closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 323

Thread: TZUK Running Club

  1. #201
    Craftsman Chukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    970
    First run in just over 3 weeks today, been a real busy spell at work and confined to sitting doing paperwork and in front of a computer.
    7.7km in the wind and the rain and felt great
    Hoping to push on this time at home


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  2. #202
    Master Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    First post flu run for 2 weeksÖ. Nice to be back !

  3. #203
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,386
    Did 37k Sunday
    2x 10k Yesterday.
    Planning to do 37k tomorrow
    Half Marathon race on Sunday!

  4. #204
    Master Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Did 37k Sunday
    2x 10k Yesterday.
    Planning to do 37k tomorrow
    Half Marathon race on Sunday!
    Best of luck!

  5. #205
    Iím feeling guilty after a good start in Jan Iíve not run yet in March. Not been feeling it but want to get back into it! I think the clocks changing will help!

  6. #206
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    6,744
    Blog Entries
    66
    Had a couple of weeks off running with work & other commitments (but still managed Friday footy).

    Did 4km on Sunday - & it seemed harder then I remembered - even at an easier 5’46” pace.

    Did 5km tonight trying to modify my gait to mid-foot strike & the first 3km felt great, even though it was a bit quicker (at average of 5’14”) than my recent pace.

    Last 2km ... not so comfortable... was blowing quite a bit by the end.
    I thought I’d backed off the pace towards the end - but the final km was done in 5’05”.

    I really need to work on my pacing.

    Any tips ?

    z
    Last edited by zelig; 13th March 2019 at 20:56.

  7. #207
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    3,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Did 37k Sunday
    2x 10k Yesterday.
    Planning to do 37k tomorrow
    Half Marathon race on Sunday!
    That is very heavy mileage for the week before a 21k race (or any race)?

  8. #208
    Craftsman Chukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    First post flu run for 2 weeksÖ. Nice to be back !
    I had the flu at work and was bed ridden for two days, still not fully over it, but need to ease yourself back in.

  9. #209
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,413
    No runs since last weekend, so need to get out again tomorrow. Signed myself up for a 10k in mid-May to give me a bit of a push.
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  10. #210
    I need to get my running gear on now!

  11. #211
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,155
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I need to get my running gear on now!
    Me too.
    Am I going to parkrun this morning or am I going to hang around on watch forums for another 15 minutes, after which it will be too late?

  12. #212
    Master MakeColdplayHistory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,155
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Am I going to parkrun this morning or am I going to hang around on watch forums for another 15 minutes, after which it will be too late?
    Well that was moist.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Well that was moist.
    😂 I got 10k in, feeling good that I got my lazy backside out...only second run of March!

  14. #214
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    3,976
    PB at the Rickmansworth Parkrun this morning. However 2nd in age group, so my lowest position this year (and matches last years worst in 36 parkruns)

  15. #215
    Master Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Blowing out of my backside on a 5.5kmÖ. Still recovering from flu that started 3 weeks agoÖ. Takes a lot of you and you soon lose your fitness, but, Iím hoping to recover it equally quicklyÖ

    On the plus side Iím 4 lbís lighter!

  16. #216
    Good effort chaps 👊🏻

  17. #217
    Craftsman Chukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    970
    Went out in the pouring rain this morning for 7.5km, felt pretty good apart from the school boy error of not wearing a base layer and my nips are hanging off 🤣🤣


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  18. #218
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wigan, Lancs
    Posts
    444
    Resting & carb loading today, Wigan half marathon tomorrow. Unless they cancel again due to bad weather.

  19. #219
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clitheroe, Lancs
    Posts
    701
    Well done all for getting out at all today. It was great weather for the ducks I saw, but wasnít ideal conditions to run in. Felt a bit flat and ran out for the first half into a stiff headwind. Sodden shoes from splashing through puddle after puddle also saps the energy as they weigh a lot more :). My clothes and shoes weighed pounds more at the end of the run than they did at the start.

    Just glad to get done what I did. And Iíve had several times in the past where I left off my nipple tape and regretted it - so now itís always on for runs.

    Tomorrow Iím hoping the snow forecast is accurate, as I love running in it.

  20. #220
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wigan, Lancs
    Posts
    444
    First half marathon- done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    First half marathon- done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good effort 👍🏻

  22. #222
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clitheroe, Lancs
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    First half marathon- done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice one Darren - well done!!

  23. #223
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    First half marathon- done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well done Darren, and I see you've wisely decided to skip the pie...

  24. #224
    Grand Master Dave E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buckingham, UK
    Posts
    16,413
    Well done!
    Dave E

    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

  25. #225
    Master Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    First half marathon- done

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fantastic effortÖ. Well done !!!

  26. #226
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wigan, Lancs
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Well done Darren, and I see you've wisely decided to skip the pie...
    Not quite nick, collected the pie with the goody bag, took it home for the dog.

  27. #227
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    Not quite nick, collected the pie with the goody bag, took it home for the dog.
    Ate mine, all I can say is, 'poor dog'...

  28. #228
    Craftsman Chukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    970
    Great effort on the half marathon 👍🏻😀

  29. #229
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Switzerland / UK
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    First half marathon- done.
    Great effort Darren! Any tips or guidance for the big day? (I've got my first half coming up).

    Did you follow a training plan of any sort to build up to the distance?

  30. #230
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    3,976
    Well done on the half - the start (I hope) to many more!

  31. #231
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,386
    Reading Half yesterday 1:47. 4 minutes off PB but cool with that as I have been training for endurance not speed. Took first few KMís easy and came home fast!

  32. #232
    Master Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Reading Half yesterday 1:47. 4 minutes off PB but cool with that as I have been training for endurance not speed. Took first few KMís easy and came home fast!
    Thatís a great timeÖ. Well done 👍🏼

  33. #233
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wigan, Lancs
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    Great effort Darren! Any tips or guidance for the big day? (I've got my first half coming up).

    Did you follow a training plan of any sort to build up to the distance?
    All I did was log on to the Run Wigan Festival website which was covering the half marathon, and they had links to various level training programmes. I did the beginner level, aiming for 2:20-2:30 time. I tried to follow the mileage build-up without worrying over speed/pace, just needed to complete it comfortably. On race day I did not follow a pacemaker, didnít want the pressure, just put my earphones in & relaxed into the music.
    I have to amend the above ďStravaĒ time, race chip logged me at 2:17, still under my 2:20 goal and no injuries.

    Have a look at your race route to check for hills, if you only train flat , a race day hill can drain you mentally as well as physically.
    Take it easy, go at your own pace, relax and enjoy.
    Good luck, Daz.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #234
    Master markl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Well done Darren, and I see you've wisely decided to skip the pie...


    My wife did the half marathon and offer to bring the pie home for me - I declined.

    If it had been Greenhalghs the answer would have been different!

    Well done to all.

    Mark

    Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

  35. #235
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    396
    I ran 12 miles today and couldnít go much further. I canít quite believe Iíve got to run that twice and more to get to 26 in September (Berlin).

    Any tips for faster recovery?


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  36. #236
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    154
    12m with a marathon in September sounds like you are on target, don't try to rush the miles, build up slowly and the length of recovery will shorten over time. Towards the end of my marathon plan I use SIS rego but really there is no substitute for a well balanced diet and a well thought out training plan. Good luck

  37. #237
    Master Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    I ran 12 miles today and couldnít go much further. I canít quite believe Iíve got to run that twice and more to get to 26 in September (Berlin).

    Any tips for faster recovery?


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Spread the 26 miles over 2 or 3 days maybe Richard?

  38. #238
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by markl View Post


    My wife did the half marathon and offer to bring the pie home for me - I declined.

    If it had been Greenhalghs the answer would have been different!

    Well done to all.

    Mark
    Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
    There seems to be quite a large intersection here among people who like watches, people from Wigan, runners and people who eat pies..!

    We should organise our own Manchester break-away post-race pies'n'watches GTG for September - Mark, you're on buffet duty!

  39. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    I ran 12 miles today and couldnít go much further. I canít quite believe Iíve got to run that twice and more to get to 26 in September (Berlin).

    Any tips for faster recovery?


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Depending on what Iíve done, I might have a decent recovery shake and/or cherry active.

    Have also got some compression clothing that has pockets for ice packs that works well.

    The wife also bought me a compex machine that is really good for recovery.

    Did Wilmslow Half yesterday and itís been a massive help today

    Malc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #240
    Master markl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    There seems to be quite a large intersection here among people who like watches, people from Wigan, runners and people who eat pies..!

    We should organise our own Manchester break-away post-race pies'n'watches GTG for September - Mark, you're on buffet duty!
    .

    Ok, I'll bring the pies !



    Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

  41. #241
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Spread the 26 miles over 2 or 3 days maybe Richard?
    I might miss my flight back!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  42. #242
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    3,976
    96th Parkrun today, and still struggling with my pacing. 30 years ago I could do half marathons at 6.15 mins a mile, and not deviate by more than 5 seconds. Today, over the 5k, it was 7.02, 7.24 and 7.44 - and that is where my pacing always seems to end up now!! Really need to sort it out.

  43. #243
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clitheroe, Lancs
    Posts
    701
    Thatís still good running Andrzej - well done.

    Do you think youíd set out a little quick? I have an out and back 4 mile route at home. When I really went for it I got a time I was happy with. A few months the later I set out but took the 2 mile out leg at about 90% and same on the way back. I was 40 secs down at the turnaround, but only 5 secs off my best time by the time I got home - and I felt there was more to give at the end too.

    And in all sincerity, I think youíre going very strong - especially as youíre cycling and running.

  44. #244
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    3,976
    Quote Originally Posted by SpydieNut View Post
    Do you think youíd set out a little quick? I have an out and back 4 mile route at home. When I really went for it I got a time I was happy with. A few months the later I set out but took the 2 mile out leg at about 90% and same on the way back. I was 40 secs down at the turnaround, but only 5 secs off my best time by the time I got home - and I felt there was more to give at the end too.
    Absolutely right. The trouble is that after Friday off (London Bike Show yesterday -and I bought a Canyon) I just felt so good, it is difficult to slow down, especially with other runners around. Still, easy week this week, ready for the British Duathlon Championships in Bedford next Sunday.

  45. #245
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clitheroe, Lancs
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Absolutely right. The trouble is that after Friday off (London Bike Show yesterday -and I bought a Canyon) I just felt so good, it is difficult to slow down, especially with other runners around. Still, easy week this week, ready for the British Duathlon Championships in Bedford next Sunday.
    I know that feeling :)

  46. #246
    Craftsman goregasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    798
    Havenít commented here for a while but hereís an update;

    Friend of mine is currently training for the Liverpool HM so I (stupidly IMO) asked if I could join her on some training sessions, so I could up my miles.

    Managed to get up to 2 10kís to start, completed 7 miles one evening this week and weíre off out for 8 miles tomorrow morning.

    Itís the furthest Iíve ran in about 20 years, but Iím feeling good about it. I honestly didnít think I had it in me since I started running again last year with the C25K but these longer sessions are working wonders for my shorter runs, I even got a 5k PB on Friday morning!

  47. #247
    Master Wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    5,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    Havenít commented here for a while but hereís an update;

    Friend of mine is currently training for the Liverpool HM so I (stupidly IMO) asked if I could join her on some training sessions, so I could up my miles.

    Managed to get up to 2 10kís to start, completed 7 miles one evening this week and weíre off out for 8 miles tomorrow morning.

    Itís the furthest Iíve ran in about 20 years, but Iím feeling good about it. I honestly didnít think I had it in me since I started running again last year with the C25K but these longer sessions are working wonders for my shorter runs, I even got a 5k PB on Friday morning!
    Good work dudeÖ. Iíll be working up to an HM soon I hopeÖ

  48. #248
    Last 7.5km I think Iíve injured my hamstring! Been off running now for two weeks 😩😡

  49. #249
    Craftsman goregasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Good work dudeÖ. Iíll be working up to an HM soon I hopeÖ
    Cheers, our training plan goes up to 11m so if I get that far Iíll be happy. I do plan on continuing the longer runs though

  50. #250
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,224
    Blog Entries
    1
    Chaps

    Just a bit of advice please.

    I am going on holiday and will run (Fenix connected to the Garmin App) but I do not want the runs showing in Strava for obvious reasons. It seems easy enough to disconnect Strava in the Garmin Q app, but when I reconnect will it load the runs up, I donít want to lose the runs on my Strava total.

    Ta
    Pitch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •