closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko still can't get things straight.

Master

Seiko still can't get things straight.

Thought Seiko might have made a bit more of an effort to get the alignment right on a limited edition piece🤔

Hard to miss too when it’s bright orange

Master
    That's pretty bad and you're right that considering its a limited edition more care would be given to these watches.

I do feel of late looking at Seiko alone there have been so many well documented QC issues even on the higher priced pieces and it takes the shine of some absolutely otherwise lovely watches Seiko make at the Lower end of the market.

Master
    Have contacted the jewellers where I bought it from (was bought online so didn't see the watch before purchase) and they've said Seiko won't accept this as a defect and therefore won't sort it. Have already resized the bracelet and worn it a couple of times so can't send it back for a refund (my fault for not checking it first). Not a major problem but I know it's there🙄

Master
    Blog Entries
    Similar to my turtle... I'm just refusing to let it spoil my experience

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Similar to my turtle... I'm just refusing to let it spoil my experience
    Think that's the way I'm going towards👍

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear that OP. It was the first thing I checked as I got bitten by misalignment on my PADI Turtle so always double check alignment on new watches ASAP.

Disappointing to say the least. I thought Seiko might have been on the case, but seemingly not.

It's a watch. Made in a factory. That costs less than 500 quid.

In other news, the almonds on my morning croissant were unevenly distributed.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    That must be very annoying-I can understand why you’re unhappy but is it worth ignoring the dealer and talking to Seiko directly?

Received a new Seiko solar tuna the other day, the chapter ring was not too bad but the second hand was out by loads, not only that but the crown wobbled more than a wobbly wobble. Returned it, I dont expect perfection but have seen better alignment from a 20 quid watch let alone something 3 and a half hundred. P*ss poor.

Master
    Last two Turtles I bought both out on chapter ring alignment. For a higher quality reissue, at similar money, check out the Bulova 98b320 Oceanographer, or the moonwatch, especially the PVD version; they put Seiko to shame.
    And I love Seiko, usually.

The samurai grey dawn I looked at last Saturday was exactly in the same position of alignment, still a nice looking watch.

Blog Entries
    That‘d drive me nuts... Monk that I am.

Craftsman
    I feel for you, OP. Even though it isn’t a super expensive piece you still would expect better QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Relax

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post

Are your almonds meant to be evenly distributed🤔

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I guess if we are talking about a balanced diet?....

- - - Updated - - -

I guess if we are talking about a balanced diet?....

Plenty of other manufacturers manage to get it right for a lot less than £500.

As for the almonds … on a croissant? Wrong on so many levels.

£500 is a lot to me.
    Seiko is perhaps still my preferred watch brand and I own a few.
    Good quality and value at every price level has been the consistent and defining characteristic of Seiko upon which their reputation stands.
    If this photo is a true representation, I can't see the point of defending poor quality control.

Master
    Thought Seiko might have made a bit more of an effort to get the alignment right on a limited edition piece樂
    Agree Seiko seem to be a bit hit and miss with regards QC, I sent my first Prospex Samurai SRPB49 back due to the bezel pip being off
    your chapter ring appears to be aligned OK, looks like it's just the 12 Orange marker that isn't centralized within the minute marker

shame you sized the bracelet, i'd order a replacement (if still available) and change bracelets....

Would drive me mad. Why not send to a Seiko modder for them to sort the alignment? I imagine it would cost under £50.

Not something you should have to do with a new watch, but that much misalignment would drive me mad.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    Agree Seiko seem to be a bit hit and miss with regards QC, I sent my first Prospex Samurai SRPB49 back due to the bezel pip being off
    your chapter ring appears to be aligned OK, looks like it's just the 12 Orange marker that isn't centralized within the minute marker

shame you sized the bracelet, i'd order a replacement (if still available) and change bracelets....
    Not sure if you can get one but not a bad idea.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Would drive me mad. Why not send to a Seiko modder for them to sort the alignment? I imagine it would cost under £50.

Not something you should have to do with a new watch, but that much misalignment would drive me mad.
    You're right in saying I shouldn't have to but might be a good option. Going to send a pic to Seiko and see what they say. If this is within their tolerance range then their tolerances are quite large🤣

You're right in saying I shouldn't have to but might be a good option. Going to send a pic to Seiko and see what they say. If this is within their tolerance range then their tolerances are quite large
    It'll be within tolerance. If they don't help, try Tempus watch mods. Just did a crystal change for me, work seems spot on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    It'll be within tolerance. If they don't help, try Tempus watch mods. Just did a crystal change for me, work seems spot on.
    Thanks mate, just sent an email to Seiko but not really expecting much. Will give Tempus a shout if they fob me off.

The average selling price of a watch in the UK is £87 - so I'd would think that would you get to nearly five times that a customer is likely to expect it to be straight...