Name: Robert Victor Long (aka) Bob Long

Watch: Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo, serial 860976 reference 7032/0

ebay: littlegems121

Lives: Bungay Norfolk

Name: Robert Victor Long (aka) Bob Long

Watch: Rolex Tudor Monte Carlo, serial 860976 reference 7032/0

ebay: littlegems121

Lives: Bungay Norfolk
    Is that really his name? Robert 'Bob' Long?
    Of Bungay?
    “All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident.”

Just checking some facts.... Was the 2012 seller of a fake tudor watch serial number 860976 , also called Robert Bob Long from Bungay in Norfolk? Because that would be a coincidence. Asking for a friend.
    “All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident.”

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Just checking some facts.... Was the 2012 seller of a fake tudor watch serial number 860976 , also called Robert Bob Long from Bungay in Norfolk? Because that would be a coincidence. Asking for a friend.
    You can tell your friend it was and it was item 330809216174

Quote Originally Posted by dickstar1977 View Post
    …*
    I wanted the community to be aware of this scam artist, he will come over as a genuine person but he clearly isn't, he's a deceitful individual who clearly has no morals and no conscience. He knew he was selling me a fake watch and lied through his teeth from start to finish, ultimately refunding me but not without a lot of stress, hassle and accusation on his part.

Cheers Tom
    Follow him on eBay and post whenever he puts something up on auction. And post on other watch forums as well. ;)

I’m still a little unsure as to his full name and where he lives. Can somebody please enlighten me...?

Craftsman
    I might be wrong but does this involve Robert Bob Long of Bungay selling a fake Tudor- Really hope this doesn’t come up on Google searches.........

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

This the chap?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    I might be wrong but does this involve Robert Bob Long of Bungay selling a fake Tudor- Really hope this doesn’t come up on Google searches.........

Yeah, that would be a shame because stuff on the internet apparently stays there for ever...!

Craftsman
    Now if only we had a link to the court report from the first time he sold the watch..........

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    This the chap?

...image...
    I think it is him. See EADT for:

Looking at that, "Mr Long...lives in Kirby Cane, near Bungay", in a house with a distinctive fence, near a national speed limit sign that is opposite a transformer on a pole...need I go on?

Unless it wasn't his own house...

This thread is getting a bit too much... Surely Jeweller Bob, from Bungay in Suffolk has enough on his plate, what with having 2 cars with similar registrations getting mixed up at the Dartford crossing: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/173095...in-his-garage/

That's jeweller Bob Long from Bungay in Suffolk. Yes, Suffolk. Not Norfolk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    This thread is getting a bit too much... Surely Jeweller Bob, from Bungay in Suffolk has enough on his plate, what with having 2 cars with similar registrations getting mixed up at the Dartford crossing: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/173095...in-his-garage/

That's jeweller Bob Long from Bungay in Suffolk. Yes, Suffolk. Not Norfolk.
    Bungay is in Suffolk, but I think kirby cane is in Norfolk?

TZ member and fellow mini afficianodo bongo is also from Bungay I think. Which is in suffolk. Apparently.

^^^^^

He only lives near Bungay. His house is in Norfolk...see #60 above.

Edit

TZ member and fellow mini afficianodo bongo is also from Bungay I think. Which is in suffolk. Apparently.

You're not wrong:

Last edited by PickleB; 6th December 2018 at 20:48.

Master
    Sobering read and really glad you got your money back. Good to see others on the forum supporting you and also reporting him to Ebay etc.

Like the others, I hope that anyone searching for him finds this thread for Bob Long from Bungay and is suitably warned off.

Oh okay. So Robert Victor Bob Long, also known as littlegems121 on eBay, is from Kirby Cane in Norfolk which is near Bungay in Suffolk. Got it.

Oh okay. So Robert Victor Bob Long, also known as littlegems121 on eBay, is from Kirby Cane in Norfolk which is near Bungay in Suffolk. Got it.
    He's the one that tried to sell a watch that had proved as fake in a court of law? Asking for a friend

Fake watch Tudor Bob Long mini Robert Bungay kirby cane the sun personalised number plate now don't be greedy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    What an absolute scumbug! I assume he refunded you as he thought he could pass it off on someone else relatively easily, hopefully not so easily now!

Out of interest, how much should one of these sell for?
    Thanks again for all your support guys, it’s always nice to know who your friends are and together we can do our best to ensure he doesn’t pass this pup off to anyone else.

I asked him what he wanted for it and he said £5K so if it has been legit it would have been a great buy, I must admit I don’t follow Tudor and Rolex prices like omega but I assumed it was worth £6-8K, having researched after I bought it they seem to do quite a lot more.

His price was also another obvious ‘trap’ to lure me in and get it sold quickly.

Ultimately these things happen and at the end of the day I got my money back. What bothered me wasn’t the situation it was his bare face lies throughout and then making me drive 7 hours round trip and feel grateful he’d refunded me when all along he knew categorically it was fake.......

Quote Originally Posted by dickstar1977 View Post
    Thanks again for all your support guys, it’s always nice to know who your friends are and together we can do our best to ensure he doesn’t pass this pup off to anyone else.

I asked him what he wanted for it and he said £5K so if it has been legit it would have been a great buy, I must admit I don’t follow Tudor and Rolex prices like omega but I assumed it was worth £6-8K, having researched after I bought it they seem to do quite a lot more.

His price was also another obvious ‘trap’ to lure me in and get it sold quickly.

Ultimately these things happen and at the end of the day I got my money back. What bothered me wasn’t the situation it was his bare face lies throughout and then making me drive 7 hours round trip and feel grateful he’d refunded me when all along he knew categorically it was fake.......

And if he can afford to spend ridiculous amounts on ridiculous license plates, clearly he's not pauper. Which makes it even worse, to think he would do all that while being rather well-off. I guess some peoples brains are wired quite differently that what would be known as "normal". He definitely deserves more than just some negative search terms on Google, I do hope he will get in trouble eventually and pay his dues.
    Last edited by Dan83bz; 6th December 2018 at 22:24.

Journeyman
    This thread is almost as good as that numpty trying to sell a fake Rolex to Haywood, both should be made sticky 😂

I hope he doesn't have any trouble with his (apparently fully original barn-find) £50k mini cooper.
    It does make you wonder what else might not be quite as it seems.

Blog Entries
    Bungay is in Suffolk.

It’s where my mums half of the family hail from and where I have spent a great deal of my life.

Bongo lives in Beccles, tell him it’s Bungay and a tenner says he will get a real grump on.

All that aside, what a scummer

Craftsman
    Nice car. I might hop on eBay and ask a few questions about it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-c...wAAOSwb15cAioX

What happened, somebody tried to scam one of the members?

Can somebody please give me the details?
    Pfffft

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Bungay is in Suffolk.

It’s where my mums half of the family hail from and where I have spent a great deal of my life.

Bongo lives in Beccles, tell him it’s Bungay and a tenner says he will get a real grump on.

All that aside, what a scummer

You know me soooo well! Thanks again for savin me ass on that lemon pick up btw☠

OP. PM inc.......

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Bungay is in Suffolk.

Is it on the border ? i only ask because i heard Alan Partridge mention it on his talk show .

Master
    I'd like to think I know most of the people in my trade.

Never heard of him.

Anyone know the details of the pawnbroking business he was a part of?

Excellent read, lacking only some audio and video recordings with which it would have scored top marks

H

Lots of places like that: My parents live in a little village in Suffolk, but it's near Diss, which is in Norfolk, so their address is:

Village
    Diss
    Suffolk

and around 30% of their mail is "edited" by some bright spare in the Royal Mail with either a scribble or a yellow sticker telling them the address is wrong. Luckily, they have a clever local postman who understands.

My mate lives Palgrave, also outside Diss, technically he's in suffolk, but his postal town is also diss. Its the IP postcode that gives it away. Although as they say, A day spent out of Norfolk is a day wasted.

As sir John betjeman once said :
    East anglia, cut off on three sides by the sea, and on the fourth by British rail

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    This the chap?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I think it is him. See EADT for:

I think as per post 1 by OP, this is the guy:

Wish I could ask the eBay seller if a fake Tudor Monte Carlo comes with the car.... I double-dog dare someone here to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    What happened, somebody tried to scam one of the members? Can somebody please give me the details?
    Maybe read post #1...?

Scammer alert: Bob Long, Bungay, Norfolk, Tudor Monte Carlo 7032/0, serial 860976

Great read and those pictures are so Swiss Tony of Norfolk!

Going by the evidence against him it seems like he is trying to recoup pride in himself for being turned over in the first place as he doesn’t seem short of a few quid, rather than deal with his seller (probably way too late now) he’s trying to pass the problem off to some other unsuspecting buyer, if his mindset is this way then he should never be trusted with any sales..

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Lots of places like that: My parents live in a little village in Suffolk, but it's near Diss, which is in Norfolk, so their address is:

Village
    Diss
    Suffolk

and around 30% of their mail is "edited" by som