closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scammer alert: Bob Long, Tudor Monte Carlo 7032/0, serial 860976

Master

Scammer alert: Bob Long, Tudor Monte Carlo 7032/0, serial 860976

All

I felt I needed to bring your attention to a a deal I have had with an individual called Robert 'Bob' Long based in Bungay Norfolk. I purchased a Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo from him six weeks ago through ebay, he seemed genuine as did the watch.

Long story short I got the watch after a couple of weeks (he insisted on collection in person so my niece who lives nearby collected it)

When I had it in hand something seemed off, the giveaway initially was that the serial was out of range, I then found a watch with the same case and serial numbers (I originally thought not the same watch BUT it clearly is) on the rolex forum identified clearly as a fake watch. (A reason I stick to Omega as a rule of thumb). I contact a Rolex expert and good friend I known who's also a fellow forum member who confirmed it was fake. I hadn't told Jason (964RS) of the owner or their location, simply showed him pictures of the watch.

I contacted the seller who initially gave me a lot of grief saying it wasn't fake, making many accusations such as I had let someone tamper with it and I was dishonest etc etc.

After much deliberation and dropping Jasons name he agreed to refund me IF I drove to Norfolk to be there at 9:00am for a refund, his condition was that his Rolex expert would be there to verify it was the watch he sold. Right the way through he made out as if it was completely genuine and that I was some dealer trying to scam him or rip him off, playing the 'innocent old man' card.

I took the 7 hours round trip to meet him, arriving at 9:00am prompt but apparently his 'rolex expert' had been and gone! He was very amicable, protesting he knew nothing about it and was selling it in good faith and that he was going to get a Rolex expert to verify the watch etc etc. He spent over an hour showing me the 'research' he had done on the internet alongside proudly showing me his collection of very valuable vintage cars, including the first ever mini cooper S he'd found, clearly a wealthy man.

He absolutely suckered me in and I genuinely felt for him, I genuinely felt he knew nothing about what he had sold me and having received my refund drove home. I went home and told my wife about the 'poor old guy', I even followed up with later text explaining I was sorry it had panned out as it did.

All ended well until Jason contacted me tonight asking if I had managed to sort it? I said I had but not without having to drive to Norfolk and back to get my money back. Jason then messaged back informing me that he had acted as an expert witness in a court case a few years back where a buyer in Norfolk had unwittingly bought a Tudor Monte Carlo (identical to mine) which transpired to be fake and the buyer had to take the seller to court....... who was the seller......Bob Long of Bungay, Norfolk............. the watch: the Tudor Monte Carlo.

I really had been duped by him, firstly that he convinced me he was an unsuspecting old man who knew nothing about his fake watch and secondly making me jump through hoop after hoop to get my money back! All I would say is buyer beware.....

Here is the relisted watch and a little about the seller..............................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-R...waSx:rk:1:pf:0

Name: Robert Victor Long (aka) Bob Long
    Watch: Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo, serial 860976 reference 7032/0
    ebay: littlegems121

Bob takes clear pride in his public image, being know as the discovery of the oldest mini copper in existence alongside having numerous other classic cars, he clearly doesn't need the money so all I can think is that he proactively and knowingly tried to pass on this fake watch to me as an unsuspecting punter then adopted a confrontational stance accusing me the buyer of been an unscrupulous dealer and tampering with the watch (both in my case) and also playing 'innocent old man' who had no idea the watch he was selling was incorrect.

Here is a little more about 'Bob'

https://www.metro.news/earliest-know...-barn/1212767/

I was really disappointed by my experience and I hope he doesn't dupe anyone else....... I am definitely sticking to what I know from now on

I wanted the community to be aware of this situation. He knew he was selling me a fake watch and lied through his teeth from start to finish, ultimately refunding me but not without a lot of stress, hassle and accusation on his part.

Cheers Tom
    Last edited by dickstar1977; 8th December 2018 at 13:25.

Exactly how a villain post should appear, all the details of the dubious seller, what watch and where bought.

Good show OP.
    Last edited by number2; 4th December 2018 at 01:50.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

You should leave appropriate feedback for him on eBay.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You should leave appropriate feedback for him on eBay.

R
    Yes, why haven’t you posted negative feedback..?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    Yes, why haven’t you posted negative feedback..?
    A condition of getting reimbursed the cost of it?

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    A condition of getting reimbursed the cost of it?
    If so, that should be reported too.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Once you have your refund you can leave whatever feedback you like. What's he going to do, sue you?

EDIT: I see it was a deal done off eBay so no feedback possible. Shame!
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 4th December 2018 at 11:52.

Master
    So all, in simple terms the seller listed and then ended the auction (just after I contracted him) as there was an error in his listing (allegedly).

I agreed to buy it from him privately before he relisted it with BIN price and we did a smooth deal (I know how bloody lucky I was)

What urked me is that he had clearly sold it previously, had been taken to court and lost for selling fake good and then resold it claiming it was legitimate again!

It’s shocking behaviour, he clearly knows he’s got a fake. In the end it ended well for me but he made me jump through hoop after hoop and round trip 7 hours to get my money back! Shocking behaviour

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dickstar1977 View Post
    So all, in simple terms the seller listed and then ended the auction (just after I contracted him) as there was an error in his listing (allegedly).

I agreed to buy it from him privately before he relisted it with BIN price and we did a smooth deal (I know how bloody lucky I was)

What urked me is that he had clearly sold it previously, had been taken to court and lost for selling fake good and then resold it claiming it was legitimate again!

It’s shocking behaviour, he clearly knows he’s got a fake. In the end it ended well for me but he made me jump through hoop after hoop and round trip 7 hours to get my money back! Shocking behaviour

Tbh if you bought it privately and he knowingly sold you a fake then I think you're lucky to have got your money back. Could have been alot worse.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    I see he was a former pawnbroker so presumably he got scammed in the first instance.

The worrying thing is I am far from an expert and would take those photos on Ebay as representing a genuine watch.

Master
    Totally agree....... the irony that the expert I consulted was the expert who gave evidence in court was clearly the deciding factor as he knew he’d get caught out again

He’s simply a lying, deceiving individual but as it’s for sale again I wanted to help others avoid any miss fortune

Found by doing a search on "littlegems121 watch"...link to old RF thread.

He's got it listed again????

Anyone fancy a few million dollar bids?

Master
    He has indeed! He’s quite a piece of work! Clearly knew exactly what he was selling and then played the ‘harmless old man’ who had ‘no idea it was fake’

You will find him all over the internet if you google bob young and Mini Cooper

Last edited by dickstar1977; 8th December 2018 at 12:26.

re my PM

re my PM

Having just returned to your OP (and followed the Metro link), I now see that I wasn't telling you anything that you didn't already know about.

Sorry about that.

NB You must have stirred up a few of us because your inbox is full. Thanks for the tip off.

Master
    Thanks guys.... yes he’s a vintage car and jewellery/ watch dealer. I really wouldn’t have minded except the fact he absolutely knowingly deceived me and faked surprise when I called it as a fake

Thank god for Jason, he’s an absolute star and has helped oust this fraudster!

I’m also going to report him to the police for knowingly selling fake goods

Last edited by dickstar1977; 4th December 2018 at 12:57.

Tom and Jason, examples of true forum gentlemen offering help and trust to our community.

Well done for outing this scumbag, fellas

Master

Question

Thanks guys

I really wish you could read some of the diatribe he sent me about how he has 860 positive feedback, how I was trying to return a fake watch to him that I had tampered with, how he was going to consult his solicitor so on and so forth. It was an horrendous week trying to get it sorted and all along he knew it was a fake piece of crap.

Ive no idea what drives someone who's already clearly wealthy to behave like this, knowing sold this fake watch previously and was taken to court over it! What are the odds that Jason was the expert witness last time and I ask him to look at it this time? What ever they are the gods where shining on me.

Even then he had the gaul to try and questions Jasons validity as an expert and told me he wanted a Rolex expert to inspect it whilst I was there to make sure I hadn't tampered with it! Hence getting up at 5:40am and driving for 3 1/2 hours to his house! Unsurpisingly the 'Rolex expert' couldn't be there when I arrived.

People like this are stains on society, they spend all their time trying to put forward the best public image of themselves (with all of his undiscovered cars and wonderful stories on line) but at their core they are lying, devious people who are out to scam unsuspecting individuals out of their hard earned money.
    Last edited by dickstar1977; 7th December 2018 at 10:29.

Just spent two mins reporting this to eBay, some others jump in and do the same and maybe they'll take note... probably not but worth a try.

Thanks guys.... yes he’s a vintage car and jewellery/ watch dealer. I really wouldn’t have minded except the fact he absolutely knowingly deceived me and faked surprise when I called it as a fake

Thank god for Jason, he’s an absolute star and has helped oust this fraudster!

I’m also going to report him to the police for knowingly selling fake goods

Good for you...and good for the rest of us, too. Thanks.

Given what you know of his history of selling watches, I have to wonder how many goes it takes him to dispose of one fake? Doing so must create quite a trail of evidence and so I very much hope that the Police take an interest. If not them, then perhaps Trading Standards?

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Just spent two mins reporting this to eBay, some others jump in and do the same and maybe they'll take note... probably not but worth a try.
    Already done, and sent him a little message

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I sent him a message on eBay too...

You were very lucky, but glad I could help!

Ive reported it on eBay also.

Remember guys if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!

Feel free to check serial numbers and details from photos in the sold section on my website if it helps when looking at something

https://sweepinghand.co.uk/

Master
    Thanks again Jason

Your help was absolutely invaluable

Tom

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I sent him a message on eBay too...
    And this is his reply:

I’ve owned it many years , it been to rolex twice , but I’m not an expert , are you ? Perhaps enlighten me if you are .
    Are rolex idiots ?

And this is his reply:

I’ve owned it many years , it been to rolex twice , but I’m not an expert , are you ? Perhaps enlighten me if you are .
    Are rolex idiots ?
    Ask him if he has the Rolex paperwork?

Naughty boy

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Ask him if he has the Rolex paperwork?
    I'd ask him if it's the same one he was taken to court over …...

Master
    I’ve messaged him today and called him out on it, all he did was send me a picture of the McQueen explorer he owns and asked me if it was fake.

This was the reply he got from me:

Bob, I’m not going there.

Jason is my friend and I’ve heard directly from the first buyer about the court proceedings regarding the Tudor Monte Carlo so it’s a cut and dry as it could be..... you know that and you also knew exactly who he was when I offered his expert opinion for a second time on your watch.

I’m not the expert, as was proven by our recent experience but I’m straight and honest and I’ve maintained my integrity throughout this.

Fact: you where taken to court for selling a counterfeit Tudor Monte Carlo By a buyer your refused to refund.

Fact: he won the case and I’ve seen first hand evidence from the original buyer so I know that‘s the exact watch you sold me.

Fact: you sold the same watch to me and then made me feel like somehow I’d done something wrong when you knew all along it wasn’t right.

Fact: you are littlegems121 and in 2008 there was a clear Rolex forum discussion representing that you had another incorrect Tudor for sale.

To quote you directly

‘I wasn’t born yesterday’

&

‘Greed can get you in to trouble’

I’ve no interest in whether your explorer is original or not, you are an ex pawn broker so I’ve no doubt it is, I’ve also no doubt that you knew exactly down to the court related detail what you sold me.

As I said, I don’t want to hear from you again, I’ve learned my lesson the hard way and want nothing more to do with you

I will be deleting you messages and your number now

Good bye

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    We need to make sure that all search terms that can lead to him are quoted in this thread so that a search will lead here. I am no internet expert so that may already be the case, but if not somebody should ensure that happens.

Master
    And what a surprise, he’s ended the listing as there was an error in the listing....... he’s not kidding.........

The more a brood on this the more I hope he gets what he’s due....

Master
    Well to close this one off, this is the type of person I’ve been dealing with, his reply to me, absolute shocking person:

You got your money back stop grissling and the other watch was a different watch in 2008 and it was perfectly ok it Șold to a real collector , you thought you had bought a $38000 watch cheap .....GREED
    the watch you bought had been got at thats why it was the Cheap price you get what you Pay for , yes you have learnt a lesson not to be greedy
    If it is to good to be true , it proberly is to good to be true

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    He will wait till the dust settles and then put it up again for sale so keep a look out!

Master
    I will be watching out for him, just such a shame, there is no reason for people to behave like this. Whats worse is that all he needed to do was accept his wrong doing, apologise and remove the ebay listing, instead he continued to attack me over message making accusations of me. The irony that the watch is a full blown fake (which he knows from the previous court case) so its not even a $38 watch let alone a $38000 watch isn't lost on me.

Im just appalled that people behave like this, reputation is everything in this world and here is an individual who can't even admit when he is wrong. I count myself lucky I got my money back but have no doubt that the only reason I did was because I inadvertently dropped Jasons name in to the discussion.

Master
    I will be watching out for him, just such a shame, there is no reason for people to behave like this. Whats worse is that all he needed to do was accept his wrong doing, apologise and remove the ebay listing, instead he continued to attack me over message making accusations of me. The irony that the watch is a full blown fake (which he knows from the previous court case) so its not even a $38 watch let alone a $38000 watch isn't lost on me.

Im just appalled that people behave like this, reputation is everything in this world and here is an individual who can't even admit when he is wrong. I count myself lucky I got my money back but have no doubt that the only reason I did was because I inadvertently dropped Jasons name in to the discussion.
    You've done the right thing posting a warning here and elsewhere Tom. Try not to let this guy get under your skin - he's clearly a nasty piece of work.

Master
    Great result getting your money back from the scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Great result getting your money back from the scumbag.
    Absolutely! You were lucky. The really troubling thing is that he still has 100% positive feedback on ebay. How is that possible?

OP, you should report this criminal to the police, you have a ton of evidence.

Master
    Here are the images from the pulled ebay listing, for comparison with any future re-listings

Master
    Incredible read Tom, I've been watching out for this since you told me you'd been stung.

Excellent news on getting the dosh back (albeit after a 7 hour drive!!) but truly frightening that he even took you in AFTER the scam.
    Vintage watches are a minefield.

I now no longer trust vintage Tudor watches or old people.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I now no longer trust old people.
    That's right mate. If you see them at the bus stop, kick them in the goolies and ask questions later! We must protect the watch buying community at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    That's right mate. If you see them at the bus stop, kick them in the goolies and ask questions later! We must protect the watch buying community at all costs.
    LOL!

R

Master
    "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Well done everyone who reported him! Awful person by the sounds.

Tom,

Bang in a small claims for it .

It doesn't cost much it is all online and a trip to court will do him the world of good.

If you can prove he knew by a previous case,. That may even be contempt ...

Game over.

JW

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    What an absolute scumbug! I assume he refunded you as he thought he could pass it off on someone else relatively easily, hopefully not so easily now!

Out of interest, how much should one of these sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by JFW View Post
    Tom,

Bang in a small claims for it .

It doesn't cost much it is all online and a trip to court will do him the world of good.

If you can prove he knew by a previous case,. That may even be contempt ...

Game over.

JW

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Given the OP got his money back then what grounds would there be for a civil court case?

R

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Given the OP got his money back then what grounds would there be for a civil court case?

R
    Heartbreak?

You got your money back stop grissling and the other watch was a different watch in 2008 and it was perfectly ok it Șold to a real collector , you thought you had bought a $38000 watch cheap .....GREED
    the watch you bought had been got at thats why it was the Cheap price you get what you Pay for , yes you have learnt a lesson not to be greedy
    If it is to good to be true , it proberly is to good to be true
    His reply sounds like a Trump tweet.

All

I felt I needed to bring your attention to a scammer called Robert 'Bob' Long based in Bungay Norfolk. I purchased a Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo from him six weeks ago through ebay, he seemed genuine as did the watch.

Long story short I got the watch after a couple of weeks (he insisted on collection in person so my niece who lives nearby collected it)

When I had it in hand something seemed off, the giveaway initially was that the serial was out of range, I then found a watch with the same case and serial numbers (I originally thought not the same watch BUT it clearly is) on the rolex forum identified clearly as a fake watch. (A reason I stick to Omega as a rule of thumb). I contact a Rolex expert and good friend I known who's also a fellow forum member who confirmed it was fake. I hadn't told Jason (964RS) of the owner or their location, simply showed him pictures of the watch.

I contacted the seller who initially gave me a lot of grief saying it wasn't fake, making many accusations such as I had let someone tamper with it and I was dishonest etc etc.

After much deliberation and dropping Jasons name he agreed to refund me IF I drove to Norfolk to be there at 9:00am for a refund, his condition was that his Rolex expert would be there to verify it was the watch he sold. Right the way through he made out as if it was completely genuine and that I was some dealer trying to scam him or rip him off, playing the 'innocent old man' card.

I took the 7 hours round trip to meet him, arriving at 9:00am prompt but apparently his 'rolex expert' had been and gone! He was very amicable, protesting he knew nothing about it and was selling it in good faith and that he was going to get a Rolex expert to verify the watch etc etc. He spent over an hour showing me the 'research' he had done on the internet alongside proudly showing me his collection of very valuable vintage cars, including the first ever mini cooper S he'd found, clearly a wealthy man.

He absolutely suckered me in and I genuinely felt for him, I genuinely felt he knew nothing about what he had sold me and having received my refund drove home. I went home and told my wife about the 'poor old guy', I even followed up with later text explaining I was sorry it had panned out as it did.

All ended well until my Jason contacted me tonight asking if I had managed to sort it? I said I had but not without having to drive to Norfolk and back to get my money back. Jason then messaged back informing me that he had acted as an expert witness in a court case a few years back where a buyer in Norfolk had unwittingly bought a Tudor Monte Carlo (identical to mine) which transpired to be fake and the buyer had to take the seller to court....... who was the seller......Bob Long of Bungay, Norfolk............. the watch: the Tudor Monte Carlo.

I really had been duped by the low life scam merchant, firstly that he convinced me he was an unsuspecting old man who knew nothing about his fake watch and secondly making me jump through hoop after hoop to get my money back! All I would say is buyer beware.....

Here is the relisted watch and a little about the unscrupulous seller..............................

Lives: Bungay Norfolk

Bob takes clear pride in his public image, being know as the discovery of the oldest mini copper in existence alongside having numerous other classic cars, he clearly doesn't need the money so all I can think is that he proactively and knowingly rips off unsuspecting punters then adopts either an aggressive stance accusing buyers of either been unscrupulous dealers or tampering with the watch (both in my case) or the 'innocent old man' who had no idea the watch he was selling was incorrect.

Here is a little more about 'Bob'

https://www.metro.news/earliest-know...-barn/1212767/

Absolutely shocking and I hope he doesn't dupe anyone else....... I am definitely sticking to what I know from now on

I wanted the community to be aware of this scam artist, he will come over as a genuine person but he clearly isn't, he's a deceitful individual who clearly has no morals and no conscience. He knew he was selling me a fake watch and lied through his teeth from start to finish, ultimately refunding me but not without a lot of stress, hassle and accusation on his part.

Cheers Tom
    So that is:

Just so I have it right,

^^^^

You've missed out his mobile number...it's in his eBay listing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    So that is:

Just so I have it right,