Hiroshi Fujiwawa Ltd Edition Tag Carrera

Utterly beautiful but HOW MUCH?!!?

https://www.tagheuer.com/en-gb/watch...tent=SHOP_NOW_

Master
    about £4K after your discount??

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    about £4K after your discount??
    Tag Boutiques only so sadly RRP on this

I saw this advertised in the FT (of all places) last weekend. I completely agree it's fabulous, in fact one of the very few recent TAG offerings which I really, really like - especially, for some reason I cannot name, the bund-style strap even though I normally don't like them. Perhaps I have a brain tumour. ;-)

The price is somewhat on the optimistic side, though, I can't see residuals doing a "Speedy Snoopy".

Nice, but very expensive.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Same size and look as the Heuer Verona Chronograph, which you can probably find for a third of the price.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    One of the very few special editions where I sort of like the additional branding on the dial. The two Fragment lightning bolts really work on this watch, they kind of remind me of the famous Breitling jet tails they used in the 60s and 70s. I could even live with the caseback I think, though a solid one with raised bolts (and hardly anything else if at all possible) would be my choice.

I'd rather have an original or one of the more recent reissues, the price is crazy. And frankly I can't be bothered. TAG could spend a little time doing something good with all the lovely designs in their Heuer back catalogue but they don't, they release rather bland Carrera homages, or very nasty Monza mashups, or bloated and completely wrong Autavias. I genuinely think had they told everyone they were making a 42mm automatic with date no one would have voted for a 39mm manual with no date but would have wanted a proper Siffert replica. The people doing the interesting or good looking Heuer reps and homages are the ones doing limited edition, vastly overpriced stuff. I don't see the point. Ok, I do, because there are lots of wealthy collectors out there who'll jump on a limited edition of 100 or 200 £5k watches. What would it take for TAG to take a step back and realise they could do this properly, and make watches people actually want to buy and keep. Which reminds me, I love that Hamilton Cal.11 replica...
    "A man of little significance"