closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 1,601 to 1,632 of 1632

Thread: TZUK Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Excellent - well done. We have only once had a pacer at Harrow - he was meant to go round in 25, and he did. BUT, he did not maintain an even pace so he was moving from 35 min pace to 20 min pace, and no one could stay properly with him. Hence, not again. The ones used each month at Cassiobury Watford are great, tend to be spot on, running at even pace. Three years ago I followed the 23 minute guy, and then managed to accelerate away to the finish to get 22.45.

On a personal note, my own parkrun recovery is still under way, so since I started being able to jog again in February at 35.11, then gradually down at a minute or two a time, then 27.10 on 4th May, and today 26.39 (69.92%), so next one will be back over 70%.
    I tried to keep it as even as I could. I was marginally slower on the first half then the second because the wind that blights Rutland Water was blowing off the dam, but kept it to within a few seconds pace wise. Did 5'24", 5'23", 5'22", 5'18" and 5'14". Strong wind behind us on the way back as I say, and I put a little spurt in towards the end to make sure the group just ahead of me were over in sub 27.

They have pacers on the first race of each month at Rutland, odd numbers one month, even the next. I'd have thought they'd do them more often at most races, as you get a volunteer credit as well as your race time.

Well done on your recovery, must feel nice to see it going back in the right direction. Think 70% is about 21:30 for my age group so a way to go yet.

Master
    The past weekend saw our local GAA (Gaelic football) club's 10k / 5k

Wife and kids entered the 5k, I did the 10k

Just over 600 starts across the two events, so very well supported

Highlight of the day was my wee lad's (5 yo) best ever 5k, clocking in at 29.40 -- his big sister (6 yo) not far behind at 31.22

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

Highlight of the day was my wee lad's (5 yo) best ever 5k, clocking in at 29.40 -- his big sister (6 yo) not far behind at 31.22
    Cracking times for young 'uns, you must be very proud!

Did Endure24 Saturday and Sunday as a team of 7. Which meant 5 8k laps each spread over 24 hours.

A fantastic event which I really enjoyed. As a running club we had 48 people doing it spread over several different teams.

Real run running the trails. Although not great when my Headtorch packed in 4k in at 3am. That made for some fun running down steep root lines trails!!

Zero sleep during it mind but a cracking time for all.

Blog Entries

How great is that !!!!! Well done kiddies.

New 5k pb - 22:27

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Nice one!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Well done! Anything in the 22s is motoring!

Master
    Superb - well done. I certainly will not be seeing that again (even on a downhill, wind assisted course)!!

Master
    Superb - well done. I certainly will not be seeing that again (even on a downhill, wind assisted course)!!
    66 year old in my group runs sub 21 !!

Master
    66 year old in my group runs sub 21 !!
    Hope for us oldies yet. Years ago a Watford AC runner Julian Critchlow used to win a lot of our races, he is now 60+, and runs mainly Poole parkrun - not a fast one, and does sub 18!!

Blog Entries
    That is fantastic and well done buddy.

Pitch

Little bit of parkrun tourism this weekend. I took my son over to stay with his cousin in Dublin for a post-GCSE break, so did one of the Dublin parkruns yesterday, Fairview Park. Not an especially memorable park (three laps of a fairly bland city centre park) but the volunteers there were amazingly friendly and welcoming and really made it feel special.

A curry and a few pints of Guinness the night before not the best idea though…

Master

A curry and a few pints of Guinness the night before not the best idea though…
    We’ve all been there!

To anybody running behind me I can only apologise.

Blog Entries
    Lowestoft Parkrun hosted CowFest last Saturday and a new attendance record of 591.

Fantastic event and some of the regular Cowfest parkrun crew had some funny outfits on.

If they rock up near you go along, its a must

Great one for me as well as we ran with our eldest granddaughter, who did her first proper parkrun. Seeing wifey, daughter and granddaughter all running together was very special.

Pitch
    Last edited by Pitch3110; 18th June 2024 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Lowestoft Parkrun hosted CowFest last Saturday and a new attendance record of 591.

Great one for me as well as we ran with our eldest granddaughter, who did her first proper parkrun. Seeing wifey, daughter and granddaughter all running together was very special.

Pitch
    Ah that's great mate, you must be very proud of all of them! My eldest daughter (18) is my usual running partner, but we're trying to get her two younger sisters into junior parkrun with an eye on doing proper parkrun by the end of the year.

Today's Rutland parkrun was off, due to it being the 10K event there, so I did that instead. It was a bit warm for my liking, but got a pb of 51:08.

Master

Fantastic event and some of the regular Cowfest parkrun crew had some funny outfits on.

Pitch
    Brilliant Paul!

Master

Today's Rutland parkrun was off, due to it being the 10K event there, so I did that instead. It was a bit warm for my liking, but got a pb of 51:08.
    Next stop, 50.00 ;-)

That’s the aim!

Did the Black Mountains trail marathon today organised by TEC.

Beautiful route and conditions but a brutal race. 2264 metres of elevation, plus all of the corresponding downhill bits.

It was actually 47.89 km so a tad more than a marathon but not enough to warrant an ultra.

Felt pretty good considering, managed 6 hours 15. And was the first veteran back!

Just look at that profile

Guess who had a curry and beer when they got back?

Bloody hell mate, hats off to you. Anybody who can do that has my complete and utter admiration. I was tutting about a 10 foot incline up a grassy bank at Rutland Water yesterday!

Master
    Very impressive run! Do "ultra" classifications start at 50km? If so, you would have thought that an extra couple of km could have been found!

Very impressive run! Do "ultra" classifications start at 50km? If so, you would have thought that an extra couple of km could have been found!
    I think the definition of ultra is a bit vague , although quite a few would say about 33 miles. They also had an ultra distance as well as 1/2 marathon so I guess they couldn’t call it ultra!

I’m pretty pleased as I’ve been recovering from a calf strain and the max distance I’d run in training was 30k about 8 weeks before. So years worth of running and hiking paid off in the end

Bloody hell mate, hats off to you. Anybody who can do that has my complete and utter admiration. I was tutting about a 10 foot incline up a grassy bank at Rutland Water yesterday!
    This was 7437ft elevation gain in total so a tad bit more. Having said that with the steepness of quite a bit being way over 10% everyone power hikes those climbs.

It’s really good fun bombing down the descents though. I’m pretty good downhill so made up lots of time and overtook a lot of people as well. The only benefit of all those ups!

Master
    No matter what the official definition is, it's an "ultra" in my book especially on trails and with that elevation - well done!

I haven't posted here much since London Marathon but have kept the legs ticking over all this time. Of course took a 5 day break from running and gym after that race and even then stuck to only easy pace for a few weeks. These last 2 weeks crept above 70km again (77.67km this week).

Master
    Have I selected the right TZ UK running club on Strava? There’s only 23 members

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Have I selected the right TZ UK running club on Strava? There’s only 23 members
    There were a few more of us in a previous iteration, but yes that sounds like the right club (we're up to 24 now that you've joined).
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Little bit of parkrun tourism this weekend. I took my son over to stay with his cousin in Dublin for a post-GCSE break, so did one of the Dublin parkruns yesterday, Fairview Park. Not an especially memorable park (three laps of a fairly bland city centre park) but the volunteers there were amazingly friendly and welcoming and really made it feel special.
    I was in Dublin this weekend and, by coincidence, ran* at Fairview parkrun. It was the closest to where I was staying and selected because I overslept (my original plan was to get the train to Laytown Beach). I would agree with you on both the park and the volunteers. As an aside I went for a walk in Poolbeg on Friday including the parkrun course and reckon that would be a nice one.

(*when I say 'ran', I ran some of it slowly and walked the rest to protect a dodgy calf and hamstring)

I was at another CowFest meetup last Saturday at Orangefield in Belfast.

A bit of background explanation... The first person to run at 100 different parkrun locations was Chris Cowell and people who have run 100+ different parkrun locations are considered to be in the Cowell club. Anyone who has run 20 or more can join the UK parkrun tourists group on Facebook and can buy a 'Cow Cowl' (a buff with a yellow, white and black cow design) that helps parkrun tourists identify other parkrun tourists at parkrun. Every year the UK parkrun tourists group organise 4 CowFest meetups on the same day spread around the UK.

If you look very, very carefully you'll spot me (twice) in this news report: https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2024-06...owfest-parkrun

Master
    I'm still plodding along occasionally, managed 6k last night.

Just trying to keep it going ATM as cycling is my sport, but I find adding in a bit of running really adds that bit to my fitness, and given I'm 60 next month good for bone density.

I'm patiently waiting for my annual PFO email for the London Marathon ballot.

The emails go out today..best of luck to everyone who entered.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Buchannon View Post
    I'm patiently waiting for my annual PFO email for the London Marathon ballot.

The emails go out today..best of luck to everyone who entered.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    I am not in, nor my daughter.
    Have to be happy with the 4 that I did years ago.
    I suppose I could look at the "good for age" route - a very easy 5hrs. 10 mins for me, or, with my stunning good looks, if I run as a woman, 6hrs. 15 minutes!