closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Adjusting the speed of a CWC G10

Adjusting the speed of a CWC G10

Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the speed of a CWC G10 battery hatch type. I own several.The 1991 model is spot on but some newer models loose about 10 seconds a month. Is there a way of speeding the time up without taking the actual watch to pieces. In other words is the an adjustment funcion on the watch?Not knowing much about the actual working of a quartz watch I shall try and pick your brains out there.However I dare not take the watch apart after reading on one of the topics I gather there is a clamp required to put it together again.
    Regards
    Nimrod

Some of the earlier CWC used a high quality quartz movement which was also used in Omega quartz. There may well be a trimmer on the oscillator of the later models but you would need to open the case to access it. I believe 10 seconds a month is within specification.

Interestingly, Seiko made a King Seiko model with twin oscillators back in the 1970s which is identifiable by a twin crystal logo on the dial. This was accurate to within 10 seconds a year.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thanks for that advice Eddie. I think I shall use the old saying if it works why fix it! Or in my case I can see a lot of bits of a watch on my table and cant get them back in the watch case.I just thought there might be some sort of an adjustment device as there is on some makes. I cant complain for accuracy though 10 sec per month is not that bad, but the 1991 model is just amazing. Spot on every time. I set my issue watch (2000 version) to this one. Never had one like it.
    Regards
    Nimrod