Nothing is ever certain apart from taxes, human stupidity , and people getting misquoted on the Internet"
    Julius caesar
    LMAO....!

Master
    I thought that haywoods credentials had been fairly well established on here?
    Granted it's well sustained faking......

Perhaps Eddie has more info on the location etc of 49932-Blob?

Master
    Perhaps Eddie has more info on the location etc of 49932-Blob?
    Perhaps. Just struck me as too neat that he suddenly appears. He doesn't strike me as the type to give a toss and respond. And there's a wealth of scamps around who'd get a kick out of such a masquerade.....

Master
    All

When I started this thread I wanted to make the community aware of what had happened. My original post was factually accurate but I would reiterate that the situation did end well for me.

What bothered me about the whole situation was that bob had known the watch wasn’t real all along as a result of the 2012 case against him yet made me feel guilty and made me jump through hoop after hoop when I asked for a refund two weeks after he handed it to my niece.

I would also like to say that I asked him for a buy it now price and he said £5000, again clearly knowing full well what he wanted for the watch.

I received the watch from my niece face to face on the Friday of bonfire weekend, within two hours of receipt I had done enough research to have genuine concerns and contacted bob immediately, which is where things began.

He made a number of accusations of me, accusing me of allowing people to tamper with the watch but at the end of the day I got my money back but it was a difficult situation.

I don’t know bob personally and have no opinion one way or another on his character, what I have stated are the facts and there has been further evidence provided 964RS and Omega53 to substantiate my position.

Ultimately it really has no baring on what I paid, £5000 would have been a great buy but the seller named the price, the fact of the matter is the seller knew the watch wasn’t real and knowingly sold it to me as genuine having been taken to court over it in 2012, that type of behaviour is not appropriate.

The reason I raised this with the forum was not malicious but to highlight my experience on the backdrop of the watch being for sale again

Cheers tom

Last edited by dickstar1977; 8th December 2018 at 12:34.

Perhaps. Just struck me as too neat that he suddenly appears. He doesn't strike me as the type to give a toss and respond. And there's a wealth of scamps around who'd get a kick out of such a masquerade.....

He absolutely strikes me as the kind to make his voice heard; just look at the number of times he's been in the press for making a song and dance about something or another. He's totally the sort of bloke who will sign up here to give us all a big "f**k you" and skip merrily away.

Master
    You have no further need to explain yourself. The facts speak for themselves. Nobody in their right mind would deal with such a shady character.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    He absolutely strikes me as the kind to make his voice heard; just look at the number of times he's been in the press for making a song and dance about something or another. He's totally the sort of bloke who will sign up here to give us all a big "f**k you" and skip merrily away.
    Point taken.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Don’t you get paid for those stories in the tabloids? Could be quite lucrative if you know how to play the game.

From someone who knows minis better than me, there appear to be none standard parts fitted to Bob's vintage mini - sound familiar?
    The speedometer could be a wrong-un, along with the oil pressure gauge with Kg/cm2 shown on the bottom part of the dial.

The picture from the SWNS writeup of the 1071ccMorris Mini Cooper S registration number 7143PG (https://stories.swns.com/news/car-fan-unearths-the-worlds-earliest-known-mini-cooper-in-a-suffolk-barn-101140/#)appearsto show an incorrect speedometer (with 70 at 12 o'clock instead of 60 at 12o'clock and handed turn signals - see fist image, its fairly zoomable). Compareand contrast with the information and pictures on earlier 1071s speedometers athttps://classicregister.com/content/how-identify-1963-1964-austin-mini-mk1-cooper-s-1071,as shown in second image.

Then there's the metric sub-scale on Bob's oil pressure gauge, the whiteinstead of coloured ends on the temperature scale, and so on and so forth....
    Poor Bob. What are the odds?

compared to:

Edit: actually, the temp gauge is also wrong for the year of the car - so the whole cluster could be bogus.
    Last edited by Reeny; 8th December 2018 at 13:18. Reason: temp gauge also a wrong-un

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    It seems that Mr. Long last visited the forum at 09:39 this morning.

It is reasonable to think that his purpose would be to see the latest comments on this thread.

After he has read the latest posts, it will be most interesting in turn to see his responses --- or whether none come.

And he's online now as I type this at 1.16pm.

I doubt he will respond.

He's a liar and a bullshitter and takes a sick pleasure in messing people about once he has screwed them over.

I suspect he's very lonely.

Scammer alert: Bob Long, Tudor Monte Carlo 7032/0, serial 860976

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Wrong model too.
    What did I get wrong? That link doesn’t work on the Rolex Forums site….*

@Blob could confirm identify by posting a pic of himself holding a handwritten note with TZ-UK on it. Without that, I’d guess a 60/40 chance it’s a troll who just created an acct to stir the pot.

[edit] * Oh, did you mean this thread? Right, my mistake, apologies.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=9154018

ADDENDUM: Other threads on The Rolex Forums about this ebay user Littlegems121

2009: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=Littlegems121
    2010: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=Littlegems121
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 8th December 2018 at 22:34. Reason: adding other references

Master
    I’m pretty sure that Blob is Bob based on his comments.

The Rolex forum post I found originally from 2012 (I think) referred to the 860976 watch. There was also another 2008 post of littlegems121 selling a Tudor sub which was indicated on the Rolex forum of also been incorrect and likely fake

Cheers tom

Craftsman
    Here’s one of his emails after I won the court case to show you how difficult he was to deal with :

Mr young
    Just for your interest , I have not received an invoice from the court yet , I pay them , and they pay you . I could pay you and you could say you never had payment . ....I have been stuffed once and I'm not going to be stuffed again . Infact the chrono mech is not working on the watch , and I was refused time to inspect it . So I am going to take legal advice over that . I am also going to ask the court for time to pay , ie £50 a month .as things are tough at the moment ! !
    The watch is in for repair as we speak . I will fwd the repair invoice to the court . This watch was fully working when you received it. There were no emails from you saying it wasn't working , apart from various people taking it apart , you said to the court you had not even taken the back off , so how did you know it had the correct movement . And how did you manage to take a photo of the inside ?
    Also I am moving to the usa on the 22nd , I will fwd the address to the court . My number there . 239 247 1976 to show I'm not trying to evade you as life carries on
    Robert long

Master
    It’s a shame bob hasn’t chosen to come on and put me, omega53 and Jason straight if there had been some confusion. I would have much preferred all of this to have been some sort of misunderstanding, clearly it wasn’t.

Based on this I can only assume my concerns where correct and that the seller had indeed previously sold this watch in 2012, had to refund due to it being fake (following a court battle with forum member omega53) and then resold it to me in 2018 as genuine.

This really does substantiate my post as there is clear evidence of proactive deception. Yes I got a refund but not until I called it as a fake watch and not without being accused of allowing others to tamper with it.

I went back through my messages from the seller and it’s quotes like the following which led me to the course of action I chose to take

‘ Good morning Tom sorry to hear your not happy I admit the strap was possibly not an original Tudor strap as I bought that separately from the watch ......... when I bought the watch I went with the seller to an official Rolex / Tudor dealership and had its authenticity verified which cost me $100 and it was given the OK......... it has been over two weeks and with no disrespects anything could have happened to the watch in this time As parts could have been changed with fake parts....... I will consult my solicitor to the implications of selling a watch all in good faith knowing it had no problems .and I am sure I still have the receipts from the Rolex dealer for the inspection..... I will call my solicitor on Monday . Perhaps forward your evidence so I can compare it with the photos I have for comparison
    Bob’

‘Sweeping hand is not an official Rolex dealership the people who inspected it were for 60 years ........ I have 860 positive feedbacks and I’m honest....... bob’

All of this diatribe when the seller knew full well it wasn’t correct after the 2012 case against him.

I’m going to park this now but Bob knows he was absolutely in the wrong, despite his protest both publicly and privately of having done nothing wrong and being ‘totally innocent of any wrong doing’

Last edited by dickstar1977; 9th December 2018 at 17:34.

Master
    I think it is him. See EADT for:

Looking at that, "Mr Long...lives in Kirby Cane, near Bungay", in a house with a distinctive fence, near a national speed limit sign that is opposite a transformer on a pole...need I go on?

Unless it wasn't his own house...
    Bob really should be in court for wearing that shirt!

Joking aside this thread is incredible, especially if Bob has really joined here and posted those comments. He should be ashamed of himself. Clearly isn’t though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    He should be ashamed of himself. Clearly isn’t though.
    I think he should be prosecuted. Don't let him get away with it.

Oh come on, you can’t prosecute Honest Bob lol!

But yes, he should absolutely face charges!
    It's just a matter of time...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dickstar1977 View Post
    ... I went back through my messages from the seller and it’s quotes like the following which led me to the course of action I chose to take

‘ Good morning Tom sorry to hear your not happy I admit the strap was possibly not an original Tudor strap as I bought that separately from the watch ......... when I bought the watch I went with the seller to an official Rolex / Tudor dealership and had its authenticity verified which cost me $100 and it was given the OK......... it has been over two weeks and with no disrespects anything could have happened to the watch in this time As parts could have been changed with fake parts....... I will consult my solicitor to the implications of selling a watch all in good faith knowing it had no problems .and I am sure I still have the receipts from the Rolex dealer for the inspection..... I will call my solicitor on Monday . Perhaps forward your evidence so I can compare it with the photos I have for comparison
    Bob’

‘Sweeping hand is not an official Rolex dealership the people who inspected it were for 60 years ........ I have 860 positive feedbacks and I’m honest....... bob’
    I wonder if this is the same solicitor who represented our rascal in 2012...

I came across this thread when researching Mr Long's dodgy Minis.

I am sure that members on here will be comforted to know that he uses exactly the same ethics when selling old cars as he does watches. At least 1 of the cars in his collection is a complete fake & the provenance of at least one other leaves a lot to be desired.

http://mk1-forum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23193