closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: (Fundraiser) Wanted - volunteers to send a christmas card...

(Fundraiser) Wanted - volunteers to send a christmas card...

A few weeks ago, some good friends had a 30th wedding anniversary party. They commented afterwards how much they'd enjoyed it, but struggled to match the gifts they had received with the gift-givers as their son had tidied the gifts and cards into two separate neat piles...

Now, a couple of us with somewhat warped senses of humour thought it would be fun if they were to receive Christmas cards from couples wishing them festive cheer, congratulating them on their 30th anniversary, hoping they liked the gift, hoping to catch up sometime in the New year but then signed by people they have absolutely no knowledge of.

Of course, to get lots of different handwriting and varying messages, I could get my colleagues at work to write the cards, but it would be obvious who had done this if the cards were posted from the same geographic area... what I need is a group of people with an equally warped sense of humour distributed over a wide geographical area :-)

With this in mind, if anyone at home or abroad is writing cards and wouldn't mind writing just one more, then I'd be delighted if you'd indicate your interest in this thread and I'll PM you with the couple's name and address.

I realise that this will cost a bit, but rather than send a pound or so to every contributor, I was thinking of chucking some money at the fundraiser. That seem reasonable

Any volunteers..?

Edit - I've tweaked to say to reply to the thread and I'll PM you (to save my inbox from filling). Might also be worth adding that you can feel free to include anything you want about how your kids are doing, the state of renovations on the house, the sale of auntie's flat etc, even include your Christmas round robin if you're that sort of wierdo - just don't include anything with your address on it etc!
    Last edited by Gyp; 2nd December 2018 at 20:02. Reason: common sense prevailed!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Warped? Guess I qualify

Blog Entries
    Great wheeze, count me in! PM on way.

Master
    Oh I do like this, I’m in, pm me.

Splendid - just realised that this could cause my inbox issues, so I'll edit the first post!

I like the way you think!

Happy to send from way up norf.

Yeh I'll do it as well but guessing from the same area still?

Master
    Right up my strasse, super wheeze, Ime in.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m in! PM me the details. I may even send them ‘the picture of my kids / dog’ we discussed on the night

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Can do, pm away!

Yep sounds right up my street ,p.m.details please .

Master
    Utterly stupid idea.... so of course, I'm in! ;)

Love it!!!

Count me in
    Thats my sort off humour.

Craftsman
    I'm in.

Done

I trust Angela and Ian will enjoy hearing about our John and his upcoming gender reassignment surgery, and the news of his sister Rachel working for MI6...

Master
    Done mine but will post next week so they don’t get all the dodgy ones at once. Bob the dog was involved in an accident so we couldn’t make the 30th, he’s alright now and the vet has given him the all clear. To make up for it we have managed to get some expensive tickets for a Boxingnight Ball, we will call them to finalise arrangements.
    Last edited by bobdog; 3rd December 2018 at 15:55.

Will post mine next week
    I have thanked them for the lovely parsnips they sent me and thanked them for agreeing to look after our pet iguana for fortnight in Feb. (To be sent via courier)

Oh go on then, and anyone else that needs to cheer someone up feel free...

Craftsman
    Currently in Budapest till Thursday, can send a postcard if you wish ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Done

I trust Angela and Ian will enjoy hearing about our John and his upcoming gender reassignment surgery, and the news of his sister Rachel working for MI6...
    Hang on, this doesn't work if you actually know them...

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Done mine but will post next week so they don’t get all the dodgy ones at once. Bob the dog was involved in an accident so we couldn’t make the 30th, he’s alright now and the vet has given him the all clear. To make up for it we have managed to get some expensive tickets for a Boxingnight Ball, we will call them to finalise arrangements.
    They'll love that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Will post mine next week
    I have thanked them for the lovely parsnips they sent me and thanked them for agreeing to look after our pet iguana for fortnight in Feb. (To be sent via courier)

They will be thrilled to hear that unlike last time and despite all the evidence i was found not guilty of all the charges .

Quote Originally Posted by Jega View Post
    They will be thrilled to hear that unlike last time and despite all the evidence i was found not guilty of all the charges .
    Oh dear, what have I done

Craftsman
    Hoping to meet Ian at the Ace Cafe for a quick bike ride, maybe in January after the brothel has closed and madamme Dominica is resting back in the Uk after the busy Christmas period.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    Hoping to meet Ian at the Ace Cafe for a quick bike ride, maybe in January after the brothel has closed and madamme Dominica is resting back in the Uk after the busy Christmas period.

Well, that's the TZ bikers GTG sorted out

I've lobbed some cash at the fundraiser.

Mrs Gyp has pointed out that the recipients stopped exchanging cards a few years ago because of the environmental impact and instead give a sizeable chunk to charity...

...so I'm going to get into extra trouble for cards landing on their mat...

oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I've lobbed some cash at the fundraiser.

Mrs Gyp has pointed out that the recipients stopped exchanging cards a few years ago because of the environmental impact and instead give a sizeable chunk to charity...

...so I'm going to get into extra trouble for cards landing on their mat...

oops!
    It just gets better!
    Well done all, a superb idea.

Craftsman
    oops!
    That's my viewpoint - I've only sent one card! Will they still be my new friends?

Master
    I hope they like the hot air balloon trip we got them for their anniversary and we were sorry we couldn’t see them around that time but Cath is back from China mid dec and the cats much better so we are good to catch up as planned.

Well done all, it seems like some have arrived!

I was messaged...

Dear friends
    It seems I have my own dilemma and would value some advice..... it would appear that my nightmare came true, I have not been able to thank everyone who kindly gave us gifts and best wishes for our wedding anniversary due to the unfortunate mishap with the gift tags. What should I do? I don’t want to upset; Francesca, Alberto, Neil, Colin, Gerry, Linda, Emma, Charlie, Si, Cath and Charlie. They all have such complicated lives and I fear I have complicated it further. Should I try to redeem myself or just try and ignore this catastrophe? Any advice gratefully received. Yours truly Embarrassed of Yorkshire

It was pointed out that it was surely simply to match the cards to the gifts...

Yes it should be simple but the fact of the matter is at some point in our married life we have completely forgotten these true and thoughtful friends. I know it sounds bizarre and unthinkable but it must have happened we simply don’t remember them. How embarrassing. To make matters worse we must have got completely wasted at the party as I can’t find their cards or gifts!!!!!

You've done me proud!

Last edited by Gyp; 15th December 2018 at 18:58.

Master
    Thank them for the lovely party, food was delicious.
    Would love to let them know if they would like to join Mary and I for dinner in London one night.

Had another email today telling me that they have had...

"many many more cards arriving from long and very lost friends!!!!!!"

I responded...

"I'm delighted that you're reconnecting with old friends; it just shows how much you're loved as a family and what better time than Christmas for that to happen!"

Thanks again, one and all!

Master
    Blog Entries
    How did I miss this?!?!

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    How did I miss this?!?!

Awesome.
    Not too late

Well, not too late as long as you don't mind driving to North Yorkshire, popping a card through a letterbox and running away :-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not too late

Well, not too late as long as you don't mind driving to North Yorkshire, popping a card through a letterbox and running away :-)
    Seriously tempted.