TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: TZUK Running Club

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    We shall cross paths I’m sure !

10k this morning...not particularly fast but the longest distance I’ve run in about 12 years! Felt good. 18.5k for the week which I’m quite proud of 😊

5.8km in the pouring rain, legs heavy, but glad to of done something.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    10k this morning...not particularly fast but the longest distance I’ve run in about 12 years! Felt good. 18.5k for the week which I’m quite proud of
    Good stuff, haven’t quite reached the 10k myself yet, I’m not to bothered about time yet, I’m still at the glad to off done it stage

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    I haven’t ran in 1.5 weeks due to ITB injury/pain

Out for 16-18k run this morning which is going to be a make it break it run - if the pain is bad then I’m going to have to look at not running for a significant amount of time
    try a foam roller if you have t already

Craftsman
    Been using foam roller and ran 16k yesterday - in agony afterwards! Going to have to rest up from running and find other things to do

Unfortunately I am not a member of a gym and don’t want to join one as when I’m running I don’t have time for other gym sessions

I have a kettlebell at home so I’m going to look at using that and potentially swimming on a pay as you go basis as well

Master
    Ashridge Sprint Duathlon today. 5k first run, just 2.5k second one. The big advantage of being old is that I won my age group, and that means I have already qualified for the world championships in 2020. Though representing GBR at Europeans in June this year first.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    Been using foam roller and ran 16k yesterday - in agony afterwards! Going to have to rest up from running and find other things to do

Unfortunately I am not a member of a gym and don’t want to join one as when I’m running I don’t have time for other gym sessions

I have a kettlebell at home so I’m going to look at using that and potentially swimming on a pay as you go basis as well
    I understand time issues but would add that for the first time in my life (and I ran to a decent standard in my youth) having built in regular gym sessions I can run 3 times a week.

I know this doesn't sound a lot but for me is a real triumph. you name it I struggle with it, hamstrings glutes itb lower back and shin splints lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Ashridge Sprint Duathlon today. 5k first run, just 2.5k second one. The big advantage of being old is that I won my age group, and that means I have already qualified for the world championships in 2020. Though representing GBR at Europeans in June this year first.
    Good effort 👍🏻

Craftsman
    Excellent Andrzej - congratulations!!

Blog Entries
    Poorly weekend.

No footy. No running.

Bah ! & double bah !

z

Blog Entries
    Cracking effort, well done bud.

Pitch

Blog Entries
    Just wondered chaps, I purchased Mrs P a Garmin FR30 which talks to the Garmin App fine but I cannot get it to link with her Strava. I have linked them and they say they are linked but the runs are not copying over to the Strava App.

Any ideas????

Ta
    Pitch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Just wondered chaps, I purchased Mrs P a Garmin FR30 which talks to the Garmin App fine but I cannot get it to link with her Strava. I have linked them and they say they are linked but the runs are not copying over to the Strava App.

Any ideas????

Ta
    Pitch
    I had the same issue a while back. Un-linking an re-linking seemed to sort it for me. If the files are showing up on your Garmin app then its certainly the link between that and Strava. Make sure there are no blocks via the privacy settings in Strava / Garmin app.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
    21.39 at the park run today
    6 seconds better than last week

suspect getting anywhere near 20 mat be a struggle!!

I spent a bit of time chasing the 20 min mark last year and ended up injured. Happy now just doing 24 ish every week and no stresses or strains.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    I had the same issue a while back. Un-linking an re-linking seemed to sort it for me. If the files are showing up on your Garmin app then its certainly the link between that and Strava. Make sure there are no blocks via the privacy settings in Strava / Garmin app.
    Cheers buddy and tried everything and no go. My Garmin Connect and Strava are working fine and we have mirrored the settings also.

It’s nuts.

Ta
    Pitch

Grand Master
    Ive got my Garmin Fenix 5x Sapphire on SC if anyone is after the daddy of GPS trackers with a ton of features
    RIAC

Blog Entries
    Minus 13 C for my 10km today (55 mins)…. My body feels like it’s been sunburnt!

Was fabulous though…. Compacted snow was surprisingly grippy to run on!

Superb stuff 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Great effort...I went out last night and struggled to do 4km! Miserable weather.

Still given that I’ve only started running this year (been doing Brit Mil Fitness for 2 years) I’m pleased to have hit 50km in January...

Good stuff, 9.4k rattled out last night myself.
    Just trying to get myself motivated to go out in the snow and ice 😂😂

Well went out and done 5.7km, was a real struggle to be honest, mentally not in it and legs heavy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    Well went out and done 5.7km, was a real struggle to be honest, mentally not in it and legs heavy.

I leave at least a full day between runs, I must be getting old

Blog Entries
    Some good stuff here chaps and bloody well done.

There is no doubt this really has given me the kick I needed and I am well and truly back enjoying a run again.

Time is my biggest grind (I know, I know........) but managed a quick run with WVAC last night and with a few minutes tonight I rattled 2k out in 10:08, just need to carry that over another 3k and I will be getting somewhere I would like to be again...

Its good to see what you lot are up to and keep it up..

Cheers

Pitch

Some good stuff here chaps and bloody well done.

There is no doubt this really has given me the kick I needed and I am well and truly back enjoying a run again.

Time is my biggest grind (I know, I know........) but managed a quick run with WVAC last night and with a few minutes tonight I rattled 2k out in 10:08, just need to carry that over another 3k and I will be getting somewhere I would like to be again...

Its good to see what you lot are up to and keep it up..

Cheers

Pitch
    Indeed, I’m finding this and Stava generally a good motivating tool 👍🏻

Lunch run

Managed a 3miler on lunch break yesterday nice and fresh out!
    Dan

10.6km this morning, was a very cold day in the Highlands and the ground was really icy.
    Glad to get round in one piece

5.4km today, was absolutely Baltic, ground was frozen solid

5.4km today, was absolutely Baltic, ground was frozen solid

Well done, I’m not risking it until the ground thaws. I can’t risk an injury when I’m only getting started.

Craftsman
    3 out of 5 of my nearest parkruns are cancelled for tomorrow :(

Still going to go and run around my nearest one on my own :)

Enjoy the weekend runs chaps and stay safe!

6.4km this morning, beautiful day in the highlands but the pavements were really icy, don’t think the gritters had been out yet.
    If I’d known they were that bad I wouldn’t off went out to be honest.

Master
    60k last week, the final being a 25k on Sunday. Prep going ok for Ultra in 10 weeks.

Need to shift a bit of weight and stop drinking though.

Craftsman
    Been following this thread. I'm just starting to pick up my running again after a good year in 2018; pretty much my first year properly trying to run. Always said (and was told) since a young age that I was a 'non-runner'. I was determined to give it a go in 2018 after a number of false starts (no pun intended).

I managed to get my consistent pace down to under 8 minute miles and completed an organised 10km which was a big deal for me! To begin with I struggled to run a single mile without stopping.

My target for 2019 is a half marathon, with a whole summer to build up to it. In the ballot for one I have in mind towards the end of the year, failing that I will keep looking.

My main advice to newcomers would be that it will be very hard when you start. It will hurt. You will feel sick. For me it was vital to record my time and distance (Strava for me) as it allowed me to see progress and stay motivated. I was surprised to see how quickly progress came, though I admit the first month or so was hard work. Well worth it though, particularly once you realise that runner's high is a real thing!

2 runs this week so far, Weather not been great and felt pretty crap my self.
    10.6 and 12.4km.
    Was surprised at myself this morning after 4 or 5 large drams last night, lovely Glenlivet though

Blog Entries
    2 runs this week so far, Weather not been great and felt pretty crap my self.
    10.6 and 12.4km.
    Was surprised at myself this morning after 4 or 5 large drams last night, lovely Glenlivet though

Nowt wrong with those distances - keep it up!

6.4km this afternoon, it was blowing a hooley
    Bit of a struggle but got there in the end.
    Golf tomorrow hopefully so no run

Craftsman
    First jog of the year done. Time to get back in to it!

Craftsman
    Starting to up my distance as the weather starts to improve. Got a 10km in this weekend.

On longer runs (10km+) I am often struggling to 'get my head straight'. I am constantly thinking about distance covered, distance to go, how much longer, this hurts, that aches etc. When I break out of this I become quite clear of mind and actually enjoy the run. Does anybody have any advice for pro-actively this?

PS. I received my place for the half marathon I was after in September!

Craftsman
    Starting to up my distance as the weather starts to improve. Got a 10km in this weekend.

On longer runs (10km+) I am often struggling to 'get my head straight'. I am constantly thinking about distance covered, distance to go, how much longer, this hurts, that aches etc. When I break out of this I become quite clear of mind and actually enjoy the run. Does anybody have any advice for pro-actively this?

PS. I received my place for the half marathon I was after in September!
    I tend to try and switch off really and just run. I do check my pace often but just try and clear the brain and enjoy it. My brain works at 100mph all the time so it’s nice to just stop thinking

I find music helps as well and I know others use audio books as well

Master
    I run with music on all my long slow runs. Have my favourite albums on shuffle, so one great song after another.

16.1km so far this week, went out on Tuesday and had to stop and walk as I had a shooting pain right up my groin, out last night to try again and still pretty sore.
    Anyone had a groin injury and have a cure.....

Slacked off for the last month (combination of work travel, weather, a heavy cold a not inconsiderable dose of 'can't be arsed'), but just dragged myself out for a very sedate 5k. That's sedate in the sense of slow, it was still harder work than I'd like. Still, need to get back into it and there's really no alternative to putting shoes on and getting on with it!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Slacked off for the last month (combination of work travel, weather, a heavy cold a not inconsiderable dose of 'can't be arsed'), but just dragged myself out for a very sedate 5k. That's sedate in the sense of slow, it was still harder work than I'd like. Still, need to get back into it and there's really no alternative to putting shoes on and getting on with it!
    Pack your running shoes in your work bag…. In the last few weeks I’ve run up and down a Norwegian Fjord and then along the river Tyne this week…. It’s always an great way to see a city a strange town city when away with work...

Pack your running shoes in your work bag…. In the last few weeks I’ve run up and down a Norwegian Fjord and then along the river Tyne this week…. It’s always an great way to see a city a strange town city when away with work...
    I know, I usually do, but we had 5 days in Stockholm in January and I didn't fancy the combination of very cold temperatures and snowy/icy streets. My shoes will be going off to NL with me this week for a run while I'm over.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    I had been wondering why your name wasn't coming upon Strava - now I know!
    Been having a very quiet week as doing a duathlon at Grafham Water tomorrow.

Master
    My knee had been ‘playing up’ - last Sunday morning it felt ok and the weather was nice so I thought I’d try again
    Only had 2 park runs under my belt so was pretty pleased with this - alas I’ve been paying for it all week, limping around- it felt fine on the run though
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Blog Entries
    Well eight weeks in, 26:17 for 5k and 58:58 for my first 10k yesterday in over two years, so pretty pleased at 53 the body is beginning to work again, the memory is there. I have also joined Waveney Valley AC so training once a week with them and twice from next week.

So, the ole TZ club has got me going again.

You all having fun.

Ta
    Pitch

Blog Entries
    Well eight weeks in, 26:17 for 5k and 58:58 for my first 10k yesterday in over two years, so pretty pleased at 53 the body is beginning to work again, the memory is there. I have also joined Waveney Valley AC so training once a week with them and twice from next week.

You all having fun.

Ta
    Pitch
    Proud of you my little web footed chum x

Craftsman

You all having fun.

Ta
    Pitch
    Great progress that! On the right path, just in time for the weather improving!

Blog Entries
    Proud of you my little web footed chum x
    You say the most loveliest things princess.