closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seamaster Planet ocean 600m Out of production models?

Apprentice

Seamaster Planet ocean 600m Out of production models?

Hi,

I'm looking at a Planet ocean, specifically this model: https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...23290465103001
    I've been told by one dealer it's out of production, any idea if this is the case or not - another has no issue ordering one, case of the first only wanting to sell their stock? Anyone have any insight?

Thanks,

Rob

Craftsman
    If you're going to buy a PO perhaps get this one pre-owned, with some chance of getting your money back if you decide to sell it. I had one and really regret selling it as they're going up in value.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...ocean-22015000
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 15th December 2018 at 08:22.

Apprentice
    It has to be the titanium - the steel was heavier than I'd like - I wouldn't wear it, which rather defeats the object! (From trying them on back to back in Heathrow recently)

A jeweller contact I've used in the past will supply a brand new one for around the same price as the cheapest EU on Chrono24 - around £5500, cheapest second hand is about £4500 - absolutely it's a drop but new vs 2nd hand (warranty etc) & it's not too outrageous.

That said I'm open to alternatives- I like the chrono look and have reasonably large wrists, if there are others to be considering I'm all ears.

Cheers

Rob

I have no relationship with them but it appears that ChronoEdge in Wilmslow have this model on Chrono24 For £4650
    2016 supplid, 2 years left on the warranty
    D

Glad I got mine then

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    That's very nice, back at Heathrow this morning, no titanium models in stock at T5.

£1k difference between a new one and a 2nd hand doesn't feel enough to go 2nd hand?

I bought an orange bezel 42mm PO end of last year, although it had been discontinued in 2017 the Regent Street boutique managed to dig one up for me. I managed to haggle a (modest) discount and the first service thrown in for free as well, so I was happy enough with the deal.

Cheers,

Plug

Apprentice
    A bit of haggling and I got a new one from a UK dealer on C24 for the same price as I could find one from elsewhere in the EU, very pleased, should be with me this coming week.

Craftsman
    sounds pretty good deal by the end.

Whilst these are chunky watches there is some equally cracking features on them....movement, dial detail, AR quality, case finish. Think the main thing letting them down (IMO) is the bracelet overall style / integration to the watch head.

Either way good buy

Master
    Hi Rob, right decision IMO with titainium as the blue bezel and dial are stunning, I've owned 3 previous PO's until I got this beauty on TZ this year on both rubber and bracelet and only takes minutes to change over with the correct tools.

Good luck with your search!

Apprentice
    And it's here!

Just adjusted it, really pleased.

Last edited by robsdesk; 14th December 2018 at 22:13.

Master
    Very nice indeed.

That looks great Rob, a chance of any more photos? I like the blue with a hint of orange, its compliments the watch nicely.

Apprentice
    Sure, here you go!

Master
    Great looking piece. I do wonder whether it is being phased out as it has been in production for a few years and they got the newer master chronometer certification.

Apprentice
    May well be the case, the master certified chrono doesn't come in the blue, I wasn't taken by the grey when I saw it in the flesh.